Ring Of Fire

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Arjun
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Ring Of Fire

Post by Arjun » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:28 am

We've seen the crowd favourite Soul Survivor, but the follow-up episode, Ring OF Fire, is absolutely dreadful. What were the scriptwriters thinking? It's slow-paced, dull, dark and gets far too personal. This was common in most Season 2 episodes, where Michael and KITT were involved in missions they had no business doing. It's a sleep-through.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:12 pm

I'll have to agree. Although the title does make the episode sound like it's a lot more exciting...
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:16 pm

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:54 pm

I have to disagree. For me, Ring of fire was one of the top 10 episodes. It was nice to see some weaknesses of Kitt. It was good to see the way the Cajuns see the "outer world" and to see a character with big dreams (Lyla), yet she knows that those dreams cannot be reached, not making the character a random stupid American.

The episode was far better than Soul Survivor (which I consider a nice episode too but inferior to RoF). It was far more beliveable, it was dark (and all dark KR episodes are cool) and it was about real social problems.

LuvKITT
FLAG Recruit

Post by LuvKITT » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:09 pm

I wasn't a big fan of that episode. Of course I am a big first season fan anyway.

Daemonicus666
Operative

Post by Daemonicus666 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:17 pm

I am agreement this is one of the worst episodes. It is boring as hell and the lame miniature sequences annoyed me greatly. This ranks alongside KNIGHT BEHIND BARS and VOODOO KNIGHT as one of the worst episodes throughout the 4 seasons
"I have special effects of my own. Im going to make you disappear for 20 years man..." - Michael Knight (Halloween Knight)

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:26 pm

I don't think it's too bad episode, in fact I enjoy it. Not my most favourite episode though but it still contains pretty good Knight Rider humour and action. First the April's pyrolastic lamination test scene is funny, the cool car chase that ended to the swamp, Michael attacked by the dogs, KITT getting damaged, April's reaction to dirty KITT totally ignoring Michael's wounds at the end of the episode, etc.

-KITTfan-

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:58 am

(yawn)
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:36 am

Not one of the "great" episodes, but by no means a really bad one. There's still quite a lot about Ring of Fire that I enjoy -- Michael and K.I.T.T.'s banter, and they find themselves in a situation where both of them are weakened a great deal.

I disagree with Arjun, in saying that it was a mission that Michael and K.I.T.T. "had no business doing". Layla was the epitome of "the innocent, the helpless, the powerless", and in the small town of Fleur du Lac, Cray Callan was "above the law" (since his father was the law). This show came from the period when Michael and K.I.T.T. solved smaller, more personal problems, and I feel it was better for it -- more Lone Ranger than James Bond, which the show eventually became.
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:43 pm

I didn't think the "Ring of Fire" episode was so bad at all, and it was one of the better ones.
I do agree with the episode "VooDoo Knight" being a horrible episode, though; it was a screwed way of ending the show. :shock: :? :roll:

greeknight
Rookie

Post by greeknight » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:53 am

Ring of fire was a very nice episode.

Arjun
Operative

Post by Arjun » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:53 am

Did I forget? There was that silly bayou song in one part of the episode, and it carried on far too long. Just like most parts. This one should have been cut down to half an hour and it would still be just right.

As for the mission, we find that the missions in Season 2 are usually rather trivial, or not challenging enough. They're trying to solve too many personal issues, which don't please some fans, who would prefer tough missions or high-octane action, both of which we see in this season as well as around. "Ring Of Fire", "Silent Knight", "Race For Life" are too many such episodes which have these small missions, all in the same season.

Nismogtr21
Recruit

Post by Nismogtr21 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:23 pm

Yeah, season two was the worse out of the 4. IMO, 3 was the best.

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:52 am

The Episode is okay i think but the budget was to low. I mean look, the budget is extremly low that hasselhoff is wearing Nike Shoes :lol: :lol: Look at the much Model Cars. My Fafourite Scene is when the Tree is coming Down. :lol:

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:56 pm

I don't care about the models as such because it fit in with the campness of the show.

But the episode itself is okay. There was a lot of comical moments in it and it also had a sense of excitement ie kitt malfunctioning so what could they do to get out? etc.

The main problem was the story itself which was flat and not as big as the other episodes.