NEW Knight Rider Pilot in Development at NBC - THIS SEASON

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by JJSoCrazy » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:50 pm

I think that they were just stating that Transformers was so good and inspired him to also create a remake of a classic 80's icon. I highly doubt they would ruin the film and make KITT transform.

On the other hand, Glen Larson should get in touch with them and actually get going with the damn Knight Rider film all ready. I understand you need to take your time to create the film, but we have no solid evidence on even the script being written. Right now he is just stating their going to create the film and thats it.

Here is my idea what they should do:

Start filming soon and get in touch with Universal to tell them they will write the script and get moving along. Glen Larson will direct and create the Knight Rider movie and create it by restarting everything and re-introducing KITT, Michael, basically start fresh and also keep the integrity of the film.

Now after the film, they should create this series that they want to do.

The movie should be the "pilot" and the series can continue from that.

If they were smart, they would use Larson to help after the movie would be created to help the series and even the guy who will do the series for next fall can help with the movie as well.

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:06 am

This remindes me from the times when Team Knight Rider was announced, I was looking forward seeing it but it wasn't what I thought it was. Keeping this in mind I'm not sure what to think about this new series, on one hand I'm excited to see new Knight Rider on tv but on the other hand it may not be anything like the original series.
I wish they would do it right this time, with Mr. Larson's help I'm sure it would be done right and what could be better than watching new adventures of Knight Rider on tv :) Well, the new KR movie perhaps :D

Knight of Sweden
Operative

Post by Knight of Sweden » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:57 am

This sounds really great. Lets just hope they do it good this time.
Can be really awesome :D

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:35 pm

jjsocrazy wrote:I think that they were just stating that Transformers was so good and inspired him to also create a remake of a classic 80's icon. I highly doubt they would ruin the film and make KITT transform.

On the other hand, Glen Larson should get in touch with them and actually get going with the damn Knight Rider film all ready. I understand you need to take your time to create the film, but we have no solid evidence on even the script being written. Right now he is just stating their going to create the film and thats it.

Here is my idea what they should do:

Start filming soon and get in touch with Universal to tell them they will write the script and get moving along. Glen Larson will direct and create the Knight Rider movie and create it by restarting everything and re-introducing KITT, Michael, basically start fresh and also keep the integrity of the film.

Now after the film, they should create this series that they want to do.

The movie should be the "pilot" and the series can continue from that.

If they were smart, they would use Larson to help after the movie would be created to help the series and even the guy who will do the series for next fall can help with the movie as well.
They need to reimagine the 1982 pilot and start from scratch.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:05 pm

Don't know about anybody else but I am excited by this news!!!

Yes, the transformers link does not sound great and let's hope it doesn't go completely OTT but just the news alone is good to hear.

Have a feeling that Universal would even try to get Hasselhoff into the show considering there is some ill feeling between Hasselhoff and Larson if Universal is really trying to spite Larson...which I will admit is extremely unfair.

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:56 pm

I think this is gonna be horrible. I hope I'm wrong.
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:43 am

First of all, I'd like to express my greatest thanks to NBC that has initiated what I first thought was the end of Knight Rider. We've been patient with this project in terms of rumours that has been going around during these past couple years about whether it's done, in progress or not even started yet and now I'm almost certain that something is really going on backstage!

The article gave me an image of Knight Rider as a new Transformer project which kind of ruined the idea of the REAL Knight Rider series by Universal. I think that we all could agree with the fact that we don't want a movie with that much animations and cars turning into robots, but something similar as to what went on with the series back in the 80's...
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:00 pm

I hope it happen's It's been a frenzey these last few days, the news in the press loads of websites etc.

Guess it is going to just die down now like it always does and nothing will ever happen.

Even if it does I would never see it it would end up on satalite here in the uk which I don't have.

Radicalas
Operative

Post by Radicalas » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:39 am

Knight Rider TV show's IMDb page: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1114258/

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:19 am

Check out this website. It's good for car news, testing, and new stuff coming out. They talk about Knight Rider and the new NBC series.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Ne ... eId=122853

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:28 pm

You know what I don't get.........

They keep saying in all these articles that the pilot will be out
before the end of this year................

Uhmmmm. Thats only 3 months away. There gonna wip up something that
fast and get it on the air? If so... You know it is going to be a rushed
piece of crap.

They may prove me wrong but I doubt it will be good if it isn't already
in the can and finished, ready to show.

What are your thoughts on this?
Brian - Knightdriver.com

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:42 am

knightdriver: The articles are feeding off eachother and losing something in the translation. The earlier reports say that the movie could be out by the end of this SEASON. That still gives them 6-7 months, which is a very long time in the TV world.

remote_jup
Recruit

Post by remote_jup » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:09 pm

I can just see it now...

Mr. X: "K.I.T.T., I need you!"

Some stage hand runs up towards Mr. X, holding a cardboard sign that says K.I.T.T. on a stick.

Might as well name it C.G.I.
This accout is only for use at unsecured public terminals by jup.

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:41 pm

There is an article mentioning it in this week's "Entertainment weekly." it almost offsets the depressing news about the upcoming writer's strike...
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

knightrules
Volunteer

I am excited...BUT

Post by knightrules » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:36 am

I do hope NBC does this right.
I think Bionic Woman is horrible.

I am worried as Knight Rider is NOT a Transformer !

I do hope Glen Larson and Hoff gets to take part.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:49 am

KRAvengerII wrote:There is an article mentioning it in this week's "Entertainment weekly." it almost offsets the depressing news about the upcoming writer's strike...
Well in reading an article in the same EW about the writers strike - it occurred to me that NBC might have green lit this new movie in hopes of having stuff to show if there is a writers strike.

The article talks about the Movie/TV studios greenlighting everything so that they have a bank of items in case there is a strike.

I wonder a couple of things. 1 - if there was never threats of a strike, would this have been green lit? 2 - if there winds up not being a strike in the end - will the footage (if they wind up filming) ever see the light of day.

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:09 pm

i think this Acura Concept could also make a great KITT:

http://www.automobilemag.com/multimedia ... r_concept/

knightrules
Volunteer

Post by knightrules » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:36 pm

neps wrote:
KRAvengerII wrote:There is an article mentioning it in this week's "Entertainment weekly." it almost offsets the depressing news about the upcoming writer's strike...
Well in reading an article in the same EW about the writers strike - it occurred to me that NBC might have green lit this new movie in hopes of having stuff to show if there is a writers strike.

The article talks about the Movie/TV studios greenlighting everything so that they have a bank of items in case there is a strike.

I wonder a couple of things. 1 - if there was never threats of a strike, would this have been green lit? 2 - if there winds up not being a strike in the end - will the footage (if they wind up filming) ever see the light of day.

Its hard to tell what they are thinking. I do though think NBC sees some value given how good Battlestar Galactica has been doing on Sci Fi (and I still think that would be better on NBC's schedule), and the early out of the gate success of Bionic. Why not Knight Rider!?!?!?

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:06 am

Let's hope it doesn't turn into this...

http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x273 ... tRider.flv

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:07 pm

:shock: :lol:

That was just hilarious ! I mean where parts of KITT kinda just fall out after Michael falls out upside down. LOL!

But him changing... once seen like that... heck, I really wouldn't mind it (and I haven't watched Transformers either).

For me, as I've probably mentioned a few times already, as long as it's entertaining and I enjoy the show/movie, I'll like it. I got to the point that it's not about nastalgia anymore. It's about quality of the show and being entertained. :)

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:27 pm

:lol: That animation was GREAT!!!
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"