Knight Rider Season 3 Reviews and General comments

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

MLAM
Operative

Post by MLAM » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:33 pm

Lost Knight wrote:Oddly enough, I think the Season 4 "bonus episode," "Knight Of the Rising Sun," is improperly framed. During the opening credits I noticed that some shots appeared to be zoomed in too much or cropped, so I popped in my old VHS tape of some original Season 4 airings to compare, and sure enough there were some framing differences.

Also, I noticed that the color is a little different from that of Season 4's original airings, most noticeably during the opening credits when K.I.T.T. is driving through the desert. In Season 4, the head shot of KITT driving toward the camera had the contrast darkened so as to cover the turn signal blackouts on the front nose. On the DVD, they're clearly visible. No big thing, but it's just something I noticed.
Your definately right about the extreme cropping on the framing, I'll post some caps when I have time, Caps will be taken from the Season 3 set and the Volume 3 Universal playback DVD released here in the UK about 5 years ago now but in certain shots most noticeable in the credits it is zoomed in a lot more than it should be.

Not noticed anything noticeably different about the colour tints, other than being a night and day difference in colour and contrast improvements from old to new.

Nice find though Lost Knight

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:56 pm

I did make it seem as though the color is off on the entire episode; I really only noticed it in that one opening shot where K.I.T.T.'s turn signal blackouts are visible. That one particular head shot was always darkened a bit for the Season 4 openings to cover the blackouts, as KITT no longer had them in that season.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

MLAM
Operative

Post by MLAM » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:08 pm

As promised here are some pics comparing the 2 DVD's

Old R2

New R1

Old

New

Old

New

Old

New

As you can see its zoomed in by a fair amount, it seems to happen on the intro credit sequence though, from the footage i've seen in the main episode itself it seems fine, infact the new DVD showing slightly more picture.

The only shot in the credit sequence that doesn't look cropped is when Devon is pulling off in the Limosine.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:20 pm

Thanks for the shots, MLAM. I'd have posted some myself to back my point, but I don't know how to paste images in threads, and even if I did, my frame of reference was a VHS tape.

I think there's also some evidence up there of the color problems I was talking about. You can see in the shot of K.I.T.T.'s voice modulator that the yellow buttons are a darker tint and the "Normal" light is entirely green, rather than the light on the left being yellow as it's supposed to. The directional compass in the dashboard is also supposed to be yellow, but for whatever reason it appears green on the DVDs.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Julius May
Volunteer

Post by Julius May » Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:33 pm

Hello. I would like to know should I get season 3 and exchange all discs once I get it and get the replacements for season 3 set?
Julius May

KI2000
Rookie

Post by KI2000 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:40 pm

Does anyone have a release date for region 2?
I guess they will fix their mistakes before releasing it ...

sophos77
Rookie

Post by sophos77 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:52 pm

'Universal Playback' has announced that the release date is: 22nd May 2006.

This topic was discussed several times in the forum. Click on the following links for further information:

http://www.knightrideronline.com/phpbb/ ... php?t=8433

http://www.knightrideronline.com/phpbb/ ... php?t=8358

Regards,
Sofoklis

KI2000
Rookie

Post by KI2000 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:50 am

Thanks for the info 8)

GWADA.TYS
Rookie

Post by GWADA.TYS » Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:53 pm

6 june for frenchies 8)
==> SAISON 3

LuvKITT
FLAG Recruit

Post by LuvKITT » Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:34 pm

I thought everything was good on the 3rd season except for that one episode. I noticed the voices were alittle off and no background sound in some places. I wonder why they didn't try to make that better.

G.O.L.I.A.T.H
Volunteer

Post by G.O.L.I.A.T.H » Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:43 am

im about half way through season 3 and the only epiosode that has annoyed me is Knight Of The Chamelon, so far nothing else has come to my attention, such as missing sound effects