POLL: Grade the pilot

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

What did you think of the pilot?

I loved it!
22%
I enjoyed it, but could have been better.
27%
It was okay, but had a lot of problems.
7%
I didn't like it at all.
4%
I didn't watch it.
0%
Make it into a series with minimal changes.
25%
Make it into a series, but with major changes.
11%
Don't make it into a series.
4%

Total votes: 299

AzBat360
Recruit

POLL: Grade the pilot

Post by AzBat360 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:01 am

I'm suprised nobody tried creating this by now. The poll should be self-explanatory.

AzBat360
Last edited by AzBat360 on Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

goldbug
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: POLL: Grade the pilot

Post by goldbug » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:04 am

"I enjoyed it, but could have been better." was my choice. I really did have fun with it, and I liked it much more than previous KR revivals. However, there are a lot of things they can improve upon - which is a good thing, offering potential to a hypothetical series.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

AzBat360
Recruit

Post by AzBat360 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:04 am

I loved it and hopes it makes it to a series. If you didn't already figure it out you can give 2 votes, one for how you liked the show and one for whether it should be made into a series.

AzBat360

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:06 am

This almost needs to be two polls, cause I wanted to vote for two. The rating of the episode and then whether to make it into a series.

AzBat360
Recruit

Post by AzBat360 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:06 am

I updated the poll so if you want to change your answers you can. I haven't done a poll in a long time.

AzBat360
Last edited by AzBat360 on Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

AzBat360
Recruit

Post by AzBat360 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:07 am

neps wrote:This almost needs to be two polls, cause I wanted to vote for two. The rating of the episode and then whether to make it into a series.
You can, I designed it that way. Go ahead and make your change if needed.

AzBat360

alan6271
Stranger

Post by alan6271 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:31 am

I like the show and would like to see it made into a series.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:46 am

Loved the show and am eager to see the series! I think this poll should be stickied. :) (Up to the mods, though, of course).

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:13 am

i loved it!!!

hope it does become a series!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:15 am

I voted for "I enjoyed it, but could have been better" also, some things bugged me and I really think certain aspects could have been improved upon during filming if they had been able to, but alas the strike prevented that. The "loophole" with Charles Graiman started to bug me when they start to make it seem like he did everything all by himself. I also had problems with Mike's mother and the explanation of what happened.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:17 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:The "loophole" with Charles Graiman started to bug me when they start to make it seem like he did everything all by himself.
I SO want a scene in a series (if they make it) where they have to work on KITT and all of a sudden RC3 and his crew appear out of nowhere and he says "What? You think Charles did it all by himself?!" :lol:
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:40 pm

If it becomes a series I don't have much doubt that Michael and the original KITT (in some form, hopefully the Trans Am) will appear in an episode. I didn't like Mike's friend's involvement at all, he doesn't fit anywhere. Just because they're friends doesn't mean he has anything to contribute.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ckeller22
Operative

Post by ckeller22 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:45 pm

I enjoyed it and hope it goes to series.

kido
Operative

Post by kido » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:51 pm

Its not bad, I wonder how the series do in the long run.
Knight Industries Defence One

99transamgirl
Volunteer

Post by 99transamgirl » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:31 pm

i didn't like it b/c I don't like KITT being a mustang and his name being KITT still. my opinion though. it's funny how most people on this site like the movie but on knight registries a lot didn't.

gotigers1
Rookie

Post by gotigers1 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:37 pm

1st time poster, long time reader. I enjoyed the movie and feel that they have a good foundation for a new series.

the nighthawk
Stranger

Post by the nighthawk » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:49 pm

I thought it was ok. I really enjoyed the original series, but I realize that was then. So, we have what we have. I thought the plot had a few kinks, but I do not think any were too terrible to overlook. I would like to see how this all plays out in a series.

poilala
Volunteer

Post by poilala » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:06 pm

"I enjoyed it, but could have been better." and "Make it into a series with minimal changes.".
Three things I didn't like :
- the plot... alright, bad guys wanna steal a thing capable of doing very bad and powerful things, let's stop them. Soooo classic.
- not enough action : a little bit more would have been better (I'm talking action WITH the car like car chases, crashes, ...)
- not enough KITT functions. I'd like to see more functions, and more things on the dashboard. There's plenty of space there to add cool new things. Though I can understand that for a 2 hours (read 80 minutes) movie they couldn't show a lot.

Obviously, those 3 points will be resolved if they make it into a series.

GN_WS6
Rookie

Post by GN_WS6 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:16 pm

Hated it. Don't make a series out of it and take the tape and throw in in the trash compacter. (Sorry Hoff) :? :kitt:
The real KITT was born a Trans Am.

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:20 pm

I liked it but it could have been better. Im not even sure if I like it better than KR2000 and TKR. I do hope it goes to series though. The original Knight Rider has nothing to worry about though it definitey is a much more fun show than this movie was.

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:25 pm

Loved it. Need a few refinements like maybe more KITT orientated action but Its certainly got potential. I thought it was perfect that they left the Hoff till the very end, it worked.

Generally, if your willing to accept change for a difference (not better or worse) then you would have enjoyed this pilot. Its not a Trans AM or whatever is not a valid argument for dismissing the pilot. My only gripe is Mikes chum being recruited at the end.....thats just weird!

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:56 pm

He's a mechanic so I guess that's where he fits in but yeah, he seems expendable.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:05 pm

I voted "Enjoyed it, but it could have been better" and "Make it a series with minimum changes."

I thought the humor was great. In fact, I had to stop myself from laughing a couple of times because I was missing the dialog. I enjoyed KITT. I loved his extensive use of visual aids while speaking. Val's voice was such a pleasant change. I found it to be incredibly soothing. It was a bit robotic sounding, however, but the original KITT was pretty much the same way in the KOTP so it didn’t really bother me. The special effects were pretty cool. I really liked seeing KITT regenerated in slow motion after the bullets hit him. The references and the use of elements from the original were also very refreshing, especially the crooked small town cop. Definitely didn't expect that one. :D

I only have three gripes; the first being the lack of heart-pounding action. I was hoping to see a chase scene in more urban settings with KITT power sliding around street corners, dodging pedestrians and other vehicles crashing all over the place. There also wasn't any real wow-factor to KITT's abilities; but like others have said, it was probably a time constraint issue and there will definitely be room to improve on that if a series is picked up. My last and final grip is the damn plane. Why did they have to resurrect that thing from TKR? It's just not practical.

Other than that, I had a blast watching it. At the end of the movie, I craved for more. In most cases, that's bad, especially if it's just a one time thing; but since this was a backdoor pilot to a potential new series, it succeeded in my case. :) I'll most likely watch it again when the encore airs.
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

spto
Volunteer

Post by spto » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:58 pm

"I liked it but it could've been better" If I was giving this a grade it'd be a solid B.

There's a lot of positive stuff to work with and it should work well as a weekly series.

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:02 am

i voted that i enjoyed it but it could have been better, and that it should be made into a series with minimal changes.
in glen larson we trust.