NBC KR-07 pilot script review...

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by cloudkitt » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:33 am

If that does mean they're ignoring KR2000, that makes me happy already.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:26 pm

FuzzieDice wrote:I just thought of something. Didn't the car in Viper or whatever that was (forgot, sorry) change shape or shape-shift? Could it be based a little on that as well?
Yes, Fuzzie, the Viper would morph into the Defender. If the new KITT could use the same ability to morph into SPM or whatever modes he will have now, I would find that FAR more believable than in the original series. :-P

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:14 am

More believable?

The Viper Defender morphed via CGI effects. KITT was 100% physical. (Well...so, the stuff popped out of a mere shell of a car. Or, should I say parts of a shell??? Still, real vs computer.)

As for making the new KITT have a defense mode like Viper, let me say just this. I 'ALWAYS' thought that was Viper's weakest option. If an enemy was smart enough, they could hack Viper's remote features, initiate the transformation and open fire at their timing into the gaping holes that this process momentarily exposes. Some KR villains have gone far past this level of intelligence to cripple KITT. (Though, I'll always be fond of the one Viper episode where they get a whole fleet...and all but one of the Viper cars gets destroyed by their incompetent drivers...on the practice course.) The second biggest weakness of Viper was her gun ports. When open, they not only exposed a rather sizable gap into sensitive areas, but left the potential for a direct shot to chain react with small warheads that could detonate inside the tubes and blow the whole cabin apart in a blaze of glory. The only time season four KITT ever morphs is when the alert status is GREEN. At the mere hint of danger, it was time to button up.

I'd chose KITT's defensive stature over Viper's offensive approach, any day. Nothing like surviving an attack over hoping that you shoot first and they can't shoot back. Remember that KITT could shoot a quarter sized weakness in Goliath with his laser and Viper had holes one could put their hands through.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:38 pm

The superiority of physical over CGI is noted and true. But given the choice between CGI and those lame freaking models for certain sequences I'd take CGI any day of the week.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

AtariKnight
Operative

Post by AtariKnight » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:18 am

Gasoline?.........So does that mean, The Turbojet and the Fuel Processor stays, Or will the car just be a High-Tech Hybrid? (As suggested)

Otherwise, The pilot sounds fairly good, For a possible series launch.....It's certaibly peaked my interest. :D

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:52 pm

AtariKnight wrote:Gasoline?.........So does that mean, The Turbojet and the Fuel Processor stays, Or will the car just be a High-Tech Hybrid? (As suggested)

Otherwise, The pilot sounds fairly good, For a possible series launch.....It's certaibly peaked my interest. :D
That mention in the script of the car running on gasoline sort of bugs me. Although K.I.T.T. himself ran on ordinary gasoline until "Give Me Liberty...Or Give Me Death," he was converted to run on hydrogen fuel from that episode on. And this is back in 1982, so K.I.T.T. was certainly living up to his reputation of being the car of the future. It seems like the Knight 3000 is taking a step backwards by running on gasoline, especially in this day and age with the prices of oil and the awareness of global warming. Maybe if there's a new series the new K.I.T.T. will eventually go through the same process, but with shapeshifting technology and all other kinds of fancy stuff, it's sort of hard to believe the Knight Foundation would choose to use gasoline.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:31 pm

There is a practical reason to have KITT run on gasoline: he needs to refuel while on assignment. The Semi can't always keep up with KITT and if he relies on a special fuel he could get stranded.

I think a throw-away line about KITT being an extemely efficient hybrid vehicle will make him green enough.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:17 pm

I like the old idea of him being able to burn any combustable liquid known to man. Means you could pretty much use anything.

snafu
FLAG Recruit

Post by snafu » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:28 pm

Seagrams? Jack Daniels? Absolut?
Heaven, where all QC only has to be run once.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:22 am

FuzzieDice wrote:I like the old idea of him being able to burn any combustable liquid known to man. Means you could pretty much use anything.
Wasn't that the Back To the Future DeLorean?
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:49 am

That was my thought, Mr. Fusion was genius.

=VK=

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:01 pm

SD_Chick wrote:Seagrams? Jack Daniels? Absolut?
:lol: 8)
Lost Knight wrote:Wasn't that the Back To the Future DeLorean?
I don't know about BTTF as oddly I never watched it. But I do remember a couple times (or at least in one episode where Michael is filling up KITT at a gas station via the gas going in under the license plate area) that he mentioned KITT can run on any combustible substance known to man, etc.

I even forgot what episode that was... :oops:

snafu
FLAG Recruit

Post by snafu » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:20 pm

It's at the end of BTTF 1- Doc comes back from the future and instead of using the plutoniume he dumps bits of garbage and stuff into the Mr Fusion hooked on the back of the DeLorean.
(Mr Fusion looks suspiciously like Mr Coffee)
Heaven, where all QC only has to be run once.

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:51 pm

FuzzieDice wrote: I don't know about BTTF as oddly I never watched it. But I do remember a couple times (or at least in one episode where Michael is filling up KITT at a gas station via the gas going in under the license plate area) that he mentioned KITT can run on any combustible substance known to man, etc.

I even forgot what episode that was... :oops:
I think that might be No Big Deal from season one. I remember Michael makes a smart comment something like "Some blood for you Dracula" and KITT uses the opportunity to say "blood is not combustible...I can run on any combustible substance known to man" ;)
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:54 pm

Like everyone else, I was concerned about the morphing concept as well but it doesn't seem too bad of an idea, although I am a little confused by it still.

I think bringing back the original TA and then halfway through go with the new one is probably the best thing to do because it should, at least, keep both fans happy since the old fans need to realise they can't keep smashing up old TA's. At least it may be given a nod and that's fine with me.

Just make the new car black, sleek and sporty but not over the top Camaro style. :roll:

I'm open to the idea of having Hasselhoff back but if they don't then I'll still give it a shot.

This situation between the movie and series getting made reminds me of the situation between Smallville and Superman Returns. Both use the same concept but do it in different ways. Smallville is still carrying on and we have more Superman movies on the way.

Whether the KR series turns out to be garbage or not at least we will have two incarnations of KR and that can only be better than having no KR at all.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:08 pm

Smallville creators Alfred Gough and Miles Millar worked together with Bryan Singer to make sure that neither property conflicted too much with the other. You will also notice in Smallville the "S" shield that has been used is from Superman Returns.

=VK=

Mblackphoenix
Rookie

Post by Mblackphoenix » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:30 am

Here I found more Details about the NBC Script:
http://televisionary.blogspot.com/2007/ ... ok-at.html

So, they mention that Mikes Mother is Jennifer, who lived on the proberty from Kamen and this belong to Knight Industries.
Mike grew up in a shack on the Kamen property with his single mom Jennifer. Hmmm, single mom? Could Mike be named for his father, Michael Knight? You'd be right.
First thought is: Means that Jennifer Knight? :roll:
Greetings

Phoenix / Sabine

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:31 am

In my re-envisioning of Knight Rider, I always thought it would be more interesting to have our hero be Garth's son.

T.A.H.O.E.
FLAG Recruit

Post by T.A.H.O.E. » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:53 pm

Now wait a minute.....Michael Long (Knight)
& Dr. Bonnie Barstow (post Stephanie=yrs later ) would be more along the lines of the KR timeline...with Garth also having sired offspring-(gulp)somehow.....as would have Jennifer Knight (if she kept name )unless, we followed the time tag of Kr2k.....
" Silence....we have an intruder... "

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:43 am

Mblackphoenix wrote:Here I found more Details about the NBC Script:
http://televisionary.blogspot.com/2007/ ... ok-at.html
I was reading the comments after the blog post:
I think Knight Rider 2020 led to a syndicated series with multiple vehicles that lasted about half a season.
....Wow, reminds me how I won a bet with a teacher in high school cause I was able to prove there was a KR2010 (thanks to Michael Pajaro for having the promo poster on his site :D)

krfan1

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:22 am

Just noticed this...

IMDB now lists Glen's movie as having a release date in 2010 instead of 2008? Wonder who changed this and if it has been pushed back. Vic? Thoughts? I don't want to wait another 2 years!!! :)

Joe

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:12 pm

Well if this is true looks like to me the Wienstiens are very nervous about the tv movie? Makes me also wonder if Glen lost his bid for getting an injunction against Universal? I'am sure we will hear from Victor soon?

Mblackphoenix
Rookie

Post by Mblackphoenix » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:25 pm

Hi,
Under: http://www.knightrideruk.co.uk/forum/in ... 5973&st=20

you can read that Victor selfs not knowing, why IMDB have taken the side to privat and put the date to 2010, and that they are trying to find out why.
Greetings

Phoenix / Sabine

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:43 pm

IMDB relies on user-submitted information, and they have a long history of NOT doing any form of verification. That's why you have seen the entry for the Knight Rider movie change so much over the past 4 or 5 years.

I do not think there is any meaning to the 2010 date whatsoever, other than "imdb made another mistake".
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:37 pm

I have a question for Victor I wonder if there is an expirey date on the deal between Glen and the Wienstiens?