Voodoo Knight

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Skav
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Voodoo Knight

Post by Skav » Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:17 pm

Now that more people have had the chance to see season 4 at it's fullest with the new dvd set, what did you think of this episode?

It gets a bad rap from practically most people but that's more to do with the fact that it's placed as the last episode of the series.

But what of the episode itself?

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:20 pm

I guess it's technically a new concept for the show. But the concept of Voodoo seemed a little cheesy. I also didn't like the fact that Bonnie is inexplicably missing without explanation.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:13 pm

I agree on the cheesiness. The episode borders on comedy and perhaps that's what they were going for?

After the hard edged style to season 4, perhaps they wanted to instill a bit more "tongue in cheek" back into it although to describe it as that would be wrong.

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:33 pm

When I first saw the episode, I really thought there would be another new episode or several coming after it, but I didn't know it was the show's final episode, though...
I think it's a pretty screwed episode, actually, with some good funny lines that saved the episode from being a total clunker.
I missed seeing Bonnie in that episode, however....

themarvelous3
Operative

Post by themarvelous3 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:45 pm

did they know it was going to be the final episode? seems like a crappy thing to do to their fans if so

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:12 pm

themarvelous3 wrote:did they know it was going to be the final episode? seems like a crappy thing to do to their fans if so
That's the thing, they did know. We all know "The Scent Of Roses" should have been the final episode, but what I can't figure out is why that script wasn't written to be the final episode. Perhaps it had to do with shows ending quietly in the 80s, where series finales were not as big of an event as they are nowadays.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:02 am

A lot of shows in the 80's did not seem to have real final episodes. Magnum, P.I. seems to be the only one that did. As for shows such as A-Team, Incredible Hulk, and Highway to Heaven- those just end as if there will be more. Just as we all know for Knight Rider as well. But shows in the 90's such as Quantum Leap, MacGyver, Highlander, and Walker Texas Ranger- they actually indicated no more episodes would be made.