Knight Rider on Blu-Ray?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

nee716
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Knight Rider on Blu-Ray?

Post by nee716 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:52 pm

Lost Knight wrote:I am planning on picking up a 52-inch or possibly even 57-inch in the near future, and I also was one who did not notice such a major difference in terms of picture quality, but that could have been due to the size of the screen as others have pointed out. I do, however, notice a difference in movement with the 60 and 120MHz technologies.

The only question for me is if buying some of the more older films such as Terminator 2: Judgement Day or GoodFellas would be worth it on Blu-Ray. The thought of replacing my entire DVD collection with Blu-Ray is nauseating and overwhelming to say the least. At this point, I think I'll just focus on some of the newer films like The Dark Knight, Transformers, 300, and other blockbusters to get the most bang for my buck.
I just got a Blu-Ray Player for XMAS. My girl got me The Dark Knight and T2. I also have those movies on DVD. I compared my DVD player with the Blu-Ray. let me just say TOTAL DIFFERENCE esepecially with...............T2. The Dark Knight was shot digitally. T2 was using state of the art movie tech for 17yrs ago. I did side by side comparison the T2 Blu-Ray surpasses the DVD. You do get your occasional snow/noise on the screen but as I said b4 the movie is 17 yrs old. The Dark Knight looks :shock: thats all I can say LOL I do not plan on replacing my entire collection of DVD's with their Blu-Ray counter part. But at least now moving forward I can figure out what I want on Blu and what I want on DVD.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:50 am

nee716 wrote:I just got a Blu-Ray Player for XMAS. My girl got me The Dark Knight and T2. I also have those movies on DVD. I compared my DVD player with the Blu-Ray. let me just say TOTAL DIFFERENCE esepecially with...............T2. The Dark Knight was shot digitally. T2 was using state of the art movie tech for 17yrs ago. I did side by side comparison the T2 Blu-Ray surpasses the DVD. You do get your occasional snow/noise on the screen but as I said b4 the movie is 17 yrs old. The Dark Knight looks :shock: thats all I can say LOL I do not plan on replacing my entire collection of DVD's with their Blu-Ray counter part. But at least now moving forward I can figure out what I want on Blu and what I want on DVD.
Cool, thanks for the info. I hate to be the one to burst the bubble about Terminator 2, but I heard that the Blu-Ray version got the shaft for the lack of bonus features and occasional snow. But if you did side-by-side comparisons, I'm sure the Blu-Ray version is superior especially with the sound. It's just a shame that the extra 17 minutes of footage that was included on the "Extreme DVD" version with the aluminum case wasn't also included for Blu-Ray.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:35 am

There's a lot more stuff about Blu-Ray then I thought... :shock:
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:20 am

nee716 wrote:
Lost Knight wrote:I am planning on picking up a 52-inch or possibly even 57-inch in the near future, and I also was one who did not notice such a major difference in terms of picture quality, but that could have been due to the size of the screen as others have pointed out. I do, however, notice a difference in movement with the 60 and 120MHz technologies.

The only question for me is if buying some of the more older films such as Terminator 2: Judgement Day or GoodFellas would be worth it on Blu-Ray. The thought of replacing my entire DVD collection with Blu-Ray is nauseating and overwhelming to say the least. At this point, I think I'll just focus on some of the newer films like The Dark Knight, Transformers, 300, and other blockbusters to get the most bang for my buck.
I just got a Blu-Ray Player for XMAS. My girl got me The Dark Knight and T2. I also have those movies on DVD. I compared my DVD player with the Blu-Ray. let me just say TOTAL DIFFERENCE esepecially with...............T2. The Dark Knight was shot digitally. T2 was using state of the art movie tech for 17yrs ago. I did side by side comparison the T2 Blu-Ray surpasses the DVD. You do get your occasional snow/noise on the screen but as I said b4 the movie is 17 yrs old. The Dark Knight looks :shock: thats all I can say LOL I do not plan on replacing my entire collection of DVD's with their Blu-Ray counter part. But at least now moving forward I can figure out what I want on Blu and what I want on DVD.
Actually, TDK's IMAX scenes were only digital. The majority of the film was shot in cinemascope! There were a total of 5 IMAX sequences throughout the movie. Christopher Nolan, director, likes to do things old school and use practical special effects instead of CGI although at times he does mix both of them.

There have been plenty of blockbuster films shown in IMAX theaters but they were digitally adapted for the format which isn't the same as being natively shot.

T2 has been released so many times on DVD that I won't be getting it on BR anytime soon. I think it's an overrated movie anyway. I actually enjoyed T3 more (has more of a balance of drama and action instead of just drama that drags the film out and turns it into a bore like in T2) even though it gets a major slagging off from people.

I watched T1 the other night and still think that's the best. It's still quite a scary sci-fi horror flick.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:41 am

I'm pretty sure it was entirely shot on film and IMO that's the way it should be until digital can not only match what 35mm can take in but exceed it at a similar cost, they're probably getting there now though the price issue is still there I'm sure, I haven't looked at it much in a good while. I know the IMAX shots used 70mm film which requires a huge/heavy/noisy camera and apparently a huge pain in the ass from the "making of" teasers they had out hyping the movie.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Lexicon
Operative

Post by Lexicon » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:01 pm

For the record, NONE of The Dark Knight was shot digitally. Wally Pfister (DP of both recent Batman films and Nolan's DP of choice for the time being) and Chris Nolan are film junkies. Neither one of them really likes shooting digital, at least not what is currently available anyway.