Will we see Arnett listed in the credits?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Skav
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Will we see Arnett listed in the credits?

Post by Skav » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:55 pm

....Or will he do what William Daniels did and choose not to receive credit to make the character more believable?
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Re: Will we see Arnett listed in the credits?

Post by cloudkitt » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:30 am

I dunno, but his role as the voice has been much more publicized that Daniels' ever was. So it would be understandable if he was in the credits.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:40 pm

Yeah that's the problem with publicity. Daniels is relatively unknown compared to Arnett who is on a bigger scale. I do hope he doesn't accept credit though, it will keep it in tune with the original show.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:40 am

Things is times have obviously changed since the original show.
Communication is much faster due to the net.

It was a few years before I ever knew William daniles was Kitt's voice, I remeber seeing it in the "Knight RIder Album" book in 1984.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:58 am

I didn't know it until around the time of Boy Meets World came out and even then it was probably a few years into that show. >_>

On another note to show my ignorance/stupidity..... I thought William Daniels was British up until not too long ago. <_<
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:40 pm

The only reason he wasn't on the credits in the first place was because he was doing st elsewhere at the same time , and he didn't tell the producers about it.

Nick

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:45 pm

The thing was, Daniels wanted to voice K.I.T.T. as sort of a side gig while he worked on St. Elsewhere. He figured no one (or hardly anyone) would know it was him, but ironically the opposite happened.

Since there's already been many reports announcing Will Arnett as the new voice, it's going to be pretty difficult and rather pointless to not just receive credit. While I'm hopeful about the telepic, there also appears to be no mystique about the Mustang at all. Not seeing the dashboard doesn't count, because it hasn't been finalized yet. We've seen the car(s) in great detail, and the PR event explained some of the behind-the-scenes effects, like the remote-controlled 'Stang. And I'm drawing my comparison with the original series, where we'd have to wait entire seasons sometimes just to get a full view of the dashboard, for example, among other things.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4: