The many vehicles of Knight Rider

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Arjun
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

The many vehicles of Knight Rider

Post by Arjun » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:14 pm

The most famous vehicles on Knight Rider were obviously KITT, KARR and Goliath, but there were several othe vehicular 'stars' on this show. Let's look at the many vehicles of Knight Rider, and how they fit in. We know enough about KITT, so we'll skip that. Peripheral vehicles such as Devon's Mercedes collection or the Paddington will be skipped

Slammin' Sammy's Super Stunt Car: This car was sabotaged when he attempted a dangerous stunt, leaving him injured. This could ride on one side reasonably well, but needed support. It could also cover a large distance, given a ramp. KITT could do both, without any such help.

KARR: The original prototype, before KITT. He only hated Wilton Knight, but never wished to be evil, as long as he was safe. He was unknowingly used by two thieves for pety crimes, getting KITT into trouble. The interesting part was that he looked exactly like KITT.

The Prince Brothers' Dodge Charger: Doesn't quite fit the rules, except that it's a parody of the General Lee from the Dukes of Hazzard.

The Foundation Semi: It got its first major starring role in Knight Moves, then was used again later in Season Three, then a few times in Season Four, once without the trailer. Very much the backbone of all FLAG operations.

Goliath: The big, bad, overpowered truck driven by Garthe Knight. This could rip apart and crush (or even blow away with missiles) anything in its path, and even had one weakness ironed out, but it still lacked manouverability.

The yellow hot rod car in Custom KITT:This had a starring role, but hardly showed its power on the road.

Kelly Travis' motorcycle: This machine helped a then-crippled rider move around and be himself, and even helped him win a race, battling against a severe injury and competition who wouldn't give an inch.

The Halston Drones: One could mistake these to be more Knight vehicles, except that they were remote-controlled with Halston's voice relayed. A few may even consider this to be an inspiration for...guess what?

Dagger D/X: This car was so fast and powerful, it was illegal to drive!

Counter-KARR: KARR returns, with a new look. This time, he's evil, conniving and wicked. Moreover, he doesn't even talk with KITT, but with Michael. Rather than protect himself as the normal KARR would, he got involved in a challenge that would blow him to bits.

The 'smasher' form Custom-made Killer: All this did is run some cars off the road, then mysteriously change colour.

The Ferret: An attack drone with high attack power and remote-controlled, but highly dangerous when out of control.

The 'tomato-on-wheels': Just for show. That was KITT with a different suit.

The hovercraft: This could cover land and water, but not strong enough to fend off KITT.

Thomas Flyer: This near-perfect race car met with a fatal accident, but soon restored itself to racing glory.

RC's dirt bike: This was supposed to be a joke, but it did its job very well. The ugly duckling of the wheels.

The Baja racer: One of the fastest off-roaders in the West, this was also involved in a cross-border conspiracy.

Comments? If any of you think there are some other vehicles worth adding, please mention. Don't mention helicopters– they had hardly anything to do.

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:05 pm

How about the white VW bug from "Blind Spot" - it can be spotted in the background of nearly EVERY scene in the episode!

Joe

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:36 pm

Yeah that bug was really strange being in every scene. The one with the purple stripe on it.
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

J-Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by J-Knight » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:01 pm

I have made blooper shots for that VW bug :

Devon-"Shall we drink to the start of.."
Michael-"Of what?"
Devon-"One mans Dream"

Nismogtr21
Recruit

Post by Nismogtr21 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:12 pm

How about the 240Z that was used alot for the supporting actor, usually the female. It was used in many episodes.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:14 pm

Knight & Knerd's scooter?

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:22 pm

Nismogtr21 wrote:How about the 240Z that was used alot for the supporting actor, usually the female. It was used in many episodes.
Mazda RX-7 was used many times, for example Cara Caulfield in Knightmares, the owner of the videogame company escaped driving RX-7 in Nobody Does It Better, etc.
There was also many times a beige 3-door Mazda 323 (GLC) hatchback in the background traffic throughout the series run. I used to have '82 323 hatchback myself so maybe that's why I noticed it :)

-KITTfan-

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:12 am

must be stalking him
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

Daemonicus666
Operative

Post by Daemonicus666 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:15 am

I thought I was the only one on Earth who kept spotting the VW in the episode lol
"I have special effects of my own. Im going to make you disappear for 20 years man..." - Michael Knight (Halloween Knight)

andy-kitt
FLAG Assistant

Post by andy-kitt » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:29 pm

Don't forget Devons rides either, he seamed to love Merecedes convertibles with the red SL being the most used and even having its tail lamps broken when Devon got pulled over in it.

BoMcD
Operative

Post by BoMcD » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:56 pm

also look for a Red 2nd Gen Camaro that is in at least 6 episodes....

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:34 pm

I'm with Michael Pajaro - that Knerd Scooter was something else - especially in the end. :lol:

Arjun
Operative

Post by Arjun » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:40 pm

The VW Beetle from Blind Spot– That was one awful episode, so I always skipped it, but someone's trying really hard to make a star out of a mere prop!

Knerd– It got that 'Knerdy' look at the end, but we saw a lot of it. An unusual thing about its scanner sound was that it was heard even in Knightlines, on KITT, when the scanner lights moved faster! Did someone notice that?

black knight2000
Operative

Post by black knight2000 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:58 am

what 74 mustang red with the black hood ? seeing about 4 esp along with the vw
allways loved knight rider

KARR77
Recruit

Post by KARR77 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:35 am

hey when did herbie show up in KR..no wait, that's just a herbie that's been neutered.
"if i die i'll take you with me" me

Jay_n1
Operative

Post by Jay_n1 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:34 am

Yea I thought it was Herbie in that episode. I once asked m y mom if it was..

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:47 pm

How about the battering ram The Juggernaut (which is even worse than goliath), which destroyed K.I.T.T. and nearly killed michael.

AtariKnight
Operative

Post by AtariKnight » Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:35 am

What about the Monster trucks from the 'Rotten Apples' episode?

Though why you would use a monster truck To rustle cattle, Is beyond me?

K2000kid
Operative

Post by K2000kid » Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:42 pm

kinda off topic but bruce campbell (army of darkness) often costars with a Yellow and white 1977 Oldsmobile

kind of an in joke i think
Theres no reason for increased volume, I'm scanning your interogitives quite satisfactorilly.

nice plate
Recruit

pennington

Post by nice plate » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:16 am

How about in that ep where Devon borrows the big car and the woman 'accidentally' bumps into the back? I forget what the car is called in the ep but in real life I think its an Auburn 351 Speedster.
Lewis.

nice plate
Recruit

pennington

Post by nice plate » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:17 am

How about in that ep where Devon borrows the big car and the woman 'accidentally' bumps into the back? I forget what the car is called in the ep but in real life I think its an Auburn 351 Speedster.
Lewis.

Pierre
FLAG Recruit

Post by Pierre » Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:45 pm

benigton ascot regency

nice plate
Recruit

Post by nice plate » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:11 am

thanks mate :D

knightjp
Rookie

Re: The many vehicles of Knight Rider

Post by knightjp » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:20 am

Any ideas of what the car used in Custom Made Killer was???

That happens to be one of my fav episodes back in the day. I remember watching it as a kid and then recently they started showing the original Knight Rider series again... and they showed that one.
Boy did it bring back memories...

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Re: The many vehicles of Knight Rider

Post by KITTfan » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:17 am