Parts were you can see somebody driving KITT.

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

kittknight1979
Rookie

Parts were you can see somebody driving KITT.

Post by kittknight1979 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:35 am

There is one good part in Knight of the Rising Sun that I noticed were you can see hands turning the steering wheel when KITT is going to rescue Michaeal and RC. Also some scenes in various episodes although rare show a finger touching the turbo boost when nobody is supposed to be driving KITT. Kind of interesting.
Kitt, I need you!

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Parts were you can see somebody driving KITT.

Post by HungarianKnight » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:08 pm

kittknight1979 wrote:There is one good part in Knight of the Rising Sun that I noticed were you can see hands turning the steering wheel when KITT is going to rescue Michaeal and RC. Also some scenes in various episodes although rare show a finger touching the turbo boost when nobody is supposed to be driving KITT. Kind of interesting.

The finger blooper was in Knight in Retreat (Season 3), it's my favourite blooper. And in Knight of the Phoenix, you can see the hands of the stunt driver when Kitt arrives back to the phone booth after bringing the two thieves to the police station (I think it was cropped in the DVD release, but if you have a good old VHS, you might spot it).

LuvKITT
FLAG Recruit

Re: Parts were you can see somebody driving KITT.

Post by LuvKITT » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:21 pm

HungarianKnight wrote:The finger blooper was in Knight in Retreat (Season 3), it's my favourite blooper. And in Knight of the Phoenix, you can see the hands of the stunt driver when Kitt arrives back to the phone booth after bringing the two thieves to the police station (I think it was cropped in the DVD release, but if you have a good old VHS, you might spot it).
You actually can still see on the DVDs where someone was driving KITT back to Michael at the phone booth. My mom and I were watching it one day with the commentary from Glen and David. My mom said, didn't it look like someone was driving KITT? I said yeah looked like a arm there...hehe.

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit

Post by spyhunter » Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:39 pm

You can see somebody driving KITT almost every time he is supposed to be driving himself, I always wondered why they didn't darken the windows, at least just a little bit to conceal some of it... I mean it is in clear view alot of times...

They should've also darkened the windows when a stunt driver was driving, especially when they are doing SKI Mode, the driver is furiously jerking the wheel and you can see that clearly through the windshield, there were so many times that KITT darkened the windows, why not those times?

SH

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:02 pm

A good shot of one is during the episode

"Short Notice" I think thats the one.

KITT and Michael are in the ghost town. KITT leaves to drop off
the little girl Natalie and when he comes back, he does hi stunt
(no driver) when all is finished, Michaels gives KITT the thumbs up
and good job guesture.

If you look at KITT when he does that, you will see a guy lift up the
fake drivers seat, wave, and put it back down! It's as plain as day!
Brian - Knightdriver.com

MLAM
Operative

Post by MLAM » Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:57 pm

In "Speed Demons"

There is one shot where Michael stops and gets out of the car to Visit the Rider's garage section, but when he shuts the door you can see a hand coming out and it appears to stop the door from shutting so harshly

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:20 pm

You can see the "bump" in the backseat in a lot of the earlier season episodes.

In the 4th season, camera direction was noticeably improved and you could see a lot less of the driver.

However, saying that, in the same season it has the most blatant (at least for me) shot of the stunt guy driving kitt...a scene in KILLER KITT when kitt reverses after driving michael into the hot dog stand.

You can see the pair of hands frantically turning the steering wheel as the car reverses.

But on the whole, it was the earlier seasons where I felt they could have polished up the angles but I guess it is all part of the campy feeling to the show.

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:53 am

its great just how well the PMD Seats worked for the hidden drivers and some of the time you could see a cloth covering the driver the same colour as the seat. In Junkyard Dog they already had one over the seat which worked out perfect for the test run
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"