Cars better than KITT...

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Re: Cars better than KITT...

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:57 pm

Don't get ME started. ROTFLMAO!!! Before KR I was a HUGE SATB fan, and still am. I have all 3 movies on VHS thanks to a friend of mine (not recorded from TV, the actual licensed VHS movies - legit). I also have a metal body Revell kit of Trigger (the first version) that I did and if I may say so myself, it DID come out great!

As for KITT vs. Trigger - uh.... I don't even want to talk about it. :-P

Personally I liked the 1st Trigger better than the later two.

Stylez
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Stylez » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:57 pm

ryytel wrote:I'm pretty sure if you put Koenigsegg CCX and KITT on a drag strip to race no doupt that the koenigsegg will win:D
I agree, a CCX vs a Trans Am...but vs KITT? No freakin' way dude! Do we need to break out the KR universe stats on KITT vs a Koenigsegg CCX? lol

ryytel
Operative

Post by ryytel » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:48 am

well then goliath would run him off the road
Knight Rider "Trust Doesnt Rust"

K.A.R.R. : Do you wish to drive, or shall I.

Tony : Go ahead.

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:38 pm

msKEN wrote:
The car used in the film was a late model 70 Trans Am which in real life would beat kit in a race because atleast one of them was suped up and had nitrous for the highspeed scenes.
I would think the crew at Knight Rider had at least one modified 82 TA with an aftermarket motor, fuel cell and many other modifications? I'm pretty sure I have read and seen pictures of a high horsepower version of kitt that was used for a lot of chase scenes and high speed scenes were they just didn't speed up the camera. I think you may be forgetting Pontiac quit putting power in Trans Am's from 1975-1986. Lets not also forget the 77 was longer and about 1000 pounds heavier then the 3rd gen! :D
On one of the DVD features Jack Gill says that he had one Kitt car fitted with nitrous for quick take off scenes (I think that's what he said they used it for).

No one's mentioned the Viper yet. :)

Showpro1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Showpro1 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:24 am

Both are Trans Ams however KITT has the high tech make over & is a later model so it would be tougher as well as faster.
As to the bird on the hood, I like the cleaner look of KITT.
So much in this world is a matter of taste & preference, so my feeling is I wouldnt turn down a chance to own
either one.
Oh hold on a minute I do own one (KITT).
D. Doggett. :dash: :kittspin: :kittconv2: Time to button-up.