Moviehole.net says Hasselhoff definitely Not involved

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

March2875
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Moviehole.net says Hasselhoff definitely Not involved

Post by March2875 » Wed May 10, 2006 3:49 am

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Wed May 10, 2006 4:13 am

that does not mean anything.
they just published speculation, but it seems that they don't know more than the rest of us from the press release.

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Wed May 10, 2006 4:27 am

I Hope your right. Because when I saw that my heart sank. Ive so badly wanted David involved. I'll see it if He isn't but not with the same interest I would have before.

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Wed May 10, 2006 4:48 am

No more crappy news only if its actually mentioned somewhere that is not a "no name" website
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Wed May 10, 2006 5:32 am

i think of IGNfilmforce as a relyable source, and here's what they have to say about the knight rider film:
http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/706/706031p1.html
when you look at all those different sites that posted about the knight rider deal anouncement they all have in common, that glen larsen and the weinstein company made a deal, that harvey is a big fan of KR and a short description of what KR is about.
that's what was in the official press release, no word for or against david hasselhoff... so anything on this topic is just speculation yet.
no need to damn the movie even before production has started

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Wed May 10, 2006 6:12 am

Certainly not trying to bring a negative light to our movie. . Nobody wants Hasselhoff in it more than me. I posted this because to my Knowledge Moviehole is a legitimate news source. I also agree that IGM Filmforce is a reputable site. IGN Filmforce has gotten a lot of their stories from Moviehole in the past. I do hope it turns out they were just speculating this time.

It would be kind of strange if David was somehow out after we've known for years that He and Glen Larson were in this thing together. Im hoping That David's name isn't mentioned in ties to this deal due to him being so busy with his personal issues that His partner Glen Larson is dealing with it in his temporary absence.

Only time will tell lets keep our fingers crossed.

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Wed May 10, 2006 8:24 am

I guess H'wood made a deal without talking to D. Hasselhoff first and getting his input.
I also think Hollywood is out to make a buck, hence another horrendous movie remake that I'm not interested in. :? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Isn't it the way things go in Hollywood these days? Superficial material before quality films, even a good "Knight Rider" movie? Unfortunately yes.

themarvelous3
Operative

Post by themarvelous3 » Wed May 10, 2006 10:26 am

Knight Rider, Warcraft to Hit Theaters
Which news do you want first, film fans: the latest TV-to-movie remake or the newest video-game-to-movie adaptation? An affected electronic voice is telling me, "Matthew, I would think it smart that you lead with the cunning car." OK. Knight Rider, the 1980s series about K.I.T.T. the talking car, is being brought to the big screen by creator Glen A. Larson and the Weinstein Co. Production is expected to begin next year. In other Hollywood-has-no-original-ideas news, Legendary Pictures has snapped up the film rights to the superpopular World of Warcraft online fantasy video-game franchise.

a friend emails me these updates and they're usyally accurate, but who knows.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed May 10, 2006 11:08 am

Hollywood "ignored" the fans when it decided to redo Battlestar Galactica. And whether or not you like the new series, you can't argue that it isn't a tremendous critcial and pop-culture success.

If they are going the route of creating a new origin story (like Batman Begins), then it makes sense that Hasselhoff would NOT have an on-screen role bigger than a cameo. He might very well still be involved in the production behind the scenes.

Something we need to consider: Hasselhoff could be the one out "looking for a buck". Maybe he wanted too much of a payment or chunk of the profits, and the studio wasn't willing to go that high, so they made a mutual decision that Hasselhoff wouldn't star in the film. At this point we simply don't know. But I don't think it's fair to say that Hollywood only wants a quick buck. It isn't that simple.

J-Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by J-Knight » Wed May 10, 2006 11:59 am

If david and William aren't in it we've got another Knight Rider 2010 on our hands :-(
Devon-"Shall we drink to the start of.."
Michael-"Of what?"
Devon-"One mans Dream"

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed May 10, 2006 12:34 pm

I don't think calling this 2010 is fair. Larson wasn't involved with that or TKR. He wrote the series, and the Pilot, probably on of my favorite KR stories. If we want anyone attached to this film to bring the feeling of Knight Rider as we know and love, I think Larson is essential.

J-Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by J-Knight » Wed May 10, 2006 12:54 pm

Ah yeah i'm sorry for posting that now :-(

It was just in the heat of the moment :lol: reading all this about the possibilities of DH and William not being in it. But I do think Glen will pull through and Bring us a great movie with KITT and David! :D
Devon-"Shall we drink to the start of.."
Michael-"Of what?"
Devon-"One mans Dream"

LuvKITT
FLAG Recruit

Post by LuvKITT » Wed May 10, 2006 1:59 pm

UGGGG...I am getting tired of hearing they are going to "recreate" Knight Rider. That is really bad news if it is true.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed May 10, 2006 9:58 pm

It's not surprising if they do but I would prefer a SERIOUS remake rather than a film that makes fun of the series a'la Dukes of Hazzard (which was actually ok of sorts) and the dreadful Starsky and Hutch.

With everythng being remade, you have to look at things from a business standpoint and the fact is a lot of remakes are succesful in today's movie world or they wouldn't keep churning them out.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu May 11, 2006 12:39 am

I am not sure what to think on this. I don't want a recreation either. But if it must be done, I hope it's done tactfully and that KITT's voice is similar to or is done by William Daniels himself. And yes, I must again say: KARR should be in it too, but as a good guy. :)

Glen Larson does some incredible stuff, so this gives some hope just because he's doing the writing and producing.

Did he write and produce KR2K? I forgot. People say they didn't like it but when I saw it again when the S1 DVDs came out, I actually did like it!

I think we should look at this for the entertainment value. Look at it as if you never heard of KR before and watch it, then decide "was this entertaining?" That's what I would do.

I haven't had time to download any BG eps from iTunes but I did see the free montage they had up recently, and some interviews I think were in it. I can't get used to Starbuck and Boomer as girls though! I hope that they don't make drastic changes like that in KR!

When I have some time I do intend to watch some new BG and see if I like it as much.

I do hope that the new KR movie will have a darker edge to it though.

Also, I remember watching the 60s Batman back in the 70s when it was still being aired. The Adam West/Burt Ward version. I loved it. I saw one of the newer movies I think "Batman Returns" and it had the darker edge to it and all that, and a different Batman. I think no Robin in it. It was revolving around the Joker (was it Batman Returns?) and I enjoyed it.

So I can't tell if I will like the new KR movie or not until I see it. Being into cars and all that, I'm thinking I'll be quite interested in seeing it and getting the DVD of it. :)

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Thu May 11, 2006 3:29 am

Moviehole is a HOLE!!!
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

blondie09
Stranger

Post by blondie09 » Thu May 11, 2006 8:30 am

This movie would not be the same without David Hasselhoff. When I think "Knight Rider", I think David H. and KITT. He has to be a part of this movie for it to be a success.........

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Thu May 11, 2006 8:46 am

screw moviehole...their just lame

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Thu May 11, 2006 11:12 am

FuzzieDice wrote:Also, I remember watching the 60s Batman back in the 70s when it was still being aired. The Adam West/Burt Ward version. I loved it. I saw one of the newer movies I think "Batman Returns" and it had the darker edge to it and all that, and a different Batman. I think no Robin in it. It was revolving around the Joker (was it Batman Returns?) and I enjoyed it.
...the thing we that is I believe that the Batman comics always had a dark tone. The 60's show was not really what the comic had depicted since its creation in 1939. Batman begins (near prefect imho) , the 90's animated series and Burtons Batman (Joker played by Jack Nicholson, Batman by Micheal Keaton) were always considered to be closer to the original comics. Its like the new ninja turtles cartoon, they are closer to the source material but everyone remembers the late 90's cartoon more!

Knight Rider the movie needs to retain its tone from the original pilot, otherwise we'll end up with KR2000, which was lets be honest more serious and with very humour.

I quite liked the Starsky and hutch movie, but I understand fans of the show would not appreciate the tone of the film.

Hasselhoff may not appear? so what it has not stopped the numerous other remakes of TV shows turning into successes.

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu May 11, 2006 3:55 pm

The calling of Hasselhoff is really by the hardcore fans than the general public as I'm sure they wouldn't care less either way.

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Thu May 11, 2006 5:39 pm

Another article on Digispy forum.

Realy the stuff we have been more or less hearing the last few days or so.
But maybe worth a mention.
BTW notice the name of the guy who did the article"Peter Stiff" :lol:
I bet his school life was hell :lol: :lol:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds32749.html

shawn757
Volunteer

Post by shawn757 » Thu May 11, 2006 8:22 pm

This really sucks. What is Knight Rider without DH OR William D.? We asked for Knight rider now we got it but without any original cast members. If this is true I am not going to even watch it!

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Fri May 12, 2006 5:05 am

Skav wrote:The calling of Hasselhoff is really by the hardcore fans than the general public as I'm sure they wouldn't care less either way.
Exactly....and whose to say we may end up with something better :twisted: yeah I know that sounds like heresy but people talked about there only being one James Bond or Batman. I'll be honest I would want Hasselhoff foremost, but it would not detract from my viewing if he was not there.

Sarfraz

LuvKITT
FLAG Recruit

Post by LuvKITT » Fri May 12, 2006 8:01 am

I think most of us devoted KR fans want the origional people. I am not a devoted James Bond fan so I don't care who plays it. When it is something you like then it is ok to get other people, when it is something you totally love then that's when you want the origional people. I am one that totally LOVES the show so it wouldn't be the same without David. I HATED Team KR, I watched the first ep. and couldn't stand it so I never watched it again. You can see that most people didn't care for it either because it only ran one season. I am afraid of what the movie will do to the show's reputation for new viewers but we will just have to see what their plans are for the movie.

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Fri May 12, 2006 12:43 pm

I was just trying to give you an analogy with James Bond.....something that has already happened :roll:

Not many people liked TKR, but this movie has Larson onboard, something TKR didn't. Ultimately it was his idea that made Knight Rider what is initially was. He wrote the pilot and a first few eps of series 1. I'm more comforted by that fact and know he will do whats right for the film.....like he did with the pilot.

Sarfraz