Knight Sting plot hole

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Akaihiryuu
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Sting plot hole

Post by Akaihiryuu » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:44 pm

This is the episode where they use some plastic coating on top of KITT (that can be conveniently melted by remote) to disguise KITT as a classic car to get him into a rich guy's embassy. That's all well and good, and it would've been acceptable except that there is a seat with a canopy over it...and KITT's voice box and such is hidden behind a false panel in front of that seat. If that had just been a covering on top of KITT, the seat would've been inside his engine bay. If it was KITT's actual seat (which it seems to be when KITT slides the fake panel aside to reveal his real voice box), then why was it black instead of the normal beige, and where was the other seat? They said it was a covering on top of KITT, not modifications that extended to the interior. When Michael hit the button on the remote to melt the covering, normal KITT was left afterwards, no sign of the canopy or the entire fake "seat" area that somehow had KITT's voice box in it. I know you have to suspend disbelief a lot for this show, but this was ridiculous.

Another interesting tidbit about this episode: the ambassador "Simon Carascas" was played by the same actor (Walter Gotell) that played the scientist-terraformer "Kurt Mandl" in the season 1 episode "Home Soil" of Star Trek: TNG. My roommate recognized the actor when I was watching this episode. It seems that the actor died in 1997, according to IMDB. Of course, while on the subject of Star Trek, can't forget that Patricia McPherson played "Ariel" in the season 1 TNG episode "Angel One". I didn't recognize her when I first saw that, and I haven't seen the episode in years, but once I knew it was her it was obvious.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:06 pm

Another plot hole is when Michael put the real canister in the side of KITT, inside a compartment that looked like it was built into the meltable covering, where does that canister and bay go after KITT's covering melted? There's no side compartment like that on KITT's original form. Or did KITT automatically transfer that to maybe the trunk or back seat?
Last edited by FuzzieDice on Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kittknight1979
Rookie

Post by kittknight1979 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:42 am

Good observation. I never noticed.
Kitt, I need you!

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:47 am

Walter Gotell was also on an episode of Miami Vice on S3 and on an early season of the X-Files. I like his acting.

krfan1

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:06 pm

FuzzieDice wrote:Another plot hole is when Michael put the real canister in the side of KITT, inside a compartment that looked like it was built into the meltable covering, where does that canister and bay go after KITT's covering melted? There's no side compartment like that on KITT's original form. Or did KITT automatically transfer that to maybe the trunk or back seat?
listen to the sound effect, that sound is Kitt's window, so he rolled it down and that thing went into it and rolled into his seat. :wink:
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**
Please check out my Knight Rider site at
http://www.knightriderforever.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;