T-shirts, Knight Rider Inspired, Need your vote!

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

T-shirts, Knight Rider Inspired, Need your vote!

Post by neps » Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:01 pm

Hey Guys and Gals,

I've been wanting for awhile to make some Knight Rider inspired t-shirts and the proceeds from said shirts would help maintain the cost of this site. However, creating t-shirts is a lot of out of cost options - and they really didn't provide the options that would work for me, like Cafepress, where the only shirts they offer you are light colors.

A friend turned me onto threadless.com. You post your design, the viewers vote on it, and the best voted t-shirts get made. I've purchased a couple of their t-shirts and they were really great quality, so I thought it might be a good place to try and get some done.

I've submitted a couple of designs, that have just gone up to the voting process. I wanted t-shirts that weren't glaringly Knight Rider, something that referenced the show, and only the people that knew the series would get it. As you can see on the pages, some people just don't get it but a couple do.

If you guys could go over there and sign up and vote, that would be fantastic. I believe you need over 100 votes in the first 24 hours in order to stay in the running, but the vote itself lasts 7 days. After that period the company decides from the top votes who wins.

And yes, you have to sign up for a free account to vote, but I haven't gotten spam from them, so your millage may vary. In the effort of full disclosure, yes, there is a $1000 value prize for any winning shirt. The $750 cash will go to the site for it's web hosting for the next couple of years, and the $250 store credit, I will promise to use towards giving out t-shirts to the group here in a contest giveaway.

Let me know your thoughts, and thanks for voting if you can. We don't make any profit off of KRO, any moneys we receive from the affiliate links, goes right back into the site, always.

And most importantly, threadless.com does limited edition runs of the shirts, so when and if it wins, you will have a collectors item available to purchase and or win

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:29 pm

I've joined and have cast my vote. Good luck neps! 8)

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:54 pm

If I had voted, I'd have gone with the first design....

Phoenix915
Operative

Post by Phoenix915 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:34 pm

I joined (and voted) too. Good luck! :D

Knight224
Operative

Post by Knight224 » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:46 pm

They are both really cool! Good luck!
Knight Rider 2day 2morrow 4ever

Leaving the forum May 3, 2006. (Losing internet connection.) Thanks for all the wonderful memories!!! -- Dropped in Feb 18, 2008 to say 'hi'.