Noticed on EBS Photo

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Stargazer
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Noticed on EBS Photo

Post by Stargazer » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:58 pm

Ok... everyone knows that the top EBS flap is suppose to look like part of the T-Tops, however it is painted red on the bottom and I assume black on the top - hence, the flap is metal.
I ran across this picture and you notice that the upper right corner of this flap - there is a car / van or something with the roof and driver side showing.... if you look closely, you can see the rest of the vehicle thru the flap.
I never knew or thought that the top flap was glass on the SPM car(s).

ShadowRider
Recruit

Re: Noticed on EBS Photo

Post by ShadowRider » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:07 am

And did you notice when the left rear fender EBS-flap open, so does half the gas tank lid....lol

And while the roof flap is open, is it like an open hatch or a thin layer of the roof (T-Tops)?

Why did they have to paint the insides of those flaps red... :roll: Why not just black. Would look cooler 8)

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:58 am

When I was a kid watching knight rider that kitt had so many pieces for moving around like the convertible mode,the ebs flaps cutting off the cas cap,and the t-tops.Kitt's grappling hook firing out from the rear lisghts in Give Me Liberty Or Give Me Death,super pursuit modesrear rockets.I thought that car had so much money invested in it.About 10 years ago I learned that they had several cars for each stunt.

I wish I knew if those cars really were destroyed or sold.Some say they found certain numbers matching to the original cars.

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:07 am

One or two have been verified against production documents, but there are more cars out there claiming to be original screen-used Knight Rider K.I.T.T.s than there were used in the production of the series!
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:11 am

Stargazer wrote:Ok... everyone knows that the top EBS flap is suppose to look like part of the T-Tops, however it is painted red on the bottom and I assume black on the top - hence, the flap is metal.

I ran across this picture and you notice that the upper right corner of this flap - there is a car / van or something with the roof and driver side showing.... if you look closely, you can see the rest of the vehicle thru the flap.
I never knew or thought that the top flap was glass on the SPM car(s).
I see what you're saying. From the back end, it looks to be a flat piece painted red on the inside that's nontransparent. From the front end, though, it looks transparent. Those EBS flaps are actually the only fully functional fins on the Super Pursuit Mode car used for filming, so it's not even like maybe one stunt car had a transparent flap and another one didn't. Weird.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:45 am

ShadowRider wrote:And did you notice when the left rear fender EBS-flap open, so does half the gas tank lid....lol

And while the roof flap is open, is it like an open hatch or a thin layer of the roof (T-Tops)?

Why did they have to paint the insides of those flaps red... :roll: Why not just black. Would look cooler 8)
I always assumed it was because red means stop, maybe a warning to drivers that were some how behind him after going 300MPH? :lol:
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:11 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:
I always assumed it was because red means stop, maybe a warning to drivers that were some how behind him after going 300MPH? :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:22 am

PHOENIXZERO wrote:
ShadowRider wrote:Why did they have to paint the insides of those flaps red... :roll: Why not just black. Would look cooler 8)
That is what I would say, as well. The notion that this vehicle traveling at a high rate of speed and trying to come to a stop on a dime deserves a lot of eye catching red to be alerted by.

Besides, those flashy night time lighting wouldn't stand out as well if the inside flaps were colored black. I think only one episode ever had the impressive night time SPM/EMB sequence in it. At one time, I had a gif file. But, it seems to be unavailable, now.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:57 am

jup wrote:
Besides, those flashy night time lighting wouldn't stand out as well if the inside flaps were colored black. I think only one episode ever had the impressive night time SPM/EMB sequence in it. At one time, I had a gif file. But, it seems to be unavailable, now.
I believe two epidsodes had the SPM at night in them but I can only remember this one at the minute - Knight Behind Bars.

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:03 am

Deadly Knightshade was the other one. MIchael and RC were using it when they were heading to the warehouse to prevent Tempelton and Dr. Browning from drowning Devon in the tank of water.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:10 pm

Unfortunately both episodes used the same footage. "Deadly Knightshade" uses "Knight Behind Bars'" scene.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4: