Knight Rider Companion book ready for pre-order

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider Companion book ready for pre-order

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:45 pm

The new Knight Rider Companion book by Nick Nugent is available for pre-order. They expect it to ship the first week of January. I saw proofs of the book at the Saugus show over the summer and I think people will really enjoy the layout and graphics of the book.

http://www.nextgensimple.com/product.sc ... roductId=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

International orders:
http://www.nextgenprinting.com/krintorders/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

From the order page:

"To a generation, Knight Rider represents more than just a sophisticated talking car and its driver. It represents the vision of Wilton Knight and what technology can accomplish when combined together to invoke the belief that one man can make a difference.

Michael Knight and K.I.T.T. defied the odds inside a sleek, black, Trans Am that could turbo boost, drive on two wheels, repel bullets, race through treacherous terrain, and crash through any obstacle thanks to its molecular bonded shell that made the car virtually indestructible.

The Knight Rider Companion is the ultimate guide to original Knight Rider mythology. From the pilot, Knight of the Phoenix to the first made for TV. movie Knight Rider 2000, this book tells the story of this hit television classic not just through the words of its cast and crew but through hundreds of rarely seen photographs, press shots, and various other promotional materials.

With a mountain of information, this is a book you will want to add to your collection and enjoy for generations to come."
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

ANDREWHEARNE
Rookie

Re: Knight Rider Companion book ready for pre-order

Post by ANDREWHEARNE » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:21 pm

Cool :) can they ship to UK at all ? Thanks

1991firebirdkitt
Recruit

Post by 1991firebirdkitt » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:28 pm

I got my order in on Saturday, I can't wait to see the finished book.
What I saw at Saugus was great.
Thanks Nick for putting together such a great must have book for us Fans.
See you in Las Vegas!!

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:28 pm

There is a form to fill out for international orders:

http://www.nextgenprinting.com/krintorders/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

crashb648
Operative

Post by crashb648 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:32 am

Will this book by released in online stores like amazon, play.com etc? Like the knight rider legecy book did.
http://www.thetributepages.info/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Online Tribute Pages for Video Games, Movies and TV Shows. Including: Knight Rider and Knight Rider: The Game!

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:38 pm

Also worth mentioning is that due to the high quality of the book, I read that it's limited to only 2,000 copies. So the book will be gone permanently once it's sold out.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:13 pm

I just got my order in.Looking forward to getting it.

greeknight
Rookie

Post by greeknight » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:45 am

They ask 140$ for shipping to Greece!!! no book just shipping

JimmyPSHayes
Operative

Post by JimmyPSHayes » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:25 pm

I ordered it a couple days ago. It can't get here fast enough!

daroga
Rookie

Post by daroga » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:45 am

I was going to get this, and then saw the price and had to pass. But, a little bit flush with Christmas presents, I went for it. If it's truly limited to 2000 copies, this could be a neat talking piece down the road.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:25 pm

greeknight wrote:They ask 140$ for shipping to Greece!!! no book just shipping
You should have contacted Nick about it, that insane shipping price is due to the publisher's shipping choice of using UPS, not the publisher's or his fault. Now he's going to take care of international orders himself since there are significantly less expensive options out there for international shipping.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

tp_kit20
Volunteer

Post by tp_kit20 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:56 am

PHOENIXZERO wrote:
greeknight wrote:They ask 140$ for shipping to Greece!!! no book just shipping
You should have contacted Nick about it, that insane shipping price is due to the publisher's shipping choice of using UPS, not the publisher's or his fault. Now he's going to take care of international orders himself since there are significantly less expensive options out there for international shipping.
They asked for $155 to Finland, so I'm also interested in other options that might be available. How can I contact him?

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:11 am

That's a good question, I see the site isn't operational yet to where you can contact him but I have his e-mail (not sure how private he likes it but oh well) address so I'll PM it to you. You can probably contact him through YouTube as well. I'm sure there's another way too but I'm not sure how at the moment.

If you have YouTube you can directly send him a message through it as well.

http://www.youtube.com/inbox?to_users=v ... _compose=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:32 am

*Wishes that time limit to edit posts was just five minutes longer, feel free to merge this mods, if you want.*

I checked his profile here and he has contact info in there, including his Myspace page on it so I guess it's not that big a deal. I was a bit apprehensive in giving the e-mail addy and deleted my PM but I will resend it.

http://www.myspace.com/vkros" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I feel like a dirty shilling whore right now and I'm sure someone will accuse me of it. :lol: Oh well, I'm just trying to help out you guys who are ordering internationally.

tp_kit20
Volunteer

Post by tp_kit20 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:29 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:*Wishes that time limit to edit posts was just five minutes longer, feel free to merge this mods, if you want.*

I checked his profile here and he has contact info in there, including his Myspace page on it so I guess it's not that big a deal. I was a bit apprehensive in giving the e-mail addy and deleted my PM but I will resend it.

http://www.myspace.com/vkros" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I feel like a dirty shilling whore right now and I'm sure someone will accuse me of it. :lol: Oh well, I'm just trying to help out you guys who are ordering internationally.
Thanks for the info.

I checked out his Myspace page and apparently all the international orders are now cancelled and no orders or payments can be made until at least January 10th. It would appear that he updates his Myspace page with the new info for international orders when he's ready, so it probably isn't a good idea to e-mail him until then.

I hope he can work something out. $50 for the book isn't bad at all, in my opinion, but what makes things a bit interesting is the fact that, when shipping via UPS, most international customers would have to pay customs not only for the book, but also for the shipping! So it would actually be around $200 AND customs fees.

On the other hand, if he can ship it via USPS, there probably won't be any customs fees (again, the limits vary from country to country, but still), so the savings would be substantial, even if the shipping costs in the end would end up being more than expected.

Let's see what happens...

By the way, when I told a friend about this book and mentioned that it appears to be self-published, he asked if it can be signed by the author. I realized that I'm actually a little confused who the author actually is. Victor Kros? If I've understood correctly, that is an alias? For Nick Nugent? Or is that an alias as well?

And yes, I did use the search and...well, there's quite a bit of discussion about this Victor Kros fellow... After browsing through several threads and checking out that Myspace page and everything, about all I have learned is that he is a Glen A. Larson fan and tries hard to promote Larson's KR movie. I guess some mean-spirited person could check out Larson's recent filmography and suggest that he IS Mr. Larson since he surely would have the time (although probably no need, since he's an old man and almost certainly doesn't need the money) to promote his project online, but since Larson did create my favorite TV-show, I'm certainly not that person.

These might be stupid questions that have been answered elsewhere many times, but I do not know who actually is the person who wrote and did the research for the book, so....well, who is he? Or is this perhaps one can of worms that has already been opened too many times?

daroga
Rookie

Post by daroga » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:41 pm

I believe he is working, in some capacity, with Larson. And I'm fairly certain that Nick is his real name, but who knows?

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:20 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote: I feel like a dirty shilling whore right now and I'm sure someone will accuse me of it. :lol: Oh well, I'm just trying to help out you guys who are ordering internationally.
Don't say that Phoenixzero we would never think that. I was trying to find his contact info for you guys myself and only saw the myspace.
And yes, for the sake of clarification his name is Nick Nugent. I normally don't research the backgrounds of authors before I buy a book. I buy a book if it looks like something I would want to read.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:56 pm

Don't worry I was only joking. ;) From what little I've seen from just the proofs, I think it's going to be very nice. So get your orders in now because there are going to be only 2,000 copies produced in this printing before it goes back in the vault! Oh wait, that's Disney. >_> <_< :mrgreen:

*Runs away*

kitt1987
Recruit

Post by kitt1987 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:38 pm

Got my order in yesterday so I do hope the orders ship out this week...I'm kind of anxious to take a look at this thing! :)

JimmyPSHayes
Operative

Post by JimmyPSHayes » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:01 pm

I'm SUPER excited to get this. I placed my order awhile back, does anyone know when it's shipping?

daroga
Rookie

Post by daroga » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:31 pm

Per VK over on Knight Registries, all the preorders have shipped. A handful of people over there have already gotten their copies.

Can't wait! :)

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:46 pm

You know, i ordered one, and was told to pay via paypal, but I'm having problems accessing my account over there, and i can't get a hold of the seller.
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

nee716
Operative

Post by nee716 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:30 pm

I just got mine in todays mail and I AM DONE WITH IT!!! All I can say is WOW. The best investment I have ever made. AWESOME WORK to all who have put time, effort and sweat into it! If you are a KR fan you need this.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:36 am

Mine arrives Monday.nee716,what was your favorite segment of the book?

caljediknight
Recruit

Post by caljediknight » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:51 am

Just an FYI from VK
Thought fans might want to know.....

To my friends and supporters,

It has been a long and difficult road arriving to this point but I am pleased to announce that as of today, the first 51 pre-orders have been shipped out to those who paid for them. Your books will arrive in 5-10 days, depending upon your location.

22 shipped out yesterday, the remainder shipped out today and it looks like UPS is really surpassing their usual wait periods so really there is no telling how quickly people will get their books.

This marks the completion of a journey that started almost a year ago now to compile, research, format, and produce a book us Knight Rider fans can be proud of.

A vision of being one man who could make a difference, not with the aid of a billionare or with a technologically advanced car...but with a passion, a passion to capture the heart and spirit of a show that he himself watched as a kid and drew inspiration from.

I wanted to make a difference and change the landscape of Knight Rider fandom forever...not to rise above what others have started but to expand the fandom in ways it could not go before.

The Knight Rider Companion is my passion personified. It is the book that I as a fan (if I didn't write/create it) would want to see made possible. I believe through all the ups and downs, hardships, and creative differences this book will remind the world of the positive influences and excitement this cult classic gave us 27 years ago.

It's not about age, it's not about money...this book, like the show is about escapism. Escape whatever problems you might have if just for but a moment and allow the book to take you back to a time where a specialized Trans Am and his valiant driver, Michael Knight made the world a better place...a place built of fantasy but a place in need of a hero none the less.

We believed that K.I.T.T. was ahead of our time, nearly invulnerable, and could leap obstructions in a single glorious bound. We believed K.I.T.T. was more than the sum of his parts...that bullets could not harm his sleek, black body. We experienced the pain Michael Knight felt when he realized that being a "lone crusader" meant being "alone", making sacrafices that went beyond just losing his life as Michael Long.

Through each episode K.I.T.T. became less machine and more of a character...a character with a soul of silicone but a soul none the less. It was this attention to detail, this human factor captured as the series moved on that kept us glued to our TV sets.

Action, excitement, danger, heart, humor, the "wow factor" these were all central ingredients to making this show work...to stand out above the rest and make it a trend setter, not a trend follower.

For me, this is the beginning of a new and bright future and for you the opportunity to venture back into the past through a visual time machine in the palm of your hand and rediscover that childlike wonder all over again.

No batteries or upgrades required.

If you've been a fan, this book will not disappoint you. If you're just becoming a fan, this book will inspire you. I created The Knight Rider Companion to inspire generations young and old.

This book is what you choose to make of it but the fact that you desire to add it into your collection and take the time to read it makes all the difference to me and everyone who worked on this timeless show known as Knight Rider.

You will not find a more high end, self published, visual testament to this show's original mythology anywhere else. The amount of detail captured in the 630+ photos is unsurpassed by any other guide books that have come before it. I am proud to say that having received the first two copies today for my personal review, I give this book my official seal of approval.

The colors are vibrant, the text is inciteful, and the amount of content you're going to now have access to is going to blow your minds! The book has a nice weight to it (4 pounds) and the vibrant white 80# paper has an amzing feel, not to mention the gloss just makes any image jump or should I say "turbo boost" right off the page!

Thanks again for your support and your understanding. I am still working on a few other surprises that will reveal themselves next week.

To my international friends out there, I will have the international order system up and running by next week.

So as of today ALL PRE-ORDERED BOOKS HAVE BEEN SHIPPED!

For now...

The Knight Rides On to Vegas!

Enjoy!

=VK=__________________ __________________________
|===================.| ||__
| ___KNIGHT INDUSTRIES____.| ||""";\.., __
|___…_…__________________.|.|_|...|'''']==|
"|(@ )'(@ )""""""""""""""""""""**|(@ )(@ )*(@)|

Knight Rider - Motion Picture - 2010

In Glen Larson We Trust. - Proud supporter of Don Colie.
Author and Designer of The Knight Rider Companion
Proud to be part of Knight Rider Festival 2009!