The Knight 3000

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

The Knight 3000

Post by Kram061-1 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:15 pm

Now that I am finally off my Turbo Boost kick, I have to say this new show seems to have a potentially good story line. I am willing to watch it. But, now in one of the latest interviews, I understand KITT is only bulletproof some of the time? I am not complaining, really, I'm not. But I don't get it. It seems like they are 'reinventing the wheel' so to speak with this new show. If the original KITT was indestructible, why shouldn't this be. I understand this is an entirely new show, but shouldn't this new KITT have some of the features of the first KITT ??????????? Maybe it is just me, but I think they are changing this TOO much. I still plan to watch it, but I am beginning to agree with some of the other posts here where they are comparing this show to VIPER. I just feel they should have a tie in to the old KITT somehow with it's features, whether it be the voice box, Turbo Boost, MBS, something at least. I am not desperate enough to have a new Knight Rider if they are going to change everything about it that I like and remember. Like I said, I'm NOT trying to complain, I just don't get it.

PS--- I can only hope this 'thing' that they're replacing the semi with is not something stupid as hell like a cargo plane or a bat cave or something. :cry:

knightny
Rookie

Re: The Knight 3000

Post by knightny » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:12 pm

Maybe there will be an explanation for it? If you remember the first Goliath episode, Garth and his mother needed Devon since he was one of the three men who had 3 different parts of the formula so you needed all 3 to know the formula for the MBS. Maybe Graiman does not have the formula for the MBS so instead he invents self-regeneration? Who knows....Bottomline the movie is 3 days away. Stop with the criticisms and wait a few more days :kitt: .

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:13 pm

I Hope they explain something :roll: I will :mrgreen: :kitt2: admit I am highly encouraged with Val Kilmer as KITT

..................besides, what's the worst that can happen?, the car splits into 2 motrcycles :D :D :D :D :?: :?: :?:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:54 am

Don't give them any ideas! :shock: Hopefully they stick with not watching TKR.... Then again maybe they should just to help guide them in what not to do in that way they should watch Viper too.

Anyway, I dunno it does seem weird and another Viperish thing. I thought the bullets being absorbed thing was a good idea so to prevent ricochets but it looks like that doesn't happen in "Attack Mode" so what's the point? To still blend in by showing the car being able to take damage? If that's the case doesn't the car immediately regenerating kind of stick out just as much? Can KITT control the rate that regeneration occurs?
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:16 am

I juts don't get why the car would be bulletproof \indestructible some of the time. It seems so pointless. My impression of this movie so far is that it is just to show off CGI, with no real point behind any KITT functions.

BUT, we'll find out soon enough.................

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:43 am

if you watch the "hello sarah"-trailer, you will see that KITT is shot on twice, and both times he's not in attack mode.
the first scene is when KITT is found in the garage by the bad guys and rides off to find sarah.
the other one is the scene with the self-healing windshield... that's a bit tricky, but you can see it's not the attack mode because it has the grey racing stripes on the hood.

so whatever it means 'KITT is only bulletproof in attack mode' we've seen at least two examples, that he can withstand bullets in his normal mode as well.

daroga
Rookie

Post by daroga » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:00 am

Perhaps he heals all the time and is actually bulletproof in attack mode?

The thing I like about it is that this opens up some more real story possibilities. In the original KR they were constantly trying to make up problems for KITT since he was more or less invincible. Having a known vulnerability from the get go could make this more interesting and/or believable.