LIve Discussion Thread - Knight Fever

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

LIve Discussion Thread - Knight Fever

Post by neps » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:23 pm

Use this topic to discuss the episode tonight. We'll also be in the chat room as well http://knightrideronline.com/chat" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for FuzzieDice's Rocking New Years Eve!
KITT MAY HAVE MET HIS MATCH WHEN HE FALLS VICTIM TO A DESTRUCTIVE COMPUTER VIRUS-- Mike (Justin Bruening) must stop the spread of a computer virus that threatens a total global meltdown. The job gets much harder when KITT (voiced by Val Kilmer) is infected. Meanwhile, Mike's jealousy begins to show when Sarah (Deanna Russo) reconnects with an old flame (guest star Jeffrey Pierce, "The Nine"), who may be the key to solving the latest mission.
http://knightrideronline.com/knight_rid ... ght_fever/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Re: LIve Discussion Thread - Knight Fever

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:00 pm

Got my VCR Set and ready to go!
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:03 pm

Sitting here at KITT and ready to get going in a couple hours. :) Actually, despite hearing that this ep might be a bit lackluster, it sounds actually quite exciting! I can't wait to see it! :)

Rocking New Year's Eve? Uh oh, Well... I'm not quite as good as Dick Clark but I'll do my best! BTW, I've made it a tradition to always watch the ball drop (Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year's Eve at Time Square) on TV every year. So yeah, I guess you can say it'll be Rockin!

And Sue has some "tasty spoiler treats" for everyone in the chats and forums tonight! So if you can make it to the party, please do! I'm sure though that she'll share the "leftovers" with everyone on New Year's Day (or at least have them ready for pickin's. ;) )

I'm in Eastern Time Zone so I'll be in chats around 8pm EST.

KRShelby
Rookie

Post by KRShelby » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:04 pm

lol @ a semi!

Mike K
Rookie

Post by Mike K » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:08 pm

you will have to tell us more - some of us cannot view it yet ;-(

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:08 pm

Okay... So a flying nanovirus that's immune to an EMP.....
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

KITT Season 4
Rookie

Post by KITT Season 4 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:20 pm

Karr lives. Torres is acting pretty weird

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:21 pm

I guess this episode might have been meant to be the first mention of KARR? Either that or they did some re-shoots. I guess there's always a possibility that it was always meant to right before the transition but I kind of doubt it.

So far not as bad as I expected though. I'll have to watch it again due to the distractions and commercials.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

_K3000_
Operative

Post by _K3000_ » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:02 pm

*shocked & amazed* :shock: this episode freakin rocked. Torese acting weird, KITT showing human traits, mentioning of KARR OMG i can't believe people said that this episode would be @&^# *?$#! Awesome episode GST and Cast And Crew :good:
"We Can Make A Difference" Help Support The Show

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:04 pm

Agreed...this is my favorite episode so far! And I loved the preview for the new eps coming next year!

Joe
Knight Rider Historian - visit my website: http://www.KnightRiderHistorians.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Co-author of Knight Rider Legacy

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:05 pm

This was probably the first truely awesome episode since Knight of the Living Dead. The FXs were nice, the story was pretty solid, not too much T&A, KI3T's really becoming his own charactor and we're Alex is starting to really creep me out. This actually felt like like it should be episode 9. And oh damn...the previews for the next few episodes....Attack KI3T with cop lights. That was cool as hell...and KARR!!!!
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:05 pm

Yeah, I'm going to have to watch it again but I dunno why they episode was pushed so far back unless they did some reshooting or something, or maybe due to the VFX work though still... No where near as bad as I expected.... This episode should have been aired (if this was its original, final form with no reshoots) in place of Knight of the Zodiac or I Wanna Rock & Roll All Knight.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:06 pm

I LOVED this ep! I don't know why they said it'd be rather lackluster. It was as good as Knight of the Living Dead! I would give it a 10 out of 10! Totally rocked!

And they do show a preview of KARR at the end! :)

I loved how KITT said he didn't want to die. That is so sad though that the humans still don't recognize his sentience. We'll see how that develops! AWESOME STUFF!

Also please come in and chat with us (link at the top) and also in the New Year's Party Thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13262" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is a great way to start off the New Year! With a fantastic KR Ep! :)

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:11 pm

I really want to know why it was held back for such a crummy time now.....

JimmyPSHayes
Operative

Post by JimmyPSHayes » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:19 pm

GREAT episode tonight. LOVED the KARR reference and the preview for next week looks KILLER!!! :good:

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:21 pm

Pretty good ep. But what's been stuck in my head was how KITT started peeling out in the desert right before they blew that powerline to crap. How is there tire squeel if it's on sand?

KARR also looks like crap for next week. Sorry, I was never into robots like that. I never watched Transformers.
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

Taichi
Rookie

Post by Taichi » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:23 pm

^ Ah... bring back memories of Dukes of Hazzard... lol!

Really great episode although I missed the first 20 minutes... gonna rewatch it... thank god for Tivo...

FASTKNIGHT
Recruit

Post by FASTKNIGHT » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:25 pm

i must admit, this episode was really good, it had heart and character,,,, looking foward to next weeks episode :good:,,,,,,,,,,,,, HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE, :kitt: :karr:
1989 Pontiac Formula 5.7

hasslethej
Volunteer

Post by hasslethej » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:33 pm

Pretty good episode, I actually thought they were going to kill the 3 off at the end there, seeing as how the reboot is next week haha

KARR reference.. pwnage

Canada didn't get next week's preview though booo =(

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:34 pm

I was just wondering now that KITT has killed a few people, how does that make him any better than KARR? And if the virus was an excuse, and they fixed him, why can't they fix KARR? Got me thinking...

As for brakes squeeling on sand, when something is between the brake pads and the drums, etc. or if there's no pad there the brakes squeel. Squeeling brakes are not the sound of rubber scraping pavement. It's metal on metal mostly. Or something going on in the brakes that is causing friction. My car's brakes squeel even in snow!

FASTKNIGHT
Recruit

Post by FASTKNIGHT » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:35 pm

hasslethej wrote:Pretty good episode, I actually thought they were going to kill the 3 off at the end there, seeing as how the reboot is next week haha

KARR reference.. pwnage

Canada didn't get next week's preview though booo =(
agreed, i thought those 3 were history :good:
1989 Pontiac Formula 5.7

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:57 pm

would of been a lame way to go out tho.
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:05 pm

FuzzieDice wrote:I was just wondering now that KITT has killed a few people, how does that make him any better than KARR? And if the virus was an excuse, and they fixed him, why can't they fix KARR? Got me thinking...

As for brakes squeeling on sand, when something is between the brake pads and the drums, etc. or if there's no pad there the brakes squeel. Squeeling brakes are not the sound of rubber scraping pavement. It's metal on metal mostly. Or something going on in the brakes that is causing friction. My car's brakes squeel even in snow!
KARR's self preservation is something hardcoded into him. The virus was basically taking control of KITT and I think screwed up his judgment but the programming was still there. I could see the reprogramming thing coming about with KARR due to Charles trying to "fix" him but then KARR still being able to over ride those changes.

Anyway, yeah they did so a lot of reshoots on this episode from what I heard, every episode has had them but this one was on the high end.. Certainly for the better, but like I said I need to watch it again because of distractions. The EMP thing still bugs me though, more than it did with Knight of the Zodiac.

Lexicon
Operative

Post by Lexicon » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:07 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:I really want to know why it was held back for such a crummy time now.....
It looks like they may have retooled the episode to slide it in after the KARR reveal in Knight Of The Living Dead.

JimmyPSHayes
Operative

Post by JimmyPSHayes » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:09 pm

I also think it was cool when Charles referenced that KITTS primary function was to "not hurt any human being". Nice throw back to the classic series!