Knight to King's Pawn: Episode 12 Officially

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight to King's Pawn: Episode 12 Officially

Post by neps » Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:36 pm

Looks like we got a wish here fulfilled officially - though weird they misspelled his name:
TIME TO FIGHT BACK—Sarah (Deanna Russo) is not coping well with her father’s death and decides to leave town. Concerned, Mike (Justin Bruening) goes looking for her and in return gets the answers he has been searching for about his past. Meanwhile, the NSA has decided to dismantle the SSC now that Dr. Graiman (Bruce Davison) is dead and they can then move forward with KITT’s nemesis KARR. With Torres’ (Yancey Arias) permission they take out KITT’s (voiced by Val Kilmer) chip that contains his personality and memories and place it in KARR (voiced by Peter Colin). Upset by what has happened, Mike, Sarah, Billy (Paul Campbell) and Zoe (Smith Cho) devise a plan to find where KITT has been taken and get him up and running and destroy the evil KARR once and for all.

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Re: Knight to King's Pawn: Episode 12 Officially

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:58 pm

It's gonna be awesome!!
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:00 pm

Man, NBC really knows how to spoil episodes with these descriptions. :lol: But it confirms certain things. Good to see that Cullen is official, unless there's some sound alike guy named Peter Colin. :shock: >_> <_<

Though how is KITT's chip, which contains her memories and personality going to make KARR work? Unless it's just once piece and KARR has a dominate AI unit/CPU with that needs it to function.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

billmcc1280
Stranger

Post by billmcc1280 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:36 pm

I am hoping they are leaving a few exciting key things out of the spoiler. I am hoping the fixing of KI3T is by installing the only other AI there is. KITT's :). Maybe even the Hoff coming in with the plan.

Call me optimistic! :good:

jimknight
Rookie

Post by jimknight » Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:18 pm

OMG this is the best xmas present ever.
Shame Dr Graiman dies though im genuinly upset about that.
Its going to be a long few weeks im thinking

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:22 pm

I KNEW IT! I told everyone it was Peter Cullen in the beginning of the video!!!!!!! I can't wait, I am glad they got him for the voice, good job NBC! This also must mean that it may in fact somehow relate to KARR from TOS!

Joe

Lexicon
Operative

Post by Lexicon » Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:13 pm

Don't go wetting yourself yet. It is probably just another bone we are being thrown to attract our attention.

Lexicon
Operative

Post by Lexicon » Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:13 pm

billmcc1280 wrote:I am hoping they are leaving a few exciting key things out of the spoiler. I am hoping the fixing of KI3T is by installing the only other AI there is. KITT's :). Maybe even the Hoff coming in with the plan.

Call me optimistic! :good:
Not happening.

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:14 pm

hers a sneek peek of kitt vs karr
http://tinyurl.com/KITTvsKARR" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:24 pm

Getting Peter Cullen onboard is a major coup for the series. I'm quite surprised that the voice of Optimus Prime in a paramount film will be contributing to a Universal TV show. I know Peter does alot of voice acting so I suspect his contract allows for this flexibility.

Excellent christmas news, can't wait to see this episode now!!!!

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

Lexicon
Operative

Post by Lexicon » Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:30 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:Man, NBC really knows how to spoil episodes with these descriptions. :lol: But it confirms certain things. Good to see that Cullen is official, unless there's some sound alike guy named Peter Colin. :shock: >_> <_<

Though how is KITT's chip, which contains her memories and personality going to make KARR work? Unless it's just once piece and KARR has a dominate AI unit/CPU with that needs it to function.
I think the synopsis is somewhat misleading. KITT is not the CPU. The CPU is the intermediary (or neural network as it is referred to on the show) between the KITT AI, the nanotech, the other technology inside the car, and the car's mechanics. KARR's hardware was damaged or partially destroyed when he was put down the first time so they need KITT's hardware and basic programming to rebuild KARR with complete functionality as KITT is based on KARR. The AI itself is a separate technological component from what I took of the lines spoken so far.

Lexicon
Operative

Post by Lexicon » Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:31 pm

CJaguar442 wrote:hers a sneek peek of kitt vs karr
http://tinyurl.com/KITTvsKARR" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You have problems. :lol:

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:38 pm

thank you merry christmas
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

Mike Knight
Rookie

Post by Mike Knight » Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:48 pm

This is what I like to hear!

I'm sad to see Charles killed off (one of the only characters I liked on the show), but it will be a much-needed piece of drama for the show, something serious, which the show also desperately needs.

Dismantling the SSC? Sweet! Hope this means no more KITTCave! Gimmie a mobile unit and a less-specialized location as a home base!

Peter Cullen returning gives me high hope that it's the 80s KARR AI being revived in some way. I really hope that the return of Cullen isn't just another bone-throwing (like naming him KARR if he isn't the same KARR).

At the very least, the episode sounds like it has the potential to be very good, very dramatic and less cheesy, which was my biggest problem with the show all along. Even if Cullen and KARR are a bust, the rest of the episode may be enough for me to forgive it.
One man can make a difference....

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:43 pm

GST finally did something right for the first time in a LONG time! :D
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:44 pm

Damn you, Torres, how could you order KI3T to be dismantled?!

Might be interesting to see KI3T-Mike vs KARR with Torres inside it....
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:04 am

Awesome news about Peter Cullen. Though, what I am wondering is that if this is not the same K.A.R.R., why would they choose to go with the original voice? (Not that I'm complaining.) I'd be pissed if I were a Transformers fan, too, since K.A.R.R. now resembles one and has Optimus Prime's voice.

:karr:
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:50 am

Indeed, this is too much of an exciting thing that will bubble the brains of all Knight nerds. I can't even fathom where they are going with this (voice) direction. Simple homage? The dreadful reason that KARR from the 80's was actually recovered and reassembled? One thing is for sure, now KARR's voice definitely will carry a better sounding personality that the bland Val Kilmer.

Oh, what did KARR have back in TOS that KITT in TOS didn't? A better voice modulator? I sense a less monotone KITT on the horizon. All haters (and myself included) shall rest assure that this is going to be a guarantee turn about.

arhskr81
Rookie

Post by arhskr81 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:42 pm

It does suck that Dr. G is going to be killed, but a lot of us thought that when we were told that justin and deanna were filming in hawi'i and KI3T was not there and sara was getting over something personal. It will intersting to see how the gang finds KI3T. I can't tell from the video but what if KARR uses KI3T's current shell, then when Zoe, Billy, Sara, and Mike go back to the shut down SCC they find another shell to use, maybe even KI2T, or the 2010 mustang shell the KI3T used to fool the Chick that Dr. G was into.

DLAspider
Rookie

Post by DLAspider » Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:31 pm

Lexicon wrote: KITT is not the CPU. The CPU is the intermediary (or neural network as it is referred to on the show) between the KITT AI, the nanotech, the other technology inside the car, and the car's mechanics.
I agree with this. There’s the part of KI3T that is the main part of his electronics and the base of all his functions, but what the episode description calls his CPU (probably used for brevity and simplicity) is his real-world experience - his personality, memories, and all he’s learned since activation. For some reason I picture the chip he swaps when rebooting after (physically and electronically)crashing in Knight of the Hunter, but maybe it’s actually the “snowglobe”. ** Correction** I just reread and the episode description does say "chip", however I stand by the rest.

DLAspider
Rookie

Post by DLAspider » Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:45 pm

BlueChaos wrote:Damn you, Torres, how could you order KI3T to be dismantled?!
It doesn't say KI3t is dismantled, the chip is just removed, the SSC (KITT cave) is what is dismantled, but that's just splitting hairs, I guess. I'm sure he would eventually dismantle KI3T for parts if he's scrapping the KI3T division and moving on to other projects..

Kittsdriver91
Volunteer

Post by Kittsdriver91 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:53 pm

I've checked out about the storyline that is going to be a great episode and that is great idea to have Peter Cullen to voice KARR again is one that really makes watch Knight Rider(2008) :D :D :D :D what is going to be bad is that not only Torres dismantle KI3T and bring in KARR I can not believe this and also Sarah who is dealing with her father's death what about Mike Knight(Traceur) what is his has to do with him? But can't wait to check it out :kitt: and what kind of surprises take shape with the series. :kitt: :D :D :kitt2:

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:37 pm

What about Mike's connection to KARR....???

Maybe the KARR machine doesnt have its own AI and needs a 'host' which is why they need Ki3ts chip or someone who has been 'neurally manipulated...'

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:37 pm

After watching Knight of the Living Dead again some interesting questions popped into my head--
1 - The whole, "KARR is not a Mustang..." that KI3T said, I think that has more to do with the fact that if you asked KI3T if he was a Mustang, he'd probably say something to the extant "I am not a Mustang, I am a self-repairing nano-shell designed for transformation."

2 - "Zoe's" statement of "The shell's expendable" makes me think that they have a backup shell ready at anytime if KI3T becomes too badly damaged for the nano-skin to manually self-repair itself. We all know that KI2T, KARR and KI3T are the actually AI placed into the shell. KI3T is the processor, the shell is just a shell to house it.

3 - KI3T's files are, as of that episode, already back-up into the back-up neuro-mainframe. Which means, if Alex has already taken "KI3T" out of the shell, and placed KI3T's knowledge in KARR, the group can use the back-up network and a back-up shell to bring KI3T back to life.
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

automatedrovingrobot
Volunteer

Post by automatedrovingrobot » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:57 pm

:karr:
In the promo 'For every hero, a nemisis' we see KITT straight after the word 'hero' appears on screen, and after the word 'nemisis' we also see a black Mustang - but if you look closely the scanner is yellow! Originally i thought it was KITT but having replayed it a good few times I am now certain it is KARR in Mustang form as the scanner is definitely not the red version on KITT.
I think we could be set for some KITT v KARR battles in Mustang form.