Why wasn't inside of KITT ever sprayed with shell.

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

kittknight1979
Rookie

Why wasn't inside of KITT ever sprayed with shell.

Post by kittknight1979 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:53 pm

Why wasnt the inside of KITT ever sprayed with the molecular bonded shell? Then KITT would not have been destroyed when he went in the acid pit.
Kitt, I need you!

Kaine
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Kaine » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:34 am

maybe it wasn't possible. we've never seen any other material but metal and glass sprayed with the molecular bonding shell. maybe this molecular bonding can only be done with metal and glass, which means it would be impossible to secure the interior with it.
it's just a guess, as far as i know no official explanation was given.

Rossy
Rookie

Post by Rossy » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:36 am

Maybe they Thought what was protected outside would protect anything inside
as if it penetrated the outside then it would surley penatrate inside too
Just a thought

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:39 am

I think Kitt's engine room and trunk was coated with MBS on the inside too. We can see how michael gets rid of bombs by throwing them into Kitt's trunk and nothing happens. That's because of the MBS, I think. As for the engine room, I think it is highly logical. What if Kitt's engine explodes? That would possibly both kill Michael (or anybody sitting insode Kitt) and destroy Kitt's computer too. As for the cockpit, I don't know. Maybe everything would be too hard and stiff so the switches would stuck, Michael could not turn the "wheel, etc...

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:08 am

if the inside of kitt was sprayed with the shell, then "Junk Yard Dog" would never have happend and one of the best episodes ever would never have been made. :D
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**
Please check out my Knight Rider site at
http://www.knightriderforever.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:34 pm

if KITT was sprayed inside I don't think the seats would feel normal or comfortable and it wouldn't work at all I think KITT's trunk was sprayed though since Michael has put a bomb in there before and nothing really happened i am surprised there isn't some sort of box to fit a bomb that would keep it in an isolated place.
Also I doubt KITT's engine would explode it wouldn't be possible because KITT would notice any slight problem with self anyliser and correct the problem.
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"