ALBINO K.I.T.T. - DESTROYED K.I.T.T. (KITT WHITE)

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

xcorv
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

ALBINO K.I.T.T. - DESTROYED K.I.T.T. (KITT WHITE)

Post by xcorv » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:22 pm

Hello Im from southamerica so please excuse my english.

I would like to know the name of the episode where kitt had an accident
and is painted white to make a road test first.
And in how many episodes kitt was destroyed

Thank you...

Ricardo

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:45 pm

The episode is called Junk Yard Dog (Episode 55) from the third season. I don't know how many times Kitt was destroyed for sure but according to my experience it has to be around 5 or 6 times or maybe 7 depending on how you define destroyed!
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

ad227529
Rookie

Post by ad227529 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:52 pm

Knight-Armen wrote:The episode is called Junk Yard Dog (Episode 55) from the third season. I don't know how many times Kitt was destroyed for sure but according to my experience it has to be around 5 or 6 times or maybe 7 depending on how you define destroyed!
and it is interesting to note that while it took an entire team of top scientists along with bonnie to rebuild him in that episode, when he was destroyed later in the show, RC and his street gang not only were able to do and do it quickly, they also made him a convertible if i remember correctly.

xcorv
Volunteer

Post by xcorv » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:44 pm

thank you very much!!

I posted this today.. and today you answer me.
"answer in super persuit mode"
thank you again.

PD DO you know any web page where you can find Kitts replicas?
I have tried a lot but its kind of hard for me.

greetings...

ricardo

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:07 pm

Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:32 pm

ad227529 wrote:and it is interesting to note that while it took an entire team of top scientists along with bonnie to rebuild him in that episode, when he was destroyed later in the show, RC and his street gang not only were able to do and do it quickly, they also made him a convertible if i remember correctly.
That's because the destruction in "Junk Yard Dog" was the worst of them all. The acid left nothing but an empty shell and therefore, K.I.T.T.'s systems and all his electronics had to be re-created from scratch. In "Knight Of the Juggernaut," RC3 and his gang were able to work with existing parts and refurbish them with the help of Bonnie.

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:05 pm

in "Knight of the Juggernaut" only the outer shell was destroyed, the electronics, which are the harder part to build were nearly all intact.
in "junkyard dog" everything what was left of Kitt was the shell, in fact Kitt was gone.
to reproduce the CPU and all the electronics they needed computer scientists, while refitting the shell can be done by every ordinary car mechanic, and it seems that RC's gang had some talented boys.

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:46 pm

Lost Knight wrote:
ad227529 wrote:and it is interesting to note that while it took an entire team of top scientists along with bonnie to rebuild him in that episode, when he was destroyed later in the show, RC and his street gang not only were able to do and do it quickly, they also made him a convertible if i remember correctly.
That's because the destruction in "Junk Yard Dog" was the worst of them all. The acid left nothing but an empty shell and therefore, K.I.T.T.'s systems and all his electronics had to be re-created from scratch. In "Knight Of the Juggernaut," RC3 and his gang were able to work with existing parts and refurbish them with the help of Bonnie.
I don't know. I think I would rather rebuild all his systems from scratch than pound out all those dents. I wonder if RC's crew "borrowed" parts from nearby cars?

Daemonicus666
Operative

Post by Daemonicus666 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:56 am

Here is a few pics of KITT without his molecular bonded shell from the episode 'Junkyard Dog'

"I have special effects of my own. Im going to make you disappear for 20 years man..." - Michael Knight (Halloween Knight)

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:08 am

Army_F_Body wrote:I don't know. I think I would rather rebuild all his systems from scratch than pound out all those dents. I wonder if RC's crew "borrowed" parts from nearby cars?
I would agree, but they were pressed for time in the episode. Also, they were in Chicago and not their normal headquarters, so they had to kind of improvise with what they had available at the time. As for parts from other cars, I don't see any way that RC3's crew could have gotten by without doing that. Under normal circumstances (like every other time K.I.T.T. was destroyed), I'm sure they'd utilize more of Knight Industries' technology.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:01 am

I wonder... if KITT was completely "gone" then how did he know what had happened to him in the acid pit to the point of being so hesitant in the tests? Did they happen to have a backup of his memory and experiences, his "essense" and then just added that to it? Still, KITT would have at least lost the experience information, wouldn't he? If he was "gone" how would they have reprogrammed in his actual experience of being in the acid pit? I haven't seen that show in years so I don't remember the details...

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:11 pm

I have this theory that KITT had a radio-type data link with the Foundation going as often as was possible. My basis being from the KARR episodes, where KITT brings up someone broadcasting on his private carrier frequency. It would most certainly be one way of giving KITT access to any less important memory storage at any given moment. It could also be a vital entry point for Bonnie/April or any hackers who just happen to be tuned in and know how to work with the frequencies (Was his name Randy?) to manually override the K2000's basic commands. (KITT, the AI, was a separate CPU that worked, albeit a little remotely, with the electronics aboard the K2000. A modern version might be how multiple computers can LAN together. Each doing their own things...yet communicating with each other.) Such a juncture would keep KITT from being reset to an earlier...or extremely early, version of himself.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:04 pm

Which does sound plausable because in Soul Survivor, KITT wasn't even IN the car and he was still KITT. And in TKR, KITT was supposedly housed in a dome-like object. In KR2K he was in two different cars, after being a mess of circuits on a workbench.

But, if they had "scrapped" KITT in KR2K, how could he have "networked" to other computers and be himself again?

Also, KARR, which was thought to be deactivated, had problems with being inactive all that time in the storage. You'd think someone would still KNOW his 'brain' was active? I say this because KITT, when deactivated in A Good Knight's Work (season 2) mentioned being upset by not being able to move or speak when he was deactivated. Meaning he was still "alive" even though the car wasn't.

So what your saying does seem to fall in line with all this - that the AI is truely separate from the vehicle itself.

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:09 pm

FuzzieDice wrote:Which does sound plausable because in Soul Survivor, KITT wasn't even IN the car and he was still KITT. And in TKR, KITT was supposedly housed in a dome-like object. In KR2K he was in two different cars, after being a mess of circuits on a workbench.

But, if they had "scrapped" KITT in KR2K, how could he have "networked" to other computers and be himself again?

Also, KARR, which was thought to be deactivated, had problems with being inactive all that time in the storage. You'd think someone would still KNOW his 'brain' was active? I say this because KITT, when deactivated in A Good Knight's Work (season 2) mentioned being upset by not being able to move or speak when he was deactivated. Meaning he was still "alive" even though the car wasn't.

So what your saying does seem to fall in line with all this - that the AI is truely separate from the vehicle itself.
In Soul Survivor, we get to see KITT's 'brain'. It's this box that had flashy lights, made a sound and was rectangular. (Though, how Michael 'felt his presence' still baffles me. All I can use to draw this conclusion is that being in the pilot's seat all those months would subconsciously allow Michael to constantly hear said sound...and being such a unique sound, Michael heard it from such a distance away in the quiet area between the house and open door of the garage...not even realizing that it was a sound...and explaining it as a sort of sixth sense. I've heard that when one drives something long enough, they can recognize every little creak and sound the vehicle usually makes by heart...)

I like how some of the newest Apple Macintosh computers reflect KITT's CPU. The things are tiny and solid units. (I think even sealed) Just stash them anywhere and hook the power/monitor/keyboard/mouse to it. So much power; so contained. Truly a KR future prediction.

As for KR2K...I rather hate to even call that revival movie Cannon. It was it's own thing that just happened to have KR stars playing their old characters...loosely...in it. There was no way that "KITT" circuit board on the table housed KITT's personality. The thing wouldn't have fit into the already established brain box. We never saw KITT with a true mechanical eye like that, neither. (Granted, there had to be some sort of visuals...to get all those shots shown on the monitor. On the flip side, those monitors pulled off some interesting to impossible points of view...so, maybe not.) The very movie does mention that KITT is missing so much memory, though. And, at least this makes sense. Remember, when Bonnie joined the Helios (SP?) Club and she pulled out boards from under the dash to blank KITT's recent memory? In another episode, KITT makes mention of having all this memory to work with, on board...and how more was added on a regular basis. It was going into ports on the K2000 and not directly into KITT's brain box. KITT was accessing such memory, for all intents and purposes, remotely.

So, apart of being himself was stuck inside that box. But, not all of it. A fair amount of what he 'knew' was elsewhere on board...and probably the lower priority knowledge was stored via frequency link, back at FLAG H.Q., right along with backup of the RAM on board.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:56 am

I can relate to the sound-of-the-car being familiar. Sometimes I forget Dryden's sewing-machine/helicopter-like sound of that tough Iron Duker he's got under the hood... until something "just doesn't sound right" (only to find, it was nothing serious... just a sound I didn't notice before because the windows were DOWN and he was echoing off things :) ) Or the creaks and groans as he turns, or the door creaks (I got the WD-40... not to get my lazy butt out there and actually do some spraying. :) )

Sometimes I could even "sense" when my car wants my attention... or wants to just set in the parking space and not really wanting to go anywhere. :) And the sputtering of the engine when I go looking at a dovetail (2nd Gen T/A) or another car, or other oddities. :) If you really love your car, you'd be surprise what it can "tell" you. :)

I like your analysis, jup. :) In fact, this could be a very cool idea for AIs in general, like the shared-computing thing like SETI, AIs could share knowledge. Imagine... a borg-like "Hive" conscienceness. Maybe KITT had sorta like that type of thing going on in tandem with other computers...

But, if that was so, why did April and Bonnie have to "program" KITT with knowledge on some missions?

(Oh geez, now here I go asking questions again... but this is quite fascinating. :) )

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:15 am

FuzzieDice wrote:If you really love your car, you'd be surprise what it can "tell" you. :)
I will always remember the time that my old VW wanted to pretend that it had a turbo...and, then it 'super charged' on the freeway. (I guess it was momentarily feeling like a Herbie...or something. I say that because by letting off the gas pedal...it only went faster. Later, I found out that it was a valve that had malfunctioned and it was recycling it's own flamable vapers, enriching the fuel mixture for more power.) It also had another special message to give. It turned on the 'Fasten seat belts' light while the "turbo" feature just created itself out of nowhere.

Thankfully, traffic was light when it decided to pretend that it could go fast. So...no accidents...and no cops.
I like your analysis, jup. :) In fact, this could be a very cool idea for AIs in general, like the shared-computing thing like SETI, AIs could share knowledge. Imagine... a borg-like "Hive" conscienceness. Maybe KITT had sorta like that type of thing going on in tandem with other computers...

But, if that was so, why did April and Bonnie have to "program" KITT with knowledge on some missions?

(Oh geez, now here I go asking questions again... but this is quite fascinating. :) )
Remember...KITT was, for all intents and purposes, one of a kind. All the other computers around were mere toys in comparison. There was even an incident or two where KITT could be described as embarased to interface with other machines. Even the internet was barely in existance. Being an AI back then doesn't mean that you automatically knew everything. KITT still needed to be schooled, in a sense, by Bonnie and April and Michael. (Remember the time he didn't know what a Cable Car was?)

Now, today's AI with access to this great database of facts, fictions and all the etc. that abounds on the net could become far greater then the sum of it's whole. Poor KITT probably couldn't even get an arcade perfect copy of Pac-Man (Oh...I'm letting a KR 2000 joke slip in...not good.) from the computers he could contact.

kido
Operative

Post by kido » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:11 pm

I always think that Kitt would use the other computer as a library.
jup:
I will always remember the time that my old VW wanted to pretend that it had a turbo...and, then it 'super charged' on the freeway. (I guess it was momentarily feeling like a Herbie...or something. I say that because by letting off the gas pedal...it only went faster. Later, I found out that it was a valve that had malfunctioned and it was recycling it's own flamable vapers, enriching the fuel mixture for more power.) It also had another special message to give. It turned on the 'Fasten seat belts' light while the "turbo" feature just created itself out of nowhere
Sounds fun! :lol: At least it wanted you to be safe.
Knight Industries Defence One

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:48 pm

jup wrote: I will always remember the time that my old VW wanted to pretend that it had a turbo...It turned on the 'Fasten seat belts' light while the "turbo" feature just created itself out of nowhere.
:lol: I think you should have named him "Herbie". Sounds just like him. :D My car, Dryden, has done some rather interesting things too. As if he "knew" what I needed or wanted at the time. Or to stop me from getting into mischief. :lol: Oh I could tell some stories. :)
jup wrote: Remember...KITT was, for all intents and purposes, one of a kind. All the other computers around were mere toys in comparison. There was even an incident or two where KITT could be described as embarased to interface with other machines.
:lol: :oops: :kittspin:

I remember in Soul Survivor KITT didn't like the idea of Michael peering into the kid's computer, warning him that computers are personal.
jup wrote: Being an AI back then doesn't mean that you automatically knew everything. KITT still needed to be schooled, in a sense, by Bonnie and April and Michael. (Remember the time he didn't know what a Cable Car was?)

Now, today's AI with access to this great database of facts, fictions and all the etc. that abounds on the net could become far greater then the sum of it's whole.
Actually, even AIs today (well, we are talking expert systems and chatbots, as they haven't come up with a real, true, actual artificial life form yet) have to be schooled and taught. Though many come with a default database of some kind, much like your word processors come with spell checkers but still don't know some of the common words you're used to using or even your own name. I don't know of any intelligent-type systems that are using a shared online database type thing yet. They might be out there but they are more obscure if they are, and not the norm. I'm currently working with the assistant program Ultra Hal Assistant 5, which is more than a chatbot, but has been used for things like robots (and yes even robot cars!) and computer assistants. It's based on a scripting language, can read and learn from texts and even look things up on the internet based on keywords if you ask it to. There's others I've seen that are rather interesting as well. Some chatbots have been known to chat with each other as well, but the conversations haven't been very beneficial to either, I've heard. KITT (in concept) is still way ahead of his time, even in the 21st century. :) And, KITT learned fast and developed his own unique personality rather quickly, I'd say.