Season 2 of KR08

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Season 2 of KR08

Post by GT500KR » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:43 am

most of us are probably confused about what is going on with season 1 with the reduction in episodes. I understand the week break between the holidays, most shows are doing it.

We all know episode17 is finishing up the filming.

Sue or however gets the behind the scenes. did GST or anyother KR crew saying when they would start filming the second season or are they waiting to see how the ratings are?
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

knight14
Volunteer

Re: Season 2 of KR08

Post by knight14 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:02 am

GT500KR wrote:most of us are probably confused about what is going on with season 1 with the reduction in episodes. I understand the week break between the holidays, most shows are doing it.

We all know episode17 is finishing up the filming.

Sue or however gets the behind the scenes. did GST or anyother KR crew saying when they would start filming the second season or are they waiting to see how the ratings are?
100% likely that GST and KR are going to wait to see how the ratings go after KR comes back from hiatus in January.

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by BlueChaos » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:22 am

In other words... it hangs on KARR. If the KARR episode bombs, then it'll be the end of it.
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:59 am

Cast and producers have little to do with renewals. These are network decisions made at the executive level. Oftentimes, the producers and cast are the last to know the status of their show with the trade magazines usually getting the leaked information first. There are dozens of shows where the producers claim to have not known their show was cancelled until they read it in Variety. New seasons typically begin filming in July with the premiere being in September or October.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:29 am

Keep in mind this is VERY early to be talking about a second season. The 2009 TV season won't begin for another 9 months! The crew is expecting to POSSIBLY hear something in February or March.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:43 am

Mr.Marcus wrote:Cast and producers have little to do with renewals. These are network decisions made at the executive level. Oftentimes, the producers and cast are the last to know the status of their show with the trade magazines usually getting the leaked information first. There are dozens of shows where the producers claim to have not known their show was cancelled until they read it in Variety. New seasons typically begin filming in July with the premiere being in September or October.
That's a very true statement Mr. Marcus. It is often the case that you find your show is picked up when you see it listed in the upfronts as something the network would like to sell advertising for. We were all crossing our fingers after the backdoor pilot as I recall. The funny thing is while on set I had more than one crew member ask me if the show was canceled or not and what its chances were. In one way it's nice that the decision is so far away, a turn for the better in the economy could greatly help. But over all I'd say just enjoy what we have coming up, if you like it you'll tell a friend and they will tell a friend and we will have a season two. If not, you can find out who the winner of Idol is right after this hour long commercial break.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:43 am

I for one am keeping a positive side to this and am expecting a Season 2 until further notification of anything different. 8)
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

Knight316
Operative

Post by Knight316 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:33 am

The only thing that i'm worried about is people seeing or hearing about the show that airs on Dec 31 andthinking it's the same old Knight Rider and not even bothering to watch the KARR episode. I think NBC should be advertising for the return on Jan 6 showing little glimpses of KARR to get people to tune in. Without any ad time, the ratings will likely fall flat.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:05 am

Yeah but the KARR episode isn't until episode 12 on January 21st. December 31st is an excellent time for Knight Fever to air, being that it's New Years Eve and all. Not many people will even be home to see it. Some might record it though I guess... But they just need to get the word out that the "new and improved" episodes don't start airing until January 7th. Actually, I dunno if I'd call these three the new and improved ones since they're transitional but then again they do apparently put the focus on Mike and KITT so I guess that works. NBC doesn't have much to promote so dammit they better put some effort into it.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:17 am

PHOENIXZERO wrote:Actually, I dunno if I'd call these three the new and improved ones since they're transitional but then again they do apparently put the focus on Mike and KITT so I guess that works.
If i recall from the spoilers, Dont Stop The Knight Pts 1 and 2 lead up to us figuring out the peices of the puzzle that lead to KARR and why SSC is there and all that good stuff.So those 4 episodes (10, 11, 12 & 13) will be the ones that kill off the KR/FBI connection.
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:48 am

That was a typo, I meant to say four not three. Anyway we don't really have much info on episode 13, but I think we know now that the synopsis of the episode that is on the casting sheet was probably a mistake. But we are supposedly getting some answers in that episode, probably including some fallout from the episode before it.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:38 am

NBC needs to put some major $$ into adversting, not just a voiceover with KITT sitting there for like 5 secs.
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

ElectricPhantom
Rookie

Post by ElectricPhantom » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:52 pm

GT500KR wrote:NBC needs to put some major $$ into adversting, not just a voiceover with KITT sitting there for like 5 secs.
Amen. They are losing some shows so they should be putting their hearts, souls, and pockets into the shows that they have.

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:35 pm

Season 2.lol

You ever thought about being a comedian?

See you later guys I'm going to get band for saying that.
Oh well never mind :D

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:17 pm

the ONLY thing right now is to hope the five axed episodes can get the go ahead for a beginning of a new season, and then in turn hope to get that season extended.

rhdaussiekitt
FLAG Recruit

Post by rhdaussiekitt » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:48 am

and to other countries too , we only got the pilot ep in australia..
--knightman--

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:20 pm

BlueChaos wrote:In other words... it hangs on KARR. If the KARR episode bombs, then it'll be the end of it.

It's gonna bomb anyways, KARR is not a transformer.

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:27 am

kitt34 wrote:
BlueChaos wrote:In other words... it hangs on KARR. If the KARR episode bombs, then it'll be the end of it.

Don't go saying that mate they'll put you in front of the firing squad on here for having a thought of your own :lol:

Knightfan82
Rookie

Post by Knightfan82 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:35 am

kitt34 wrote:

You assume that KARR will have a vehical to Robot function. But has it occured to anyone here that Maybe KARR will be just a ROBOT?

Just a thought.

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:53 am

Knightfan82 wrote:
kitt34 wrote:

You assume that KARR will have a vehical to Robot function. But has it occured to anyone here that Maybe KARR will be just a ROBOT?

Just a thought.
that's not just a hollow assumption though, as the graphics on the Knight Research website imply that KARR transforms from a Ford (what else) Mustang into the robot.

Knightfan82
Rookie

Post by Knightfan82 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:10 pm

[/quote]that's not just a hollow assumption though, as the graphics on the Knight Research website imply that KARR transforms from a Ford (what else) Mustang into the robot.[/quote]

I was not aware of that. I have tried the Knight Research website but require a user name and password.

Any suggestions?

djmoves
Volunteer

Post by djmoves » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:30 pm

username on knight research, devon and password bonnie or check out my you tube page to watch all the hidden videos from the site. just type knightmoves01 into search in you tube to find the vids, merry xmas peeps

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:36 pm

Kaine wrote:
that's not just a hollow assumption though, as the graphics on the Knight Research website imply that KARR transforms from a Ford (what else) Mustang into the robot.
The thing is though that it completely contradicts KITT's dialog of KARR not being a Mustang. I don't think KARR is going to have a Mustang form, or at least I hope not.

Knightfan82
Rookie

Post by Knightfan82 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:59 pm

djmoves wrote:username on knight research, devon and password bonnie or check out my you tube page to watch all the hidden videos from the site. just type knightmoves01 into search in you tube to find the vids, merry xmas peeps
Merry Christmas to you too. I checked Youtube. It seems your account is suspended. I Did try the password and username you provided, However many features includeing media are listed as restricted.

Anyone here Know why?

Knightfan82
Rookie

Post by Knightfan82 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:11 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:
Kaine wrote:
The thing is though that it completely contradicts KITT's dialog of KARR not being a Mustang. I don't think KARR is going to have a Mustang form, or at least I hope not.
From the first pics of KARR KITT displayed, I thought KARR would be able to go from two legs to four+ Wheels and that would be the limit of his transforming ability(Maybe his upper body folds down to make him appear more like a vehical). He didnt look like he could be a Mustang and ,as far as KITT knew with the data he had, KARR was not a Mustang.

Maybe KARRs CPU is installed in a Mustang/Knight3000 body later on.