Knight Rider Costume

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

LoneKnight
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider Costume

Post by LoneKnight » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:51 am

So yesterday I had to go over to Target and pick up a garden hose for this pressure washer I'm using to clean off our back patio. Before I did, I often perused the electronics clearance section of Target to find some good deals (Grand Theft Auto: Vice City for less than $10), and I noticed that Target was already setting out their Halloween merchandise.

I decided to walk through this section and notice a few new things, specifically the new lighted lawn ornaments in shapes of Halloween cats, creepy trees, etc.

They also had some new costumes out. These were pretty cheap, obviously, but I remember seeing a face mask of Napolean Dynamite (with a pair of glasses), a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles costume, etc.

So as I kept looking, they had hanging in the aisle a Magnum P.I. costume, with mustache, hat, glasses, lei, and Hawaiian print shirt. "Funny," I thought. I looked around some more and found other nostalgic 80's characters that you could dress up as. Then I thought to myself, "Y'know, Knight Rider is always getting the short end of the stick. Very little has come out to give appreciation to KITT and Michael..." Just as I said this, I looked up, and there it was:

The cardboard plaque showed KITT and a shot of Michael. There was a really craptacular looking leather jacket complete with "Knight Rider" and a picture of KITT on the back of it. The package included a mini-afro wig, and a cardboard cutout with an elastic band to resemble Michael's watch, which also had KITT sounds everytime you pressed it.

It was the funniest thing I had ever seen.

So, if you wanna be Michael for Halloween, get down to your local Target.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:35 pm

There have already been two threads about this. Funny enough, this particular topic seems to get overlooked each time, lol. I think you can find the other threads related to this down the page a little bit, or on the next one. :wink: