Knight Industries/FLAG need to smooth things with the gov.

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Knight Industries/FLAG need to smooth things with the gov.

Post by PunkMaister » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:33 am

While I recall that FLAG and Knight Industries worked independently of the government they were never red listed or considered almost enemies of the state as they are currently considered. That is probably a result of what happened in the KARR incident but anyhow they do need to smooth things down and soon.

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Knight Industries/FLAG need to smooth things with the gov.

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:04 pm

Well, we are just getting a bigger spoonful of the b.s. that Mike and team have to deal with on these missions. Mike getting arrested is part of the risk...always had been. So with that in mind, I welcome the peace of mind the writers included in the story to make this sound that odds have always been stacked against one man trying to make a difference.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:27 pm

KnightINSTINCT wrote:Well, we are just getting a bigger spoonful of the b.s. that Mike and team have to deal with on these missions. Mike getting arrested is part of the risk...always had been. So with that in mind, I welcome the peace of mind the writers included in the story to make this sound that odds have always been stacked against one man trying to make a difference.
Yes it is true that even when the SSC was under government contract the risk of them being arrested was there. But after the KARR thing is like they are walking on eggshells when it comes to the Government and they never had it that bad in the TOS even though they worked independently from the government. At this point they are lucky they all haven been arrested, all their property including KITT seized and then having the feds throw away the keys.At least Sarah in this episode began to try to smooth things with the Feds but is obviously going to take a long time for the Government and for Knight Industries/FLAG to have any kind of working relationship and by that I don't mean a contract but an amiable relationship such as the one the TOS FLAG did have with the US government.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:48 am

good point. I was surprised my self about the new confrintation between the goverment and FLAG. Image :kitt:

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:41 am

They didn't use the name FLAG yet, they were just talking about Knight Industries.
Maybe that's the beginning of reistablishing FLAG.

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:34 pm

Maybe we see Mike do some decent missions that prove the worthiness of re-establishing FLAG?

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:41 pm

PunkMaister wrote:
KnightINSTINCT wrote:Well, we are just getting a bigger spoonful of the b.s. that Mike and team have to deal with on these missions. Mike getting arrested is part of the risk...always had been. So with that in mind, I welcome the peace of mind the writers included in the story to make this sound that odds have always been stacked against one man trying to make a difference.
Yes it is true that even when the SSC was under government contract the risk of them being arrested was there. But after the KARR thing is like they are walking on eggshells when it comes to the Government and they never had it that bad in the TOS even though they worked independently from the government. At this point they are lucky they all haven been arrested, all their property including KITT seized and then having the feds throw away the keys.At least Sarah in this episode began to try to smooth things with the Feds but is obviously going to take a long time for the Government and for Knight Industries/FLAG to have any kind of working relationship and by that I don't mean a contract but an amiable relationship such as the one the TOS FLAG did have with the US government.
No, you misunderstood me. I should have made myself clear that under government control, they had protection. Now they don't. Mike is basically the lone challenger...sing it with me TOS fanatics, "One man who can make a difference."

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:28 am

KnightINSTINCT wrote:
PunkMaister wrote:No, you misunderstood me. I should have made myself clear that under government control, they had protection. Now they don't. Mike is basically the lone challenger...sing it with me TOS fanatics, "One man who can make a difference."
Not quite and if you do not believe me re-watch the earlier episodes if they were caught stealing even if was for the goverment, the government would have disavowed any knowledge and so on. And you are misunderstanding me because you fail to realize that Mike Kitt and the Team cannot operate possibly operate properly as virtual enemies of the state as they are now. The TOS FLAG was never red flagged in that fashion...

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:28 am

PunkMaister wrote:
KnightINSTINCT wrote:
PunkMaister wrote:No, you misunderstood me. I should have made myself clear that under government control, they had protection. Now they don't. Mike is basically the lone challenger...sing it with me TOS fanatics, "One man who can make a difference."
Not quite and if you do not believe me re-watch the earlier episodes if they were caught stealing even if was for the goverment, the government would have disavowed any knowledge and so on. And you are misunderstanding me because you fail to realize that Mike Kitt and the Team cannot operate possibly operate properly as virtual enemies of the state as they are now. The TOS FLAG was never red flagged in that fashion...
so FLAG may become something like a WANTED organization from the goverment? Image :kitt:

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:27 am

Knight007 wrote:so FLAG may become something like a WANTED organization from the goverment? Image :kitt:
If they do not smooth things down with the US Government yes, right now they are just one inch of being just that...

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:58 am

PunkMaister wrote:
Knight007 wrote:so FLAG may become something like a WANTED organization from the goverment? Image :kitt:
If they do not smooth things down with the US Government yes, right now they are just one inch of being just that...
will that would a very dramatic turn of events. FLAG was created to help people and help the goverment to do that. not having that would mean the whole game is changed again Image :kitt:

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:22 pm

Knight007 wrote:
PunkMaister wrote:
will that would a very dramatic turn of events. FLAG was created to help people and help the goverment to do that. not having that would mean the whole game is changed again Image :kitt:
Yes which is why they got to smooth thing with the government. Hopefully as FLAG is fully restored they will do just that, provided NBC gives this show a chance and by a chance I mean a 2nd season...