Can American Idol SAVE Knight Rider?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Can American Idol SAVE Knight Rider?

Post by MIKEMAC » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:57 pm

Alright, so after Knight Rider I watch American idol on my dvr, sorry love that show but not as much as the best show on tv. Then it occured to me, Ford is all over that show just like Knight Rider, and they have 2 shows going on at once on Wendsdays. There making big time money if you watch NBC at 7 or Fox at 7. So if Ford is smart, they will give NBC the money then need for season 2 so they can have 2 shows on at once that there sponcering(spelling?)
what do you guys and girls think?
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**
Please check out my Knight Rider site at
http://www.knightriderforever.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Re: Can American Idol SAVE Knight Rider?

Post by PunkMaister » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:06 pm

I do not understand, what does Ford have to do with American Idol? American Idol is on a different network so anyway you slice it is a competing program not one that is looking for a partnership with a rival network.
Frankly none of what you are suggesting makes much sense... :?

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:21 pm

What Im saying is Ford is making money off of American idol because they supply the commercials every week that the idol contestants make for the results show and give away cars at the end of the shows season. They make money off Knight Rider cause of Kitt being a mustang and other Ford cars in the show. So they make money on Wendsdays cause they have 2 shows with there product is being advertized. If Knight Rider is canceled, they go to 1 show advertizing there cars. Why go from 2 shows to 1? get it now?
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:33 pm

Ford is a sponsor of American Idol, I dunno how successful their product placement has been nor do I know how well Mustangs, especially the limited edition Shelby GT500GT sold. They would probably have had to sell a lot of cars to justify it and I kind of doubt it had a major impact on sales, low ratings certainly haven't helped. Then there's the issue of many people who were turned off by the show being a "hour long Ford commercial" though it wasn't as bad as the pilot with some exceptions.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:35 pm

MIKEMAC wrote:What Im saying is Ford is making money off of American idol because they supply the commercials every week that the idol contestants make for the results show and give away cars at the end of the shows season. They make money off Knight Rider cause of Kitt being a mustang and other Ford cars in the show. So they make money on Wendsdays cause they have 2 shows with there product is being advertized. If Knight Rider is canceled, they go to 1 show advertizing there cars. Why go from 2 shows to 1? get it now?
The shows do rival each other though. FORD might think if KR was cut, then all those veiwers would switch to AI. Then they would get the same amount of audience for half the advertising costs.

That's not how things work in real life, but we're talking advertising people, and they live in their own world.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:51 pm

When I saw the title of this thread I expected it to go another way...

No other channel so far has aired original first run series programing against Idol - they're all giving the night to them. However this works in KR's favor for people that don't like repeats or Idol - and they'll watch a fresh episode of KR instead.

I guess we'll see tonight if my theory is true.

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:18 pm

neps wrote:When I saw the title of this thread I expected it to go another way...

No other channel so far has aired original first run series programing against Idol - they're all giving the night to them. However this works in KR's favor for people that don't like repeats or Idol - and they'll watch a fresh episode of KR instead.

I guess we'll see tonight if my theory is true.
How were you expecting it to go lol?

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:16 pm

I thought you were meaning that American Idol is on now, drawing viewers from other shows and promoting Knight Rider up in ratings. Or, as neps suggested, no other network is giving their A-game during American Idol's time slot so people who don't like American Idol only have KR to watch. Either way.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:57 am

I dont think FOX will allow ford to show KR on their network. they must have something like that in the contract. Image :kitt: