Knight Rider Halloween Costume

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

theevolved1
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider Halloween Costume

Post by theevolved1 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:45 pm

Hey guys long time no chat... Sorry Ive just been busy with work lately. I was at Target today and happened to be browsing through the Halloween costumes... and then I saw it....

THE HOFF!!!!! They had a section for Adult costumes that were from Old 80's Tv shows and one of them was Knight Rider. If I had the money to spare I definatly would have bought it. It comes with a Pleather Jacket that says Knight Rider and has KITT on the back a Hoff Wig, and a Really huge ugly watch thats way too big to look even real that when you press it has a few kitt phrases. Actually sounds quite real though. It cost 34.99 I believe or maybe it was 39.99 Im not sure. I took a few pics of it on my camera phone but I dont have a data transfer cable yet but Im gonna be getting one in the next few days. So once I get them I will post the pics here for you all to check it out.
Funny TKR Quote

*bling*
"Maintanence Please Report to the Recreation Room.... The Jukebox is Jammed on Moonlight at the Oasis."

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Re: Knight Rider Halloween Costume

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:44 pm

theevolved1 wrote:Hey guys long time no chat... Sorry Ive just been busy with work lately. I was at Target today and happened to be browsing through the Halloween costumes... and then I saw it....

THE HOFF!!!!! They had a section for Adult costumes that were from Old 80's Tv shows and one of them was Knight Rider. If I had the money to spare I definatly would have bought it. It comes with a Pleather Jacket that says Knight Rider and has KITT on the back a Hoff Wig, and a Really huge ugly watch thats way too big to look even real that when you press it has a few kitt phrases. Actually sounds quite real though. It cost 34.99 I believe or maybe it was 39.99 Im not sure. I took a few pics of it on my camera phone but I dont have a data transfer cable yet but Im gonna be getting one in the next few days. So once I get them I will post the pics here for you all to check it out.
Well, thank you for the tease. Just kidding. :wink: Looking forward to seeing this one...

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:47 pm

I'm sort of curious as to where that nickname for D. Hasselhoff, as in "The Hoff" came from, and who coined it first...
Anyhow, enjoy your D. Hasselhoff costume and have fun with it!

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:37 pm

Yeah, I started a thread on this last night already. I also have a picture of the costume that I will post up ASAP. Might wanna merge these threads since they're the exact same thing...

http://www.knightrideronline.com/phpbb/ ... 2ece8e8f7d

oppenca2
Operative

Post by oppenca2 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:57 pm

I couldnt find the costume on Targets website... you say its in stores?

Phoenix915
Operative

Post by Phoenix915 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:08 pm

Ta-dah!

Gotta say...I am a little underwhelmed. The jacket looks nice though.Here's the link to an e-Bay auction for the costume, although the starting bid is very expensive. (I love the write-up for the auction--you can tell the guy auctioning it's a fan.)
Last edited by Phoenix915 on Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:18 pm

That's a costume? Geez, how about at least a "K" belt buckle from Season 1. I could buy a real leather jacket more accurate-looking than that! I guess it has to say "Knight Rider" on it so that people realize it's actually a costume. Oh, yeah...the acid-wash jean style thing wasn't exactly "invented" in the '80s. Hopefully those just belong to the model. So...I guess the Comlink and wig are all I'd really need? Of course, the wig has wavy hair as opposed to David's curly hair, but who'd notice?

theevolved1
Operative

Post by theevolved1 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:52 pm

Sorry I didnt realize someone had already posted this... I was so excited to tell you guys that I didnt even look. I dont think he had to be so rude about it though. :? I sent a message to the guy thats selling it on Ebay asking him how he expected to sell something for that high of a price when a person could walk into target and get it for 40 bucks.
Funny TKR Quote

*bling*
"Maintanence Please Report to the Recreation Room.... The Jukebox is Jammed on Moonlight at the Oasis."

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:23 am

That HAIR! :lol: :lol: :lol: man, that doesn't look too accurate. But hey, it's a costume. :)

Do they have one of KITT or KARR? Dryden wants to go as KARR, actually. (Just kidding ;) )

oppenca2
Operative

Post by oppenca2 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:28 am

Love that costume!!!!

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:57 pm

I have wondered if any place sold a real jacket that could match in the past.

Never know quite what will come out on a yearly basis. Glad to see the retro look is in on the 80s.

I may have to buy...just to.

ad227529
Rookie

Post by ad227529 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:41 pm

so, i went a looked at the costume on ebay. the starting bid is $10 higher than the store price. that i dont mind (though he could offer free shipping for that) but was astounded to see the Buy it Now price a whopping $150. WHAT? couldnt you just spend the $3 on gas to get one from the store for $110 cheaper? so i wrote him:
OR...you could just drive down to any Target, Meijer, or WalMart and get the EXACT same thing for $40. but whatever.
and he replied:
Seven58o,

Sure not a problem. I hope you get one at target for 40 bucks and support Knight Rider. I am offering this worldwide, so that FOR MANY KR fans in the UK or Germany or anywhere who don't have targets, have the opportunity to own this great collectible.
I am charging 20 dollars more to buy it on the 1st bid, to cover my end on the 7 dollar auction costs with my auction listing options, and the gas and effort I put into getting the items, Gas as you know is crazy expensive now.
There are also towns in the US without targets. So I am marking it up to cover my costs and hopefully a few dollars (less than 10 at this point) profit for my work as a middle man. I don't think that is unfair or rude.
Seeing it that way, how do you feel? I am curious, I don't sell often, and thought I was being fair.

Regards,
Farleyfanzo
ok. fair enough. but really, if that's his take on it, you'd think he'd be willing to ask a lower buy it now price or just not have one. so i wrote:

i'm sorry, maybe my math skills arent as keen as yours...how is your "Buy it Now" price of $150, only a $10 mark up from Target's $40? and since Target (or any other store who sells it) HAS to pay Universal for the right to profit from it, how is buying it from a retail store for $110 less not supporting Knight Rider? and how is paying for your gas supporting it?

any clarification on this would be greatly appreciated. a few of us fans were curious.
now i realize i'm not the most unsarcastic person when it comes to writing emails, but was i out of line? it just seems extreme to me.

maybe i'm wrong.

(and yes, i realize when he said a $10 mark up he was referring to the starting bid NOT the buy it now.)

(and also yes, in re-reading his response i realize that he wasnt saying i wasnt supporting Knight Rider by buying at Target...oh well)
Last edited by ad227529 on Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:45 pm

Some sellers are fools. :roll:
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

oppenca2
Operative

Post by oppenca2 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:29 pm

Seven dollar auction fee? Hmmm. I wonder if it really is? I sell on ebay and I dont think its quite $7 to list, maybe after item sells for $150?? With all the paypal & ebay fees? But I find the bantor back and forth(between you two) so funny! :lol: Its always fun to make a buck on ebay, but I dont know as that costume would sell for that much. NOW, someone should design a homemade costume with the belt buckle from season one, a better black jacket, and some of the other ideas you guys have come up with. THAT might bring in a better price (plus it would be much cooler!) I still want to go to Target to see the costume, but seeing as Im female, it just wouldnt look good on me :D ! If anyone gets one, take your photo in it, post the photo here!!!!

Phoenix915
Operative

Post by Phoenix915 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:36 pm

It's simple: the seller wants to make as big a profit as he can off this. If someone does go for the 'Buy It Now', his $35 magically turns into $115. A lot of sellers on eBay will go to stores and hoard items that have just come out and/or aren't widely available and sell them for grossly inflated prices.

While it is a pretty decent costume, it's definately not worth $150.

(On an totally unrelated note, today's my 17th birthday. Whoo! :D)

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:00 pm

I'll try to remember to go to a Target, tomorrow. Who knows...I might actually buy.

ad227529
Rookie

Post by ad227529 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:38 pm

i havent checked back but he wrote again after i admitted to misreading his last message and he said he lowered the buy it now price to i think $10 over the first bid price. seems like a nice enough guy.

oppenca2
Operative

Post by oppenca2 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:45 am

wow, now thats nice if he did. Is he a member of this board? Im going to have to check out this costume at target.

OKC KNIGHT
Operative

Post by OKC KNIGHT » Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:18 am

Perfect timing my car will have the exterior done by Halloween,I might actually dress up as Micheal knight and drive around in kitt. :lol: 8)
Specializing in 1982-1992 Firebird/Trans Am Parts since 2002 and the ONLY seller of High Quality KITT Taillight blackouts

My contact Dmcman108@yahoo.com

ad227529
Rookie

Post by ad227529 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:49 am

OKC KNIGHT wrote:Perfect timing my car will have the exterior done by Halloween,I might actually dress up as Micheal knight and drive around in kitt. :lol: 8)
sweeeeet. hopefully next year for me.

theevolved1
Operative

Post by theevolved1 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:51 pm

I emailed him and he sent me that same exact response about how he hopes i get one for 40 bucks at target.
Funny TKR Quote

*bling*

oppenca2
Operative

Post by oppenca2 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:23 pm

OKC KNIGHT wrote:Perfect timing my car will have the exterior done by Halloween,I might actually dress up as Micheal knight and drive around in kitt. :lol: 8)
If you do, please post a pict!!! We gotta see this! :D

OKC KNIGHT
Operative

Post by OKC KNIGHT » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:33 pm

oppenca2 wrote:
If you do, please post a pict!!! We gotta see this! :D
Trust me i will :wink:
Specializing in 1982-1992 Firebird/Trans Am Parts since 2002 and the ONLY seller of High Quality KITT Taillight blackouts

My contact Dmcman108@yahoo.com

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:51 pm

I have gone over to the nearby Target and they do have the costume. A bit much on my plate, cash wise, this week. So, I just bought a half payment via a gift card. In a couple weeks, I'll put down the other half. I highly doubt they will have sold out by then. But, if so, there are other branches...

Photos to come.

Fantine
Operative

Post by Fantine » Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:04 pm

My local Target is **Sold Out** of the Knight Rider Costumes. :) I went so I could look at one and see how neat it was.

They have all the other 80's costumes...but KR is **SOLD OUT**.

Actually, I'm kind of happy about that. Means there is a healthy local fan base. :D