THE knighTRider season 2007 is going to shoot in TURKEY

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

modifiyemre
Volunteer

THE knighTRider season 2007 is going to shoot in TURKEY

Post by modifiyemre » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:53 am

last year the turkish stand up star was named cem yılmaz played a tv spot.he used a car like kitt was named gitt.the turklish film production company erler film bought knight rider's copyrights.at the leading role turks world's savior man playing.his name is cüneyt arkın.they will make the movie in 2007.the films start time is a secret now..

wallpaper:
[img]http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/763/gittorkitt5oh.gif[/img]
TURKISH KITT = GITT!!
!!!!knighTRider!!!!

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Knight-Armen » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:02 pm

If this version of the series would go worldwide I would probably kill myself!

Hope this plan fails...
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

snafu
FLAG Recruit

Post by snafu » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:08 pm

Umm...what the hell kind of a car is that in there? Does it have more than three cylinders?
Heaven, where all QC only has to be run once.

AusKnight2K
Operative

Post by AusKnight2K » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:27 pm

Surely this can't be real ... is this someone's idea of a joke? :shock:

Is there some official website or source that can back this up?

Otherwise it's just someone (yet again) who is really good with Photoshop ... :roll:

J-Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by J-Knight » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:21 pm

LMAO No way belive that! :lol: Thats a chop of the Koeinsegg KITT poster.
Devon-"Shall we drink to the start of.."
Michael-"Of what?"
Devon-"One mans Dream"

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:46 pm

This sounds like a horrible idea.
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:46 am

Yeah I agree with J-Knight. But yes its awful. It gives me Knightmares!
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:34 pm

HA! Yeah, sure it is...

pezze87
Rookie

Post by pezze87 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:51 am

Even If I would be blind I would shout: FAAAKEEE!! =) And, yes, I agree with some posts over me, horrible =))
The Knight is back!

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:27 pm

It is probably a fake in a way but as far as I know, it has real roots. There was a Turkish commercial featuring this car (I think it is a modified Lada 1200 or 1500), similar to the Finnish R-Kioski commercial.

Blazing
Volunteer

Post by Blazing » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:56 pm

Lol I guess those Turkish people took "Lada Rider" a bit too seriously XD

modifiyemre
Volunteer

Post by modifiyemre » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:26 am

de amk. a.g.ç ! s.i.e yin amk!

i don't be afraid to write again!! i went to holiday so i couldn't open internet! you have to say "good luck" to me but you cursed to me! our 4 cylinders doing your v8's jobs!

I'm waiting your answers!!
TURKISH KITT = GITT!!
!!!!knighTRider!!!!

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:14 am

our 4 cylinders doing your v8's jobs!
I'm sure that's not the case, even if you would tune the Lada! A car like that in stock would probably do around 50 bhp whereas in the case of Trans-Am's you would be looking at an engine with around 300-350 bhp altogether with a (8-cylinder) V8! :)
Last edited by Knight-Armen on Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:59 pm

Knight-Armen wrote: a 5-cylinder V8! :)
Think hard about what you said there. :roll: :lol:
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

snafu
FLAG Recruit

Post by snafu » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:51 pm

Now I'm confused. Did we upset the OP by protesting this travesty?
And how on earth could a V4 do the work of a V8?
Heaven, where all QC only has to be run once.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:44 am

Think hard about what you said there.
Sorry, my mistake... :lol:

vampire knight
Rookie

Post by vampire knight » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:16 pm

This is great :lol:

It's simply just a parody of the show like HungarianKnight said. I don't know why some people seem so offended. It's great that in places Knight Rider is still so big it influences their pop culture. Seems like this guy Cem Yılmaz is a comedian from Turkey who made a few commercials in parody of Knight Rider and now they're making a movie about it (maybe?). Who knows maybe it's true; I love this kind of stuff.

From Wikipedia:
In Turkey, the show was known as Kara Şimşek (literally Black Lightning). This name referred to KITT itself. The show was such a big hit that during the years of the initial run, many automobiles and vans were fit with a thin row of red lights that imitated similar lights on KITT's hood. It has left such strong memories that stand-up comedian Cem Yılmaz came up with a series of television commercials as recent as 2005, where he had a talking car named GİTT, a 131 Fiat Mirafiori, the cheapest most common car in Turkey, outfitted with the scanner. In one petrol commercial Yilmaz drag races his GITT Mirafiori against a Corvette on the Istanbul Park raceway. They take off together, as the Corvette crosses the line and comes to a halt, the driver steps out to see Yilmaz playing a game of table football, casually proclaiming a 5-0 victory as the driver listens in.

modifiyemre
Volunteer

Post by modifiyemre » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:24 am

hmmn.
ok.
1-It's not a LADA! It's a Murat 124!
2-It's not 50 hp it's 65 hp!
3-this car is a dragger king!!!
4-bütün ladalar götünüze girsin amerikanlar!!!
hep ben mi ingilizceye çevirecem a.q azcıkta siz türkçeyi öğrenin lan!! :D :D :D

yes;
knight rider is very populer! but very silly! :D
i think you'll be proud of something different...
I like watch the knight rider, because I like watch silly films :D "and love amerikan muscle cars..."
TURKISH KITT = GITT!!
!!!!knighTRider!!!!

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:47 am

1-It's not a LADA! It's a Murat 124!
2-It's not 50 hp it's 65 hp!
Big difference!?
3-this car is a dragger king!!!
Not really... :lol:
knight rider is very populer! but very silly!
i think you'll be proud of something different...
I like watch the knight rider, because I like watch silly films "and love amerikan muscle cars..."
I can't see why you think it's silly when you're still watching it... ?

vampire knight
Rookie

Post by vampire knight » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:22 pm

So it's not a 131 Fiat Mirafiori?

I don't think the car is suppose to be necessarily this "muscle" car after all it's a pardoy of KITT. Kind of like Coop in the Hammer & Coop promo ads for Mini Cooper. If it's anything like that it might be enjoyable. I think it's great that KITT is kept in the public eye like that and that there are fans all over the world that do this sort of thing.

Knight-Armen

Why can't someone watch a show they've called silly? You can watch a show that you think is silly and still be a fan and enjoy it. They're exclusive to one another. On that same note, just because someone watches a show doesn't mean they like it either. See how you're drawing illogical conclusions?

I myself think Knight Rider is to an extent silly, it's writer actors etc. have admitted that it's a lot of tongue and cheek humor, they used a lot of silly comedic relief throughout the series. It was a serious show, but it doesn't mean you can't have fun with it. The show is about a talking car for crying out loud, don't you think that's a bit silly? Give the guy a break.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:05 am

Okay, that's your opinion and maybe a group of others as well, but being a die-hard fan of the show and to think it's silly does not go hand in hand, if you ask me, becasue then you're watching the show for other reasons.

If you think the show is silly and yet choose to watch it then it's like:

- Ohh, this show is so stupid! Yet I still choose to watch it because it's fun to see those silly turbo boosts and those ridicilous comebacks from Kitt or those pathetic actions taken by Michael. It's flatout stupid but it's fun!!!

If you're a real fan of the show, you'd keep those comments for yourself and yes, some of the scenes are silly but not to the extent for the word to become a nickname for the show. The idea of a talking car might be silly on paper but on the screen it was certainly not!
The movie 'Cars' was more of a silly concept than Knight Rider because the car had a mouth with teeth and eyes similar to a human being. The whole concept was supposed to be comedic and a bit silly.

Target Audience is a critical standpoint when talking about books, movies etc.

Sure, you can still watch Knight Rider and have a lot fun, I do it everyday! :lol:

Knight of Sweden
Operative

Post by Knight of Sweden » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:10 am

Thanks for the laugh of the day.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:06 am

Thanks for the laugh of the day.
Your humour might need a little more work, nevertheless; I'm glad that it made you laugh... :)

vampire knight
Rookie

Post by vampire knight » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:54 pm

Knight-Armen wrote:Okay, that's your opinion and maybe a group of others as well, but being a die-hard fan of the show and to think it's silly does not go hand in hand, if you ask me, becasue then you're watching the show for other reasons.

If you think the show is silly and yet choose to watch it then it's like:

- Ohh, this show is so stupid! Yet I still choose to watch it because it's fun to see those silly turbo boosts and those ridicilous comebacks from Kitt or those pathetic actions taken by Michael. It's flatout stupid but it's fun!!!

If you're a real fan of the show, you'd keep those comments for yourself and yes, some of the scenes are silly but not to the extent for the word to become a nickname for the show. The idea of a talking car might be silly on paper but on the screen it was certainly not!
The movie 'Cars' was more of a silly concept than Knight Rider because the car had a mouth with teeth and eyes similar to a human being. The whole concept was supposed to be comedic and a bit silly.

Target Audience is a critical standpoint when talking about books, movies etc.

Sure, you can still watch Knight Rider and have a lot fun, I do it everyday! :lol:
There are different levels of silliness, "silliness" is immaterial and therefore cannot be quantified, it is subjective and individual...Much like how somehow you measure something or someone as being "die-hard." You're assuming I'm not a die-hard fan and assuming the reasons I watch the show. Also no one here has used the word “silly” to nickname the show.

You're equating silliness with you're quasi anecdotal definition of "Ohh, this show is so stupid! Yet I still choose to watch it because it's fun to see those silly turbo boosts and those ridicilous comebacks from Kitt or those pathetic actions taken by Michael. It's flatout stupid but it's fun!!! " Which might not necessarily be their idea of silly or their reasons for watching the show, besides you said it not us.

Once again someone saying or thinking the show is silly is exclusive to the reasons he or she watches the show. Sure it might be one of the reason and yeah maybe they do think about it like you just mentioned, but it's not one in the same. So stop assuming why people watch the show or who is really a fan, not one way is any better or more “die-hard” than the other. People have their own reasons and it's not for you to say anyone should keep it to themselves. One more thing to note, this guy is from Turkey, there is a language and cultural barrier that might play in to this, much like there are differences there in Sweden.

I still think this is a cool thing, I mean someone who keeps Knight Rider in the public eye and takes the effort to come up with something like this has to be a fan to an extent. I don't think someone who hated the show would go through the trouble. This isn't necessarily a negative depiction of the show, a parody is not inherently a bad thing; I'm sure you've heard the phrase: Imitation is the highest form of flattery. Ever thought of that? :D

You're right though, my opinion, just like yours, but we all know what they say about opinions right?
:wink:

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:04 am

Ohh, this show is so stupid! Yet I still choose to watch it because it's fun to see those silly turbo boosts and those ridicilous comebacks from Kitt or those pathetic actions taken by Michael. It's flatout stupid but it's fun!!!
This statement includes words that are similar or synonyms if you will to the word "silly", that is why I chose to bring it about. It was not my intention of reflecting your or anyone else's idea or reason for watching the show. :wink: