Speaking of Original Mythology...

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Speaking of Original Mythology...

Post by JJSoCrazy » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:18 pm

I was reading on imdb.com and it was an article about GST when he was first on Knight Rider and he stated something that we are all familiar with but I wanted to show and instate this and that I hope he is going to give us the proper "original mythology" in this series. I hope this indicates that we are getting the proper continuation and explanation:

New Knight Rider showrunner Gary Scott Thompson has revealed that he analysed the original 1980s series to find inspiration for the re-imagined version. The former Las Vegas executive producer, who was brought on board following last year's two-hour pilot, told Sci Fi wire: "I came in and wanted to revamp. I went back and watched the original series, the first season, and asked, 'What's the mythology? Where are we going, and how do we create this 25 years later?' It's (more)

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni0521882/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In regarding to original mythology I would like to make a list of things that I really am counting on to be addressed because it isn't fair that we are sitting here wondering what the hell happened in the last 25 years. Please collaborate and add!

I realize some of the following MAY BE answered in episode 13 or other episodes supposedly, but I really hope that it gives us Original Series Fans happy. I also understand I have asked some of these TOS questions to GST on Knight Writers and he said they will all be addressed (I was sooo happy he answered me on that) but I REALLY WISH for him to cover these following questions:

1- Where is the original KITT and what happened after the scene in the Garage, why was he in pieces and not stored somewhere else?
2- How did FLAG end and what is going on with it and why didn't they RESURRECT the Foundation like Graiman said he was supposed to in the Pilot?
3- What happened with Michael Knight and why did he leave if he did?
4- Bonnie, RC3, Devon? Where are they, is Devon officially dead, etc?
5- What actually is going on with the Mansion from Pasadena CA, the Semi, and all electronics and technology that kept KITT running.
6- What is going on with the Knight Museum?

BTW is Knight Writer the only way to get in touch with GST because I really wish for these to be answered and approached in the series. I am actually sitting right now watching some of TOS episodes and I get more upset that there is all this going on and I feel like this new series just ignores it and call it a continuation. The Pilot did a MUCH BETTER job at giving some TOS feel to it!

Joe

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Re: Speaking of Original Mythology...

Post by knightprobe89 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:33 am

New 'Knight Rider' boss promises revamp

Monday, August 4 2008, 15:32 BST

By Ben Rawson-Jones, Cult Editor

New Knight Rider showrunner Gary Scott Thompson has revealed that he analysed the original 1980s series to find inspiration for the re-imagined version.

The former Las Vegas executive producer, who was brought on board following last year's two-hour pilot, told Sci Fi wire: "I came in and wanted to revamp. I went back and watched the original series, the first season, and asked, 'What's the mythology? Where are we going, and how do we create this 25 years later?' It's been all about taking the concept to the next level."

However, Thompson added that it was important not to be too closely inspired by the Knight Rider legacy, saying: "We realise it is an iconic show and that [David] Hasselhoff is an iconic person, but we couldn't redo the same thing over again.

"I don't think the other half of the audience would stand for it. And there's a whole new generation who has never seen it." ------ i guess this article answers everything, its all garys fault that the show is failing because he wanted to do things his way.
in glen larson we trust.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:05 am

GST should follow the original mythology! He can't throw it away like that! :x Especially KARR!
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:36 am

i guess gary finally realized that they needed to stick with the original mythology because of the low ratings, thats why they went with the reboot! we shall see.
in glen larson we trust.