Very sad clip of a drunk D. Hasselhoff (Warning)

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Very sad clip of a drunk D. Hasselhoff (Warning)

Post by Knight-Armen » Fri May 04, 2007 9:28 am

Hasselhoff seem to have lost control again but only God knows for how long this is going to last. Was posted on YouTube.com yesterday, showing a clip of a drunk David Hasselhoff lying down on the floor as he is taking big chunks of pizza in his mouth. His daughter is videotaping the whole scenario and tells him to stop drinking alcohol or else he will be fired from his current film shooting.
The video was aired on ”Entertainment tonight” three months ago and despite the big humiliation with thanks to his daughter he has now announced that it was a mistake and that he is in perfect shape again.

I would like to warn sensitive viewers from watching the embedded video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82-FJyni ... n%2Ecom%2F
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Fri May 04, 2007 10:12 am

That's one video of DH I won't be watching on youtube.com anytime soon......
I'm glad he's better 3 months later. :? :) :kitt2:

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Fri May 04, 2007 10:34 am

Yeah I've seen this video ALL over the news, hopefully it does instill the motivation in him to stay in perfect shape.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Fri May 04, 2007 10:42 am

I was shocked when I first saw the video because it revealed things that I was not aware of.

I mean, is that really the Knight Rider lying on the floor without a shirt?

Good God...
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Fri May 04, 2007 1:19 pm

knight-arman, you are not helping the situation by posting the video on youtube. if you were a real fan, you would not fan this situation any further then it needs to be. you would merely post a nice article conerning what happened and david's rebuttal to it.
like so:
LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- A videotape made by David Hasselhoff's daughters shows the recovering alcoholic falling off the wagon, Hasselhoff acknowledged Thursday, but the actor added that he is doing much better since it was made.

The video, which aired Thursday on several syndicated entertainment shows, depicts an apparently inebriated Hasselhoff, clad only in blue jeans, lying on the floor of a room and clumsily eating a hamburger while one of his daughters reproves him about his drinking.

"I am a recovering alcoholic," Hasselhoff said in a statement issued Thursday. "Despite that I have been going through a painful divorce and I have recently been separated from my children due to my work, I have been successfully dealing with my issue. Unfortunately, one evening I did have a brief relapse, but part of recovery is relapse.

"Because of my honest and positive relationship with my daughters, who were concerned for my well-being, there was a tape made that night to show me what I was like. I have seen the tape. I have learned from it and I am back on my game."

The tape's existence was first reported Thursday by TV's "The Insider," "Entertainment Tonight" and "Extra," which quickly posted stills and clips from it on their Web sites.

The TV shows said the tape was made about three months ago by Hasselhoff's 16-year-old daughter, Taylor-Ann, in his home in Las Vegas, where the former "Baywatch" star has been appearing in a stage version of "The Producers."

Hasselhoff's publicist, Judy Katz, said she could not confirm those details.

"I thank God for the love and concern from my daughters," Hasselhoff said in his statement. "The tape was never meant to become public, but got into the hands of individuals who are not worthy of mentioning, who maliciously released the tape for their own self purpose. I hope that someone else will learn from the tape, as I have."

On the tape, a girl's voice is heard saying: "Dad, you need to promise me you're not gonna get alcohol tonight, OK?

"If you get alcohol tonight you're fired from your show tomorrow," the girl continues. "And a doctor's coming over here in the morning to check your alcohol level and if there's any alcohol in your system you're gonna be fired from the show. Tomorrow. You hear me? No alcohol."

"OK," Hasselhoff replies in a slurred voice.

"Extra" said the tape also includes the girl repeatedly asking Hasselhoff why he continued to "do this" to himself.

"Cause I'm lonely. I have trouble in my life," he replies.

Hasselhoff, 54, filed for divorce from Pamela Bach last year after 16 years of marriage, citing irreconcilable differences. Bach, 43, filed her own divorce papers, also citing irreconcilable differences.

In addition to Taylor-Ann, they have a 14-year-old daughter, Hayley.
you have to remember that the guy is battling pamela, aka, crazy gold-digging bitch who wants to take away his children for good as well as take more money then she deserves.
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Fri May 04, 2007 1:52 pm

in all fairness KITT - he never says he posted the video - he's merely linking to it. thanks for posting Davids response - I saw that too and it's important to include something from the horses mouth, instead of hearsay.

I don't think its right to call his x a 'gold-digging bitch' because i'm pretty sure you didn't experience that first hand, specially after saying that its unfair for someone to speak badly about David.

In all seriousness I hope this helps David. He seems to care alot about his fans perception, and this video really is proof of his illness. Perhaps he will remember fans seeing the video the next time he reaches for a bottle, and will think twice.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Fri May 04, 2007 2:47 pm

neps: Thank you for clearing that up with KITT. She obviously did not understand the purpose of this post.

KITT: You could not be more wrong because I am a real fan of Knight Rider otherwise there would be no point of me being here. The purpose of this post was certainly not to set him up or tell everyone how bad he is doing (which would be a big lie by the way). I warned sensitive viewers from reading and watching the embedded video which you did not seem to pay attention to. Finally as neps said, I would not refer to Pamela as a "crazy gold-digging bitch", even though she left Hasselhoff. What do you think Hasselhoff would say if he would have read your statement? You have got to be careful with your choise of words...

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Fri May 04, 2007 5:05 pm

david left her, get your facts straight.

she has done nothing but beat on him for a year. you only hear about her wanting more money and doing everything she can to make it look like she is the victim.

btw, i did not watch your video. in fact, i didn't care to watch it but since i work at a tv station it was kind of hard to miss with CNN on in the news room.

also i apologize for assuming you posted it; i misread 'was posted on youtube.com yesterday' for 'we posted it on youtube.com..' so i apologize for that.
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Fri May 04, 2007 5:25 pm

Not again here oh man :roll: . This comes from Taylor Ann to us (hasselhoff friends fanclub)

Those stupid videos are 3 months old and they were meant for my dad, not for YOU so get over it and live your own life!

Taylor-aNN Hasselhoff.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Fri May 04, 2007 5:33 pm

david left her, get your facts straight.

she has done nothing but beat on him for a year. you only hear about her wanting more money and doing everything she can to make it look like she is ...
David left her, she left David, does it really matter? I'm sure it's more complicated than that and by the way both of them are required to sign the agreement, so whenever you request for a divorce it has to be accepted from both parts.

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Fri May 04, 2007 5:44 pm

thanks josch for posting that! i was thinking that same thing. 3 months old! it's old news. geez.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Fri May 04, 2007 6:29 pm

Well, we are all located in different parts of the world, so you cannot expect the information to be widely known just the second after the event takes place.

The Knight Rider series was first aired for just about 30 years ago and you are still discussing the episodes in great detail! Something that is 3 months old is certainly not that old to me and I think most of us would agree.

If you don't like the post then please stay away from replies. Stop using all that space for discussions that condone crossmessaging.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri May 04, 2007 6:53 pm

It's a shame that every time a video of a celebrity is filmed like that, it always somehow ends up in the wrong hands and made public. I also feel bad, to an extent, for celebrities because this is Hasselhoff's personal business. It is also refreshing to see that he did not apologize, which all celebrities seem to be doing lately. Most people (including myself) have had drunken nights like that at one time or another. I'm sure Hasselhoff will be successful in beating his alcoholism.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

snafu
FLAG Recruit

Post by snafu » Fri May 04, 2007 11:10 pm

Okey dokey.. this was an interesting thread.
I didn't watch the video. Don't want to. But it's not like the OP didn't WARN us what it contained. You don't wanna see it? Don't click the link.

Sure, the video is 3 months old but in the ole US of A the news broke YESTERDAY.

Yes, it was trashy that the video got into the wrong hands, but I know from personal experience that having something embarassing on video tremendously motivates one to change.
Heaven, where all QC only has to be run once.

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Sat May 05, 2007 1:02 am

I guess the video has gotten too played out in the public eye, which must be a bit much for DH himself.
As for the ongoing divorce thing, it's out of my hands, and I have no control over what happens.

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Sat May 05, 2007 2:52 am

@Lost Knight

You got it

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sat May 05, 2007 3:19 am

My take is that it's his private matter, the video was appearantly filmed at his home and never intended to be public. Everyone can be in their home whatever the way they want and it's no one elses business, only between family members.
I think it's quite extreeme measure to a daughter to film her father's condition like that and I bet David has learned a lot from that film which may motivate him to stay away from alcohol.
Whoever released that video should me more shamed, it's just mean and evil to make public this kind of things about anyone, just to make them look bad.
I just think this incident has been taken out of proportion.

(edit)
Just read a news headline about another celebrity who got caught DUI but this one doesn't seem to give a damn about anything, she violated probation, drove even after the conviction forbidded her driving, drove without lights and even arrived late to the court. She got conviction that sends her doing time in jail! Who am I talking about? Paris Hilton, I doubt even a jail conviction hurts her career, why would David's one drunken night has to do anything, he's not even sent doing time in jail for his actions... :roll:
(/edit)

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sat May 05, 2007 10:55 am

Read about it on my local news station's web site but didn't know the video was actually on YouTube. How could it have gotten there if it was supposed to be in the family? Someone leaked it but who?

Doesn't matter... I won't watch it. In fact, his divorce, alcoholism, etc. is really none of anyone's business. That's the thing with being a celebrity - people dig for dirt and then spread it around about you and make your private life public until you go literally bananas. It's enough to DRIVE someone to drink! It's crazy.

He and his family have a right to privacy. I don't care what he does offscreen. That's his business. He's a good actor and entertainer and all I can do is hope for the best and enjoy the work he does.

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Sun May 06, 2007 9:45 am

Well said, Fuzzie Dice! Thank you.

AtariKnight
Operative

Post by AtariKnight » Tue May 08, 2007 2:29 pm

This is sad, But really isn't that big of a deal, Many recovering alcoholics, Suffer relapse.....More often that not, Just when they think they've got it licked.

I Just pity the person, Who felt they had to publicly air the tape, Why people feel compelled to do this type of thing always amazes me?

I'm also certainly glad, That he's wanting to get back on track and put things right!

:D

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Tue May 08, 2007 3:56 pm

It's sad alright and has been turned into a big deal in fact. The daughter wanted to videotape the whole scenario and hopefully put an end to his alcohol abuse. He was then going to watch the video all over again and learn from his mistakes but what happens? Well, two things:

1. The video gets broadcasted on every entertainment show imaginable in the US.

2. He loses the custody of his kids.

Not a very smart way of putting an end to his alcohol abuse. I don't care whether it's somebody else's fault, it's just that this is not the right way of dealing with these kind of problems.

Having that said, I wish him all of success and within a month or two we can hopefully leave this thing behind us and move on...

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Fri May 11, 2007 1:47 am

Thank you Fuzziedice, I couldn't have said better myself. I wholeheartedly agree with you.

snafu
FLAG Recruit

Post by snafu » Fri May 11, 2007 3:28 pm

Yeah, the media crapstorm has been pretty bad over that video, but at least he doesn't screech "It's soooooo unfair!" like Miss Hilton, who keeps doing the SAME junk over and over again and is suprised when she's punished.

A small part of me wonders who gave the video to the media, and if they had a revenge-like reason for doing that.
Heaven, where all QC only has to be run once.

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Fri May 11, 2007 9:01 pm

No comment about the predictable paris hilton; she's not worth her b.s. :? :roll: :lol:
In any case, DH is handling his crap much better. :) :shock: 8) :wink:

AusKnight2K
Operative

Post by AusKnight2K » Sat May 12, 2007 1:05 am

David will get though all this hoo haa media hype rubbish because there are LOTS and LOTS of fans worldwide that will support him all the way.

As for the other person mentioned above, it's about time she got a dosage of reality ... in fact let's not mention her from now on as this thread is about supporting David ...