Hey Guys, Great News!

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Dark Knight_23
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Hey Guys, Great News!

Post by Dark Knight_23 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:02 pm

On NBC's Knight Rider Site, They Have ALL Knight Rider Episodes to View, From "A Knight In Shining Armor" to "Knight And The City". I've Been Wanting to See The Past Episodes for a While Now, This Is Pretty Cool :)

*Mini Knight Rider Marathon! lol*
Congratulations. You have successfully signed the petition:
Save Knight Rider.
-You are signer #7412 -

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Re: Hey Guys, Great News!

Post by Knight007 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:27 am

hopefully the number of viewers will be high and get some effect on NBC Image :kitt:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:32 am

Yup, several people have mentioned this already though I don't remember if someone's actually bothered to make a topic about it. :good: A link however might have been helpful.

NBC.com
http://www.nbc.com/Knight_Rider/video/episodes/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hulu:
http://www.hulu.com/search/Knight+Rider ... pe=episode" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'd suggest everyone who can at least watch one or two episodes via the online stream. It probably won't mean much but there being a good amount of traffic and streaming viewers couldn't hurt. :lol: I'm surprised it's not been mentioned on the news page.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:21 pm

I've been hooking my laptop up to my TV and watching a few episodes that way. However, on a 52" TV, when I make the picture full screen it gets choppy and not really watchable. And that's even with the site's player set on the highest available quality. Is there any way to get full HD picture and sound out of this?
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

V8 Interceptor
Volunteer

Post by V8 Interceptor » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:09 pm

Dark Knight_23 wrote:On NBC's Knight Rider Site, They Have ALL Knight Rider Episodes to View, From "A Knight In Shining Armor" to "Knight And The City". I've Been Wanting to See The Past Episodes for a While Now, This Is Pretty Cool :)

*Mini Knight Rider Marathon! lol*
They are all available on XBox live too, if you have a XBox 360.
"I am the Knight Rider, I'm a fuel injected suicide machine, I'm a rocker, I'm a roller, I'm a outacontroller I AM A KNIGHT RIDER BABY!"

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Post by lunchmeat » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:12 pm

Lost Knight wrote:I've been hooking my laptop up to my TV and watching a few episodes that way. However, on a 52" TV, when I make the picture full screen it gets choppy and not really watchable. And that's even with the site's player set on the highest available quality. Is there any way to get full HD picture and sound out of this?
Unfortunately, you probably won't. Hulu can scale to 480p, which is great on a monitor, but not so great on a 52" TV. You'd ideally want a 720p or 1080i video for your TV. (1080p would be best, I'm sure, but I think only Blu-Ray currently supports that format? I might be wrong.)

If you are connecting your TV to your laptop, it may be beneficial to verify that your laptop is outputting a screen resolution that the TV can handle easily. Additionally, you will want to make sure that the laptop graphics are up-to-speed - you might be outputting at a really high resolution, which may be taxing your laptop graphics chip. (It's probably performing calculations to make the video look better at a higher resolution, which could be killing your framerate.)

Regardless of that, though....even if your hardware is running at full spec, your weak link is the video itself. 480p will just look fairly average compared to higher scan resolutions. Good luck, though - check those things, they might help.
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:26 pm

lunchmeat wrote:Unfortunately, you probably won't. Hulu can scale to 480p, which is great on a monitor, but not so great on a 52" TV. You'd ideally want a 720p or 1080i video for your TV. (1080p would be best, I'm sure, but I think only Blu-Ray currently supports that format? I might be wrong.)

If you are connecting your TV to your laptop, it may be beneficial to verify that your laptop is outputting a screen resolution that the TV can handle easily. Additionally, you will want to make sure that the laptop graphics are up-to-speed - you might be outputting at a really high resolution, which may be taxing your laptop graphics chip. (It's probably performing calculations to make the video look better at a higher resolution, which could be killing your framerate.)

Regardless of that, though....even if your hardware is running at full spec, your weak link is the video itself. 480p will just look fairly average compared to higher scan resolutions. Good luck, though - check those things, they might help.
Thanks for the info, lunchmeat. It seems NBC should take a page out of FOX's book and put their programming in HD like they do on their Web site. Even on NBC's site, I've seen some randomized HD videos, but complete episodes don't seem to be available in HD.

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Post by lunchmeat » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:27 am

Wow, so I saw this thread and didn't really think about it....until I went to NBC's site and saw the "watch all of the episodes" thing. They're on Hulu too! I am SO having a Knight Rider 2008 mini-marathon today! :D
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR

Mr. M
Rookie

Post by Mr. M » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:53 am

I'm definitely going to be rewatching some episodes! These episodes after the "KARR" one were fairly decent. :karr:

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:55 pm

One correction I have to make...looking further on NBC.com, it appears that you have to install NBC Direct (beta) which allows the user to download shows in HD. They're probably purposely not offering the full episodes in HD so they can push people into installing it.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:00 pm

Believe it or not but if you watch the episodes again they seem way better than the first time you watched it!
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway