Maybe that wasnt KITT in pieces

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

DrWho2005
Operative

Maybe that wasnt KITT in pieces

Post by DrWho2005 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:19 pm

There is no real reason to believe realKITT was in pieces in Gramains garage.
The guy built the original, maybe they were just spare parts :-)

GN_WS6
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Maybe that wasnt KITT in pieces

Post by GN_WS6 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:23 pm

An entire shell with the steering wheel, wheels, rear bumper and license plate was a copy? Um, ok.. Which brings me to another point. Wasn't KITT supposed to be completely parted out according to KR2K?
The real KITT was born a Trans Am.

DrWho2005
Operative

Post by DrWho2005 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:53 pm

GN_WS6 wrote:An entire shell with the steering wheel, wheels, rear bumper and license plate was a copy? Um, ok.. Which brings me to another point. Wasn't KITT supposed to be completely parted out according to KR2K?
Charles was going to build another KITT.
For some reason the project was aborted and they are just the left overs.

And as for KR2000..
obviously thats been wiped from this canon

Apollo
Volunteer

Post by Apollo » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:56 pm

It was definitely Kitt in the garage. It was already confirmed.

DrWho2005
Operative

Post by DrWho2005 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:01 pm

Apollo wrote:It was definitely Kitt in the garage. It was already confirmed.
It wasn't confirmed in the story, and thats the only place that counts

Apollo
Volunteer

Post by Apollo » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:07 pm

DrWho2005 wrote:
Apollo wrote:It was definitely Kitt in the garage. It was already confirmed.
It wasn't confirmed in the story, and thats the only place that counts
But it was there. I noticed it straight away and thought it was cool that they did that homage in a subtle way

KamenRider
Recruit

Post by KamenRider » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:16 pm

If nothing else, the implication is that it was the original Trans-Am body.

I think the real question dramatically is, where is the original KITT CPU?

OR..is Y2KITT a regeneration of the same CPU that actually has all of KITT's memories stored?

DrWho2005
Operative

Post by DrWho2005 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:18 pm

KamenRider wrote:If nothing else, the implication is that it was the original Trans-Am body.

I think the real question dramatically is, where is the original KITT CPU?

OR..is Y2KITT a regeneration of the same CPU that actually has all of KITT's memories stored?

How was it implied that it was KITT, the real KITT? Hell, it might of been KARR.

BrowncoatKal
Volunteer

Post by BrowncoatKal » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:23 pm

DrWho2005 wrote: Charles was going to build another KITT.
For some reason the project was aborted and they are just the left overs.
He didi build another K.I.T.T.. That's what last night movie was about.

prairiecrow
Volunteer

Post by prairiecrow » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:29 pm

Hello, first time poster here... :D

We know that Charles was working on the Prometheus project. Personally, I like to think that while the automotive hardware of the original KITT was sitting in his garage, the computer hardware -- and KITT's program -- might have been "traded up" to BE Prometheus. After all, didn't they say somewhere in the original series that KITT's program was originally created for the government?

EDITED TO ADD: I tracked down the reference...

"KITT's main cybernetic processor was first installed in a mainframe computer used by the United States government in Washington D.C..[1] However, Wilton saw better use for "him" in the Foundation's crime-fighting crusade and eventually the system was installed in the vehicle."

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KITT ... apparently it was mentioned in "Goliath Returns".

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:58 pm

I saw the screencapture at the Foundation of the garage scene, am I too crazy into modelcars or does it looks to anyone else like ERTL 1:18 KITT model? The windshield is partially visible and it seems to have thick black edge just like the model have and other visible parts remindes me of the model too instead of real 1:1 Trans-Am, for instance the curve of the hood.
Could be of course just the dark garage with reflections and shadows making it look that way.

superman3010
Volunteer

Post by superman3010 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:05 pm

well to start with let me say this first of all that was the first kitt in peices and also if you will go back and re watch the movie on nbc.com you will see there was 2 trans ams in there not just one noo it was not spare parts laying around why would there be? if you all will go back and read more about this movie you will also find out that this movie had NOTHING to do with the knight rider 2000 movie if that was the case and it did have anything to do with kr 2000 why was there a black trans am and not that red peice of junk that was in kr 2000 so in turn this means it had nothing to do with that movie

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:34 pm

The parts laying around weren't necessarily the original KITT, it could have just been either spare parts or parts that were removed or changed, the steering wheel having the "Knight Two-Thousand" label on it was only used in the pilot I think. According to the guy who loaned them the parts, they told him it didn't matter. Either because they didn't care or because it wasn't supposed to implicate that it was the original KITT>
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:19 pm

Graiman did work for the Pentigon, so it kinda might have been possible that the original KITT came online in Washington DC, since maybe Graiman was working there even back then?

DrWho2005
Operative

Post by DrWho2005 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:27 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:The parts laying around weren't necessarily the original KITT, it could have just been either spare parts or parts that were removed or changed, the steering wheel having the "Knight Two-Thousand" label on it was only used in the pilot I think. According to the guy who loaned them the parts, they told him it didn't matter. Either because they didn't care or because it wasn't supposed to implicate that it was the original KITT>
Good to see someone agrees :-)

It could also be KARR.

I just cant accept that it would be realKITT.

And as i said before, if it isnt in the story, then it doesnt count.
It doesnt matter what some writer says in an interview or blog.

optimus
Volunteer

Post by optimus » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:58 pm

That car with the TPI was just a "whatever" to make you speculate. Yes, we all hope it was KITT or a 2000 Transam. The original KITT had the crossfire fuel injection with a turbine. Yes, he could have been changed over to TPI when destroyed but who knows. All that matters is that he doesn't have his molecular shell anymore and the show went with nano instead.

I'm just hoping this new KITT is hit with a high-voltage shock to destroy the nano and computer and the wizard re-assembles either the old KITT or a 2000 Transam. I mean, the original formula developed by three scientists was put in secret storage, how else would they put the shell back on after Goliath? Then after he was totalled, all connections to the foundation and hard drive weren't available til after they defeated those criminals, jagernaut.

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:10 pm

Like most other people here, I firmly believe that those parts are just spares from when Graiman worked on developing the original KITT.

I think Graiman was only responsible for KITT's AI. He said he built KITT for Wilton Knight, not the Knight 2000. From what I have seen from past threads on this forum, KITT is the AI/CPU and the Knight 2000 is the car. Graiman was probably at the Pentagon when he brought the first KITT online (thus explaining why he first came online in Washington, D.C.). Then, logically, Wilton had a team of the three scientists (forget their names) create the Knight 2000 car to house Graiman's advanced AI and voila, you get the original KITT. It's only speculation, but it answers a lot of questions.

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:20 pm

I do agree it did look like a model car, however I am also an avid car model builder
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:01 pm

GN_WS6 wrote:An entire shell with the steering wheel, wheels, rear bumper and license plate was a copy? Um, ok.. Which brings me to another point. Wasn't KITT supposed to be completely parted out according to KR2K?
A lot of people are saying that the telepic completely ignores Knight Rider 2000 and is even in a separate universe where it never existed. Although the movie completely ignored any references to KR2K (not surprisingly), I am still going to maintain that KR2K still exists in this universe.

To address your question, yes, K.I.T.T. was dismantled in KR2K, but that was set in the year 2000. If I had to come up with an explanation, Charles Graiman acquired a normal Trans Am and incorporated K.I.T.T.'s dashboard and remaining circuitry into it (that wasn't sold off by Russ Maddock), à la Doc Brown building a time machine into a normal DeLorean. The purpose of which to bring classic K.I.T.T. back to life, just the way he once was. As for the Knight 4000, I'd say the entire Knight Foundation lost funding (Wilton's money can't last forever), and the Knight 4000 had to be dismantled just like the Knight 2000 did. (Remember, Graiman says, "I'm resurrecting the Foundation.")

I'd say that unfortunately rebuilding the Knight 2000 didn't work out, because even with all of his money, Graiman still wasn't able to acquire all of the original K.I.T.T.'s missing components (all of which would now be obsolete), hence why he was sitting in a garage and being worked on. Yes, there appeared to be an intact Trans Am(s) in the garage, but that doesn't mean classic K.I.T.T. was fully functional or even activated at all. Since it became impractical to resurrect classic K.I.T.T. (at least for the time being), Graiman began a new project and started construction on the Knight 3000, possibly using whatever parts that were still good from classic K.I.T.T.'s circuitry. This of course all occurred over the course of 8 years following the events of KR2K.
Last edited by Lost Knight on Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Drake
Operative

Post by Drake » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:09 pm

I thought they came out and said they were ignoring TKR and KR2000.
The Kenner Knight 2000 Voice Car. One toy can make a difference.........

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:18 pm

DrWho2005 wrote: Good to see someone agrees :-)

It could also be KARR.

I just cant accept that it would be realKITT.

And as i said before, if it isnt in the story, then it doesnt count.
It doesnt matter what some writer says in an interview or blog.

Except that KARR was smashed/blown up into a million (obvious exaggeration) pieces at the end of KITT vs KARR. The only thing that was pretty much left was his CPU. There's really no reason for Charles to try and install that CPU into another car.

I really need to watch Golitah and Goliath returns again, it's been awhile. I'm not sure how the KITT CPU being designed for the government actually works since there was never any indication of that before hand, not to mention KARR was created first and KITT was the product of the research that went into KARR but with the obvious tweaks and fixes.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Mango19
Rookie

Post by Mango19 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:30 pm

Remember, guys, the car just carries the computer around. For all we know, KITT's cpu is very much intact and is running Knight Industries.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:20 pm

Drake wrote:I thought they came out and said they were ignoring TKR and KR2000.
Yes, this is true. Our interview with David Bartis and David Andron said this.

nightwheel
Volunteer

Post by nightwheel » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:29 pm

It would make sense to have spare parts. They have had to rebulid the old KITT before. Remember the episode where KITT got pushed in the toxic waste dump. And when they got KITT out everything excpet KITT's body was gone. They had to rebuild him then. So I don't see why not that there would be spare parts just in case they were needed. And as for old KITT's old CPU. It could either still be in the old KITT. Or is Part of the new KITT.

Niggle Snoosh
Operative

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:45 pm

I don't think that was KITT, cpu, shells or otherwise, simply spare parts and works in progress that came before KI3T.

However it seems to me that this could be a clever ploy to see the reaction from KR fans and then judge from reaction how to deal with the KITT situation and write him in or at least a backstory of what happened to him.

That could argueably be why there has been no real substantial reference to him in the pilot to a) create a desire to watch the (new series if picked up) to find out and b) make it easier to write something in that doesn't contradict itself
Michael: "Devon, someone tried to kill me last night!"
Devon: "I have an alibi"