KR Movie back in development

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

beatle64
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KR Movie back in development

Post by beatle64 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:12 am

This was on Usatoday.com today.

http://www.moviehole.net/news/hasselhof ... _come.html

I can't wait.

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:03 am

Really nice! Hopefully something will come of it...

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:37 am

Here's my thoughts of the new KR movie:

I think the movie should stick with the original Knight Rider idea from the Pilot episode, "One man can make a difference", Michael Knight fighting against today's criminals who operate above the law, to protect the people from all kind of modern day Tanya Walkers.
I also think it should be dated today's world, not future and forget the Team Knight Rider & KR2000 movie.

KITT should be the original '82 TA at least in the beginning of the movie and maybe for continuity's sake be in the same condition as KITT was in 4th season: the 1tv dash & sharp frontnose without turnsignal covers or -indents. I'm not sure if he should have the SPM or C-mode.
The FLAG would still exist but since Devon died, the new FLAG leaders, unexperienced at action field, concentrated now to the space-technology, science and the boring legal paperwork Devon told Michael in the plane at the Pilot episode :lol: That means the "direct action" Knight2000 project where Wilton Knight believed, had been shut down and KITT been put in storage like KARR in TDR.

Michael Knight would've resigned from FLAG when they shut down the Knight2000 project and taken a new job as a crime scene investigator or private investigator and he'd missing the action packed days with KITT 8)

Then some kind of high level crimewave would force FLAG to start that program again and call Michael Knight back to fight against those criminals with his old partner, KITT :D Also FLAG would call Bonnie back to take care of KITT. On second thought, maybe Bonnie would have stayed at FLAG all these years developing cybernetic technology or something.
While the FLAG re-started the program, they'd also start developing with Bonnie's help new, updated KITT and searching new, young guy to fight against the criminals in the future.

Finally, after Michael Knight put the criminals behind bars with KITT's help, the new KITT would be finished and also the new guy would been found to continue Michael's work in the field.
Michael Knight would get the Devon's position at the FLAG to lead the fight against criminals and so would the movie end letting the possible new Knight Rider tv-series continue from there :)
Michael's new position in the FLAG would not prevent him getting into action occasionally, remember Devon got some action too in the original series, for example in No Big Thing.

How's this for a KR movie idea?

-KITTfan-
Last edited by KITTfan on Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arroww'
Operative

Post by Arroww' » Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:47 am

Good ideas KITTfan, but I want KARR to come back! :twisted: :D

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:16 pm

I want KARR to come back, too! And this time as a GOOD guy! :)

Aeneasnu
Recruit

Post by Aeneasnu » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:19 pm

More people of the cast!!

Jack Scalia
Yasmine Bleeth
Joe Inscoe
James Clacke
Dash Mihok
Christopher Stapleton
Lucinda Weist
Brain Howe
Ted Levine
Forbes KB
Gregory Smith
Nicole Neith
Thomas Bo Larsen
T.J. Scott
Carolyn Renee Smith

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0384254/fullcredits

And KARR is coming back!! :D

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:50 pm

Aeneasnu wrote:More people of the cast!!

Jack Scalia
Yasmine Bleeth
Joe Inscoe
James Clacke
Dash Mihok
Christopher Stapleton
Lucinda Weist
Brain Howe
Ted Levine
Forbes KB
Gregory Smith
Nicole Neith
Thomas Bo Larsen
T.J. Scott
Carolyn Renee Smith

at least if there going to lie about a cast already assigned to the film along with the date of the movie being done in 2005, you would think they would have picked actors people have heard of! :P Sorry but I don't buy this for one second. Cool if it was true, but I don't belive it unfortunatly.
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**
Please check out my Knight Rider site at
http://www.knightriderforever.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

citizen_x
Operative

Post by citizen_x » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:34 pm

It's about (goddamn) time!
I'm very pleased to see that Yasmine Bleeth is listed as one of the official cast members :D

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:17 pm

Aeneasnu wrote:More people of the cast!!

Jack Scalia
Yasmine Bleeth
Joe Inscoe
James Clacke
Dash Mihok
Christopher Stapleton
Lucinda Weist
Brain Howe
Ted Levine
Forbes KB
Gregory Smith
Nicole Neith
Thomas Bo Larsen
T.J. Scott
Carolyn Renee Smith

This is NOT reliable info!
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:35 pm

IMDB is a joke! All this person could have done was pick a bunch of random names that are supposedly "actors." And Yasmine Bleeth? The last time I heard she was is rehab for cocaine addiction. :?
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:03 am

Why are you all getting your hopes up on this news. Its the same ol crap
posted all the time, just the list of actors change. None of it is true.

Think about it. If the Hoff is planning this huge world tour as well as his
constant visits overseas, you really think a movie is underway? He
sounds a little booked up right now for anything to even be happening
with the project. Think about it. How can he be on a movie set full
time, tour the world singing about freedom, and so on.

They dont even have a script yet. I doubt we will see anything on this
til sometime late next year. Even then, that giving them the benifit that
they are doing more than just talkig about it. Lots of talk, no action.
How many years can he talk about it. He supposedly JUST got the rights
to it? He said that 2 years ago.

The only way we can believe any news on the film is to see some
actuall on set progress, otherwise, I would take it all with a grain of
salt. Don't mean to sound like a party pooper (as I woudl love to see a
new movie as much as the next guy (or girl) but its time for a reality
check. Am I right?
Brian - Knightdriver.com

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:37 pm

Just because Hasselhoff has the rights to do the movie doesn't mean he needs to dedicate a lot of time to the project himself. It's all about delegation. All it takes is one meeting with some writers to go over general ideas, then they run off and try to hammer out a script, which Hasselhoff could read on a plane. Securing a studio to cough up the money is going to take some more face time, but is still very doable.

Thinking back to when the movie was first announced, was Hasselhoff any less busy? (I honestly don't know, but my guess is it was about the same.) Wasn't he in the middle of doing Jeckyll & Hyde? He still managed to bring Revolution Studios on board and hire some writers.

A Knight Rider movie probably couldn't go into production while David's on tour, but I think the process can still move pretty far forward.

Arroww'
Operative

Post by Arroww' » Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:41 pm

Why are you so pessimistic? IMDB appears to be a good site. For old movies is PERFECT, so should be for the new ones too..... :o 8)

If there will be KARR the movie will be GREAT!!!! :P :twisted: 8)

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:02 pm

I have to disagree with you there, Arrow. IMDB can a good resource, but isn't perfect even for old movies. (It incorrectly says Patricia McPherson is in Men In Black.)

We absolutely know the information for the Knight Rider movie is wrong. At one point, I believe we traced some of the actors to a message someone posted on a "fantasy Knight Rider cast" (with Alexandra Paul? I don't recall the site, sorry.) And the information posted there directly conflicts with what Hasselhoff has been saying.

Arroww'
Operative

Post by Arroww' » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:29 pm

Cast wrong or cast right, I only hope the movie will be very good and KARR will be in. 8) :) :P

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:04 pm

I want KARR to be in it too. :)

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:18 am

FuzzieDice wrote:I want KARR to be in it too. :)
And...don't tell me...as a good guy? :lol: :wink:

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:40 am

:lol: Of course! :lol:

I figured I said it enough that it goes without saying. ;)

PHEONIX_WS6
Recruit

Post by PHEONIX_WS6 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:15 pm

No,no,no.

I think it should be set in present day. Forget picking up where the series left off. the show was cancelled 20 years ago, get over it. Besides, KR2000 ruined that anyway. KITT was dimantled, most of his parts were sold off, (which would piss me off if that was my car) his chip was in some womans head, he became the KIFT, blah blah, blah.
I think it would be cool to base it off of the pilot episode. Don't make it as cheesy, make it a little bit longer and reveal more of a backround for M. Long. Have him be already married and maybe a very young child that he can "never go back to."
Daniels is a great guy but let him sit this one out, save for a cameo appearence. Give KITT a hot chick voice. KITT sounded too, well, feminine, if you know what I mean. A Pontiac Trans Am is no pansy, and one that can shoot missles, lasers, drive itself, jump over anything, can do 300mph, and is bulletproof, among other things, should sound like Scarface or Rebbecca Holden when it speaks. Get rid of the 80's Nintendo sound effects, use a whole new cast. Have the remaining cast members do cameo appearences. I.E, have Hasselhoff be the cop that pulls "Micheal Knight" over. Have him be cool though, and not a bad guy, like the cops turned out to be in the pilot episode. "Hey, I used to have a car just like this..."
The story now would be some young (about age 24-26) car guy/cop buys an old, beat up '82 black and gold T/A, (like how the tv KITT started) and starts fixing it up. Of course it still has the old, crappy, carbed, 150hp, 305 in it. So when he gets it running he gets his doors blown off by just about everything, including ricers. (this will be one of the ongoing jokes of the movie, like how the series had) Make it one in particular, like a highly modified turbo supra or skyline, something "highly respected" in the import world. Micheal Long gets his doors blown off in the beginning of the movie, and the very end he pulls up to the same kid at the same redlight as Micheal Knight and KITT and quite the opposite happens. :D Anyway Long gets caught stumbling upon a major coke deal (for example) while undercover and driving the old rust bucket of a T/A. He gets shot in the face and rescued by the Knight Foundation (enter new cast members) The T/A gets it's makover, and is now known as KITT, it's dash and accessories are consisted military surplus parts mixed in with prototype hardware, since KITTs dash was considered high tech and futuristic in 1982, that wouldn't be the case in 2006/2007. Reveal the new motor as a prototype engine GM is currently working on. Which they are, it would be a supercharged version of the LS7 pumping out 675hp. without the blower it's 505hp. (and this is actually the case in real life too, kids) It's an all aluinum motor that would be 100% streetable and since it's based off of a small block, it will easily fit into KITT's engine bay and under his hood. Have bubb rubb be in it too. this would be the brother that wants to steal KITT. Go to http://www.bubbrubb.com for more details. You have to have a good mix of seriousness and comedy, thats what Hoff wanted in the series and thats what this movie should have. What do you guys think?

Fantine
Operative

Post by Fantine » Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:38 pm

Oh, no Hot-Voiced Female Kitt. That cliche has been done to death in Hollywood....the sultry voiced female computer....

Kitt was cool because even though he looked like some sort of wicked machine he had a gentle voice and personality.

But that's just MHO. :) And I guess I just like listening to guys with accents talk.....mmmmm......pleasant.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:30 am

Whatever anyone's opinion is on what the new movie should be, I'm thinking that they should concentrate on the plot more than the car's abilities. It was a lot easier to "wow" an audience back in 1982 because even things like LEDs had never been seen in cars before. Unless they revolutionize automobiles all over again, I'm not sure that the general audience will be too impressed.

As things are today, even if they did, audiences are much tougher to impress nowadays. Personally, any time I'm impressed by a movie (which is extremely rare with the unoriginal remake/biography/sequel crap that dominates the market), it's by how clever the plot is and how things tie in together. If David Hasselhoff and Glen Larson can pull that off without missing the point that this should be a fun action movie, it should be fine.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:09 am

Lost Knight wrote:It was a lot easier to "wow" an audience back in 1982 because even things like LEDs had never been seen in cars before.
Well, I do know starting in 1984, the Pontiac 6000 STE had a digital LED dashboard. Whether it got inspired by Knight Rider or not, is something I'm not sure.

And I definitely think KITT did NOT have a very feminine voice and shouldn't have. He's great the way he is! :)

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:08 pm

FuzzieDice wrote:Well, I do know starting in 1984, the Pontiac 6000 STE had a digital LED dashboard. Whether it got inspired by Knight Rider or not, is something I'm not sure.
Cars like that are actually the reason behind K.I.T.T.'s 3rd/4th season dashboard. The producers knew modern cars we becoming more advanced and they had to keep KITT a step ahead.