ratings for feb 25

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

epc1122
Rookie

ratings for feb 25

Post by epc1122 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:15 pm

since knight rider wasnt on last night, i was wondering if anyone knows how nbc did with biggest loser in its place. i think i read somewhere that american idol squashed the competition, but wasnt sure how the numbers work out.

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: ratings for feb 25

Post by Lynda414 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:09 pm

FOX American Idol 23.68 8.5/23 6.7/21
NBC Biggest Loser 8.73 3.3/9 2.8/9
CBS New Adventures of Old Christine (R) 5.83 1.5/4 0.9/3
ABC LOST (R) 4.97 1.7/5 1.4/5
CW Privileged (R) 0.90 0.4/1 0.5/2
Here are the numbers according to tvbythenumbers.com

epc1122
Rookie

Post by epc1122 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:49 pm

is that more or less than what knight rider has been pulling in? is it alot better, worse, or about the same?

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:50 pm

It's more. The Biggest Loser got roughly 3 million more viewers than Knight Rider did last week.

honnziva
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by honnziva » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:48 pm

eh...

to me thats give and take... considering biggest loser is promoted to hell... and i mean to hell.

i don't think thats a huge difference.. 3 mil... just shows with a little more promotion...
"To our future. No matter who it may take us up against or where"

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:56 am

Yeah but if KR had three million more viewers the show would probably already be renewed and probably retained those five episodes that were cut. ;) I would consider a more than 50% increase to be quite significant. It probably didn't hurt that it also went against a rerun of the New Adventures of Old Christine and Gary Unmarried... But on the other hand, the bigger thing is the two main demos that were roughly one to two points higher than what KR has been usually getting.

Did anyone watch it here? Were there any advertisements for KR? I doubt it... Oh but on the bright side, Life actually did worse without KR leading in, which I think shows that a good part of the KR audience might have been sticking around for Life and vice-versa. But Life's number of viewers (4.87M) was a little worse than anything KR has gotten aside from the New Years Eve episode. I think it's fair to say Life is certainly done for, hopefully the final episode isn't a cliffhanger or anything lame like that and resolves the on going story arc.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

necrophilissimo
Rookie

Post by necrophilissimo » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:25 am

Biggest loser got 3m more viewers than KR? Promoted or not, I think I just lost all the hope for humanity.
TAGAP: The Apocalyptic Game About Penguins - Join the penguin apocalypse!

R.I.T.T.
Recruit

Post by R.I.T.T. » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:24 am

PHOENIXZERO wrote:Yeah but if KR had three million more viewers the show would probably already be renewed and probably retained those five episodes that were cut. ;)
Weren't they cut because of the money crisis that is going on in the world? At least that's what I heard...
Hello, I am Rush Industries Three Thousand, R.I.T.T. for easy reference, or Ritt if you prefer.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:40 am

epc1122 wrote:since knight rider wasnt on last night, i was wondering if anyone knows how nbc did with biggest loser in its place. i think i read somewhere that american idol squashed the competition, but wasnt sure how the numbers work out.
You really got me thinking Knight Rider was on this week for a minute there...
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

KITTKARR85
Recruit

Post by KITTKARR85 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:52 am

If a show is promoted, then better ratings are expected but considering KR, it does good even w/o promos. It's still decent, it could always be better ala commercials but it's still bringing in viewers.

:skar:

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:08 am

wasnt this the season final of biggest loser??? If it was, then having more people watching is normal. many of us dont pay any attention of those reality things till the last episod. Image :kitt:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:54 am

No, The Biggest Loser from what I saw is only at the half-way point.
KITTKARR85 wrote:If a show is promoted, then better ratings are expected but considering KR, it does good even w/o promos. It's still decent, it could always be better ala commercials but it's still bringing in viewers.

:skar:
Some promotion might help but after all the advertising NBC did during the Superbowl and after it did next to zero for helping those shows. Even the Office which had the slot after the game and had 22M viewers ended up actually doing worse than the week before on its regularly scheduled episode. One I guess could argue that a lot of people didn't even know KR was still on due to the lack of advertising where as these other shows are more established with their times slots and whomever is watching already is. Though it's pretty odd that all the advertising really did nothing to help them.
R.I.T.T. wrote:
PHOENIXZERO wrote:Yeah but if KR had three million more viewers the show would probably already be renewed and probably retained those five episodes that were cut. ;)
Weren't they cut because of the money crisis that is going on in the world? At least that's what I heard...
That's the apparent reason but I doubt that if KR's ratings were better they still would have been cut seeing as there are plenty of other NBC shows that didn't have their orders shortened due to the economy. I'd imagine it's a bit of both.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:03 pm

Just to step off topic for a moment here, I believe in good promotions over KR with The Biggest Loser. There are so many fat asses in the world, and people still moan and groan about anything that is considered diet food. I really like positive shows like this....hell, it should be on during weekend mornings in place of the crap cartoons NBC plays for christian kids in the mornings.

As for Knight Rider, if a show can do this well without promos, I think NBC knows they have a winner with KITT.

Honeykitt
Rookie

Post by Honeykitt » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:10 pm

This is just speculation on my part, but:

I wonder how many of those viewers had tuned in for Knight Rider because they were not aware of it not being on this week.

Just a thought.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:42 pm

Doubtful as the night before the show had 9 to 10 million viewers. It actually does somewhat well on NBC as far as their shows go...