Knight Rider 2010

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Arroww'
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider 2010

Post by Arroww' » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:58 pm

Does anyone have a copy of this very rare movie? :?

I must see it to complete my own knight rider culture! :wink:

KARR77
Recruit

Post by KARR77 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:12 pm

good luck finding it on vhs or dvd, i dont think it was ever released in either format.
"if i die i'll take you with me" me

Arroww'
Operative

Post by Arroww' » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:10 pm

KARR77 wrote:good luck finding it on vhs or dvd, i dont think it was ever released in either format.
Thanks for the good luck! I need it! :)

Knight DJ
Volunteer

Post by Knight DJ » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:33 pm

It was definately released in some areas as I've rented it from a local video store on VHS.

To be honest, it was a couple of hours of my life I could do back with!

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:34 pm

No, it wasn't released...(Or, I suppose it was. Perhaps, most of the copies never left the warehouse...let us hope.)

And, no, you do not want this. Trust me.

Here's the plot for Knight Rider 2010...

Michael Knight and KITT return to fight crime in the year 2010. Yada, yada, yada...

Here's what happened to the plot after all the lawyers and such got through with it...

Name: Knight Rider 2010

Plot: [NOT Knight Rider.] Some guy that runs illegals across the Mexico border into the wastelands of the US winds up with a vengeance of some sort. Meanwhile, a woman in one of the dome cities dies and has her mind preserved on a futuristic crystal. The man uses his limited resources from the wastelands and friends to build a rugged car, that has some sort of bullet resistant material (made by the government...space shuttle skin that was discarded) that he got from a scrap yard. Somehow, the crystal, a player for it and the man come together and he installs the crystal and player into the car. It can project her image into the passenger seat and converse with him. And, I think she could interface with the car to drive it. The movie goes on like that.

This was the first episode of many for the original version of the Action Pack series. (I saw Knight Rider 2010 each week in their credits; finger on record button. And, each week, I thought, "NO! Not another Hercules/Bandit episode. I want my Knight Rider." Thankfully, the series changed format right after this one and only episode aired. I was so shocked with what it was. (It became a full blown series of Hercules and Tek Wars. Then, Xena sprang forth and a few other semi-memorable efforts.)

Trust me. You don't want to pay S&H for a cassette with this movie on it.

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:39 pm

Erm...one semi-memorable effort was Team Knight Rider. A series that is like a fan fiction of Knight Rider given a budget and air time.

Knight DJ
Volunteer

Post by Knight DJ » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:48 pm

Oh well, I must have seen it on pay TV then. It was a few years back.

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:02 pm

I do know they released Hercules on to VHS. No idea if any of the other shuffle of shows made it. There were plenty of those Smokey and Bandit episodes to fill tapes up with, after all.

trvsglr
Recruit

Post by trvsglr » Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:04 pm

Knight Rider 2010 was released on VHS but DVD i don't think so. I know this because i have a store bought copy of the movie on VHS. Although since i bought it off e-bay i didnt bother to check the format :( It's PAL and i need NTSC. I am however searching for a good copy of the movie cause for some reason i like it. People call me crazy. Good luck on your search!
Travy

knightridergundam
Operative

Post by knightridergundam » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:36 pm

jup wrote:Erm...one semi-memorable effort was Team Knight Rider. A series that is like a fan fiction of Knight Rider given a budget and air time.
I have never seen Team Knight Rider, what is the show about?
I'm a Geek Squad Agent
Linkin Park fan
AMD Phenom Black-Edition Quad-Code user
and I watch Knight Rider.