1/18 Die Cast KITT Coming In December

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

kitt-x
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by kitt-x » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:03 pm

Yup!! 8)

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:45 am

paulcocu,I love the dashboard monitors you made.They look much more realistic then the the ones it came with.Can you tell me what you used and how you did it?

Tetsu
Recruit

Post by Tetsu » Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:39 pm

Hey guys,
Anyone know where I can find a good picture of KITT's & KARR's correct lisence plates? I'm trying to shrink the image / print it out and mount them onto my KITT, KARR model.
Thanks so much,
Tetsu

paulcocu
Volunteer

Post by paulcocu » Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:45 pm

paulcocu,I love the dashboard monitors you made.They look much more realistic then the the ones it came with.Can you tell me what you used and how you did it?
I painted them with flat black and dark ghost Grey enamel paint. It´s an easy task but you´ve to dismount the dash.
Last edited by paulcocu on Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paulcocu
Volunteer

Post by paulcocu » Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:55 pm

Tetsu wrote:Hey guys,
Anyone know where I can find a good picture of KITT's & KARR's correct lisence plates? I'm trying to shrink the image / print it out and mount them onto my KITT, KARR model.
Thanks so much,
Tetsu
Look at the previous page, I made mine with Karr´s original license plate picture.

DarKSLaiN
Operative

Post by DarKSLaiN » Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:07 pm

ya la estas liando por aqui eh, paul? :D:D:D

all i got to say it´s that the karr of my friend paul it´s super accurate, and the hole of the foglights looks so perfect... , maybe ERTL´ll made a worse model than paul´s one :D!
Last edited by DarKSLaiN on Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rhdaussiekitt
FLAG Recruit

Post by rhdaussiekitt » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:22 am

g'day, what do u guys use to paint the cars ? brushes air brush?
and how do u paint the dash ie all the individial lights?
i just dont know if id have the patience to do all that , i got an ertl model
sitting in a box that needs to be built but i have no ideas on how..
--knightman--

Tetsu
Recruit

Post by Tetsu » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:28 pm

HI guys,
Paulcocu, thanks man. that image wasn't showing before, but now I got it. :wink:
rhdaussiekitt, If you have an airbrush, deffinetely take advantage of it. I'd use an airbrush, especially for large areas that needs to be painted. The paint will go on much smoother, withou brush strokes. (You end up using alot less paint too)
But for tiny areas like the modulator, buttons on the dashboard, I'd use a small brush. I know it takes tremendous amount of patience, but once your done, it'll all be worth it.
Tetsu

paulcocu
Volunteer

Post by paulcocu » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:25 pm

one question: why do kitt-x´s scanner and poisongreen´s scanner run at different speeds? it's for the batteries? knightlight's scanner, I mean.

kitt-x
Rookie

Post by kitt-x » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:53 pm

Mine is going faster because I am using a 9 volt battery to power the unit. It you only use the batteries that come with the car (6 volts I think) the scan effect will run slower. Knightscan's scanner unit runs on 6-20 volts DC.

I hooked it up to a 12 volt source to see how fast it scanned, but there wasn't much difference between 9 and 12 volts.

paulcocu
Volunteer

Post by paulcocu » Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:25 pm

ok, thank you Kitt-x

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:27 pm

I am a true idiot. :x I was showing off my car to a friend last night, when I put on the scanner. today I went to look at the car again. And the freaking scanner was still on. ME AND MY CARELESSNESS!! DAMN! DAMN! DAMN! :x :x :x :x Now the battery is dead! :x :x

500th Post and not a good one. :cry: Make room in the 500 club.
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

Tetsu
Recruit

Post by Tetsu » Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:10 pm

Hey Turbomanknight,
Yo, I feel your pain bro. A couple of nights ago I turned on the scanner to my KITT. I fell asleep and the next morning, the light didn't even come on. But I did buy 40 LR44 batteries off e-bay for like $4. So now I'm totally prepared for the next idiodic move I make.
Tetsu

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:30 pm

Tetsu wrote:Hey Turbomanknight,
Yo, I feel your pain bro. A couple of nights ago I turned on the scanner to my KITT. I fell asleep and the next morning, the light didn't even come on. But I did buy 40 LR44 batteries off e-bay for like $4. So now I'm totally prepared for the next idiodic move I make.
Tetsu
Dude, 40 LR44 batteries for $4 :shock: What a steal!! Well now i got to save some money for some batteries. But I think I might save up for a bowling Ball Hubcap instead. I spent all my money elsewhere. So i got no pocket change. :( Thanks for sharing your story.
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

Tetsu
Recruit

Post by Tetsu » Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:01 pm

hey Guys,
For any of you interested in buying LR44 batteries! This is a seller on E-bay that I've bought 40 LR44 batteries from, and he's maad cool. Very legit and the batteries works great.
Heres a link if you want to check it out. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 42812&rd=1
TurbomanKnight, I know it's none of my business but, are you customising a Trans Am into a KITT? If so, man thats so sweet. I was pretty satisfied with the 1:18 die cats but heck, I wish I had the real deal!
Tetsu

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:06 pm

Tetsu wrote: TurbomanKnight, I know it's none of my business but, are you customising a Trans Am into a KITT? If so, man thats so sweet. I was pretty satisfied with the 1:18 die cats but heck, I wish I had the real deal!
Tetsu
Do you mean a Replica?
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

Tetsu
Recruit

Post by Tetsu » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:25 am

Hey TurbomanKnight,
Yep, the replica was what I meant. Is that what you're working on?
tetsu

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:33 am

Nah, I just have some Turbo casts that i have with three hubcaps. I just need one more. I got them for a great price. On ebay i won an auction for 3 turbocasts with two hubcaps. Then i bought the last wheel from OKC KNIGHT where he through in a free hubcap. I just need the final one.
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

Brian99_1
Volunteer

Post by Brian99_1 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:49 pm

Hi everyone,

I guess I'm a newbie poster here been lurking forever but thought since I've been getting back into knight Rider that I should start posting.

Now to my point I'm thinking of buying one the Ertl KITTs on ebay and I was wondering if it would be safe to do so and is there anything I should watch for.
I mean I live in Atlantic Canada so it's not like we have them in any stores here. Not to mention I've wanted a nice KITT model/toy since I could talk considering as a tiny kid I knew this show only as "KITT car" I didn't care about michael to me it was all about KITT so sufficed to say I REALLY want one of these cars.

Thanks for any help/advice it's REALLY appreaciated
Brian99_1 - Listening to the Best of Don Peake Vol 1 Gotta love it

Tetsu
Recruit

Post by Tetsu » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:08 pm

Hi Guys,
Turbomanknight, I see now. Although owning a replica KITT would be sweet ass!
Hey Brian99_1,
Welcome to the forum. I think the Ertl 1:18 scale KITT is the best KITT model out there right now. I've purchased mine from e-bay and I've had no problems what so ever. Here is the seller who I've purchased from.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 26028&rd=1
It arrived in perfect condition and fairly quick too. Although I understand some people here in the forum weren't as fortunate when they bought theirs from e-bay. (different seller than mine) The only complaint I had with the model was it's front scanner light. It's left/right, right/left movement isn't smooth. It pauses at each end for a split second.
I think it's deffinetely worth the money though.
Hope you get it.
Tetsu

Brian99_1
Volunteer

Post by Brian99_1 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:15 pm

Hey Tetsu Thanks for the advice I took you up on it and bought one from the same seller as you. We'll see if he's as good to me as he was to you.

Thanks
Brian99_1

Tetsu
Recruit

Post by Tetsu » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:54 pm

Hey Brian99_1,
I'm glad you had enough trust in me to go ahead and buy it. I'm sure the seller will treat you well. If you paypal him, he'll ship the next day I believe, at least that was the case with me.
Please let us all know when you receive the KITT. Man, I still remember when I bought mines, the aniticipation to receive it was killing me.
talk to you later bro,
Tetsu

pewter 02ws6
Operative

Post by pewter 02ws6 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:48 pm

you guys are lucky. reviewing his many negative feedbacks, he seems to have a history of sending the wrong item, sending many broken items and sending items weeks after they were paid for. i really get a kick out of his responses to his negative feedbacks. they are all the same. he even had the nerve to leave multiple different but frequently used ones for the same buyer who purchased a few items at the same time from him. here they are:

Reply by deartoy30: WE SUPPLIED TRACKING FOR BUYER.
Reply by deartoy30: NONPAYING BIDDER,NEVER CONTACTED US
Reply by deartoy30: MERCHINDISE RECEIVED BY BUYER,WE HAVE PROOF
Reply by deartoy30: WE DID OUR PART PERFECT AND STILL GOT THIS???
Reply by deartoy30: WE OFFERED EXCHANGE,BUT GOT THIS.

hmmm? now which one is it???
his other commonly used reply to his negative feedbacks is:
DID NOT PAY FOR 30 DAYS ,THAN LEFT THIS FEEDBACK.
i find it odd how there are over 30 people who did not pay him for exactally 30 days......
yet another many complaints from buyers that the item wasn't as described in the auction or they received the wrong item. according to the seller, about 50 people need to get their eyes checked and other responses that they always ship the correct item yet he replied to some of his negatives by saying the wrong item was sent but the buyer never contacted about an exchange. hmmm... they state to never ship the wrong item yet they admit to it in many other responses????
another thing that cracks me up about this guy is that he raped you guys of about $6-$7 on shipping. i constantly sell things on ebay and to ship a 1:18 car by USPS Priority Mail cost only $7.95 w/o insurance at the most. he charges $14????
i'm not poking at you guys. i buy and sell on ebay very often and just can't stand sellers like these and love to expose them for the ripoff and con artists they are. here is a link that explains why so many people get broken items from him. i hope the post office catches on to his antics and has him charged with fraud. read link below.
http://www.geocities.com/showkittyinbr/
lastly, this guy has had about another 50+ negatve feedbacks that were withdrawn and some where poeple jumped the gun and left positive feedback before receiving their items.
my advice it to stay away from this penis in the future and be grateful that you received your cars without any problems.

Brian99_1
Volunteer

Post by Brian99_1 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:04 pm

I just recieved an email from Drtoy and I've been told my KITT will ship tomorrow...
I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
It totally sucks when you get bad merchandise on ebay since you have to pay to send it back but There are only 129 bad reviews against 6697 great or good ones, that's pretty good for any business because sometimes no one is ever happy.

Hopefully I will be able to put my name on the list of the happy customers!!

Brian99_1 - who hates the uncertinty of online shopping

Tetsu
Recruit

Post by Tetsu » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:22 pm

Wow pewter 02ws6,
I did notice all the negative feedbacks of that seller as well. I'm just glad I received mine in perfect condition, and I hope brian99_1 gets his mint too. The $14 in priority shipping was high but I coughed it up because I prefer priority over any other service. (just my opinion) But I do believe it actually cost him like $11 when I received it. I always figured It's just a risk you have to take when it comes to e-baying. I buy & sell things myself and have had both good and bad turnouts. But like in life, I just can't win them all, because no matter what, everyones different and they all have different expectations.
Thanks for posting those negative feedbacks about the seller pewter 02ws6. I really hope that Brian gets his KITT tho, although I don't think there will be a problem.
Tetsu