Which Knight Rider is best?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

The best Knight Rider?

80's Knight Rider
87%
Knight Rider 2000
2%
Knight Rider 2010
No votes
Team Knight Rider
No votes
Knight Rider 08.
11%

Total votes: 45

whet
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Which Knight Rider is best?

Post by whet » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:28 am

Well I think I know the result for this but just to confirm...

djshag69
Operative

Re: Which Knight Rider is best?

Post by djshag69 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:27 pm

not that the results would be that much diff, but this may have been better to ask after we see some of the reboot
Ice rider coming 2009

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:33 pm

This show has the potential to become so much better, but it plays like it won't. We've got a hotter car, lots of backed up mythology, a Michael Knight with almost a corrupted past caused by the government, and a more serious KITT. These ingredients are great! WHY the producers insisted on dulling it all down with stronger focus on the relationship between Sarah and Michael, and not Mike, KITT, and the overlook of FLAG doesn't make sense to me or anyone of you.

I like this question..it's been asked hundreds of times already, and the same answers have been given hundreds more on top of it. I knew we were not getting the same car from the beginning, and I was very happy with that. I was also aware that with any company or foundation, things change/get bigger. We got both of these things in the show, yet we haven't really been impressed with how they've shown it.

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:37 pm

djshag69 wrote:not that the results would be that much diff, but this may have been better to ask after we see some of the reboot
For a good New Year's resolution, how about we all see this show for what it is, reboot aside. We can help with good feedback, not with hopeful expectation.

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:28 pm

djshag69 wrote:not that the results would be that much diff, but this may have been better to ask after we see some of the reboot
Well the pole can always run agian near the end of the season.

Drifty
Rookie

Post by Drifty » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:36 pm

I'm the guilty one.
I prefer the new one for so many reasons. Its not as cheesy and is very up to date. I admit the cheesiness is part of the charm to TOS.
I like the whole terroist of the week idea since its something different for the franchise to try. Rather than just copying TOS formula of helping the little guys.
Admittedly the cast does need a trim & thankfully gets one.
I like the fact that Mike is not a loner and that there is someone in the background who he has a connection with romantically.
I do hope that it gets a second season and they keep the underlying season arc, but make it more prominent in each episode rather than the little bits here and there.
I know some of you are hardcore KR fans, but I believe that KR08 is keeping with times but they needed to address the FLAG situation sooner. That way they would've had a 50/50 ratio of the FBI & FLAG storylines.
KARR.....we'll see how that pans out but I believe it should be directly tied to TOS or in the very least indirectly just to keep the timeline in order.

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:04 pm

Drifty wrote:I'm the guilty one.
I prefer the new one for so many reasons. Its not as cheesy and is very up to date. I admit the cheesiness is part of the charm to TOS.
I like the whole terroist of the week idea since its something different for the franchise to try. Rather than just copying TOS formula of helping the little guys.
Admittedly the cast does need a trim & thankfully gets one.
I like the fact that Mike is not a loner and that there is someone in the background who he has a connection with romantically.
I do hope that it gets a second season and they keep the underlying season arc, but make it more prominent in each episode rather than the little bits here and there.
I know some of you are hardcore KR fans, but I believe that KR08 is keeping with times but they needed to address the FLAG situation sooner. That way they would've had a 50/50 ratio of the FBI & FLAG storylines.
KARR.....we'll see how that pans out but I believe it should be directly tied to TOS or in the very least indirectly just to keep the timeline in order.

It's ok afer all thats the point in the pole for people to vite and say what they want..

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:03 am

the original will always be the best for me, followed by knight rider 2000, and a distant 3rd would be kr08 if the reboot comes out good and more like the original series.
in glen larson we trust.

youbelong
Rookie

Post by youbelong » Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:14 am

the original will always be the best for me :kitt: :good:

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:22 am

I think my avatar is a pretty good hint of were I'm standing. I had very high expectations for the show right from the beginning but the backdoor pilot didn't turn out very well in my opinion. I was looking forward to see some connection to the old show, especially Kitt but all we got was a five minute scene with Hasselhoff at the funeral and that was pretty much it as far as the old show vs. new show resemblence goes.
The actual series was actually worse in terms of casting, improvements to Kitt and what not. An example of that could be the developement of Kitt's attack apperance. In the backdoor pilot it was much more serious and better looking whereas in the series it looked as if they got their ideas from cars in cereal boxes. The seriousness of the car was suddenly no longer there which rapidly toned down on my excitement. In my opinion Val Kilmer has a very (shall I say) non humurous voice. Throughout the series we've witnessed what could be a spot of humour in his voice but I would argue otherwise. For me it's kind of hard to tell when he's being humurous form when he's not.
As far as the acting goes I would be surprised if they would be nominated for any award because there's nothing unique in their body language or the way they deliver their lines. Justin Bruening does not qualify to the level of quality we get to see from Hasselhoff. You see there are some TV shows you just can't replace the lead character and Knight Rider is one of them. Hasselhoff and William Daniels made Knight Rider what it is and therefore you can't just replace them with other actors. Bottom line is GST made the new show quite distant from the old show which is why so many of us resent it. I mean just look at Karr. He's no longer an exacto copy of Kitt. He's a transformer who coincidently can transform into a Shelby GT500KR.

Although I might be a little late for recommendations but if GST is reading this I'd like to advise him in keeping it simple. You don't need to astound us with a huge monsterlike creature to represent Karr. Kitt doesn't have to have jet thrusters and everything else should really work out. Please minimize the usage of CGI and avoid using it for turbo boost sequences and what not. A sci-fi show doesn't have to be composed of CGI technology all the way through, make it appear realistic!!!
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

KnightLady
Operative

Post by KnightLady » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:10 am

For me it will always be the original. I have given the new KR a chance, but it in no way compares to the original. It is not even close. For me it was the transformations on the KR08, and the idea of KARR being a huge transforming robot just doesn't even appeal to me. :? :(

MikeBKnight
Rookie

Post by MikeBKnight » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:55 pm

For me it's the Original 1980's Series by FAR. (Well, at least for now it is anyway, unless they do some MAJOR improvements to the current show, which from what I'm reading they are). So, we shall wait and see . . . .

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:08 pm

I love the old 80's knight rider.Every time I watched that faceless shadow drive kitt through the desert it just made me feel like he was a hero who came from a dark place a place where he had to be stronger than the corrupt to get the job done.He had a weapon that could not be matched.an edge that no one else could create.It had its own certain feeling to it.

The incredible storyline didn't hurt either.Take 1 billionare dieing philanthopist trying to leave a legacy behind that would inspire people to rise against the world of criminals who operate above the law.

An indestructible supercomputer on wheels in a shiney black curvacious look.

A man who does not exist who fights the neverending fight to champion the cause of the innocent.

A molecular bonded shell that could withstand anything except a nuclear explosion.

And you drop it all in a world of ordinary people living ordniary lives its almost like a comic book lol.

I guess that's what made it fun watching it as a kid and not the releationship between Bonnie and Michael like the new series is doing between Sarah and Mike.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:30 pm

I'm stuck between TOS, and KR08.Can't...choose...
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

Showpro1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Showpro1 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:58 pm

The 80's KITT was & is superior, Gary Scott Thompson should saved himself some grief and sought Glen Larson's help on writing an intelligent script.
These guys are on their third attempt to get it right, so lets hope the 3rd time is the charm.

D.Doggett.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:41 am

I keep hoping too and I will until I see it. If they finally "get it" then great, if not then I probably won't shed a tear if the show doesn't make it to a second season. The only people I'll be bummed for is the cast because I like them and some of the crew that will be out of a job, not the powers that be.

Though yeah, it's not fair to compare which show is better yet. We have four seasons of the original series to go with, though obviously the pilot nailed it, unlike the pilot for the new series. I forgave them for that due to the strike and budget issues (another example of NBC not investing in the show like they should have) but the first nine episodes don't have the strike to use as an excuse for the failings. It's just been bad writing and a direction (and directing) that didn't work like it could have, like those involved aren't taking it seriously and delivering in the way they should with this "continuation".
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

evangeline5432
Volunteer

Post by evangeline5432 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:39 am

80's Knight Rider is the best, Knight Rider 08 is good too! :)
:kitt2:Kitt blingee
I make Knight Rider vids----> My youtube channel

Drifty
Rookie

Post by Drifty » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:51 pm

Any chance we can give KR2000, KR2010 & TKR a token vote each? Lol

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:03 pm

I grew up on TOS. Loved it as much as you guys.
So that's why I am gonna get stares for this one...

Knight Rider 2000

Let me explain...
I was like 12 or 13 when KR2000 came out.
At the time I was VERY impressed that William Daniels returned, Edward & David.
It seems to be the only one out of all the choices that took the KR universe seriously.
(Although the President Dan Quayle bit and the triglyceride free soda predictions were inadvertently funny) :)

The first draft of Knight Rider 2000 was nothing like the KR2000 we ended up seeing in 1991.
They actually rewrote it to be more serious. David Hasselhoff had a lot of input with Rob Hedden about how his character would be years later.
In fact Hasselhoff showed more range of emotion in KR 2000 than any other incarnation of KR.
T.O.S. to me was more of an action comic book.
KR2000 was more like a adult novel of the same story. It had class. It stayed true to the premise of the show. (one man or woman can make a difference.
And KR 2000 WAS very ahead for its time.
The H.U.D. display on the windshield. (Knight 4000's HUD was in color, KI3T is indiglo green)
The voice graph mounted in the center dash.
Ki3t can be a submarine and travel under water , the Knight 4000 can use his hydrofoils to speed travel across the water. ect.

So KR2000 got it right in allot of ways to me. Of course with KR2008 they seem to go back to the old rock em sock em days of TOS.
Which is great!
Except we have seen very little of what we WANT to see out of the new show.
But I believe that this reboot is gonna return us back to that spot that TOS used to fill. That fun, heroic, comic book side.
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

Kittsdriver91
Volunteer

Post by Kittsdriver91 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:02 pm

the 80's TOS is my favorite is the best one but some say cheesy is the one that I am a fan of today but I have seen the next one Knight Rider2000 which is the second favorite when it came to Knight Rider 2010 not a big favorite it did not follow the series but why the use of the Knight Rider title? :evil: :x but the Team Knight Rider I have watch the one episode not a fan but it a decent series as far as Knight Rider08 it is good so far but have a mixed feeling that some time it is good but at a some point not at it best until the reboot I will give a chance :roll: :? :) All together I like the original series then KR2000,Kr2008 are my favorites. :good: 8) :kitt:

knightdogg
Rookie

Post by knightdogg » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:33 am

The original KR is the best. Nuff said.

transam82
Rookie

Post by transam82 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:04 pm

I agree, 80's Knight Rider is the best!!!! No comparison.