Score CD's

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Score CD's

Post by K.I.T.T » Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:02 pm

So who has both, Don Peake and Stu Philips CD's? And how do you rate them both? I sadly only have Stu Philips CD, still not got around to getting Don Peakes CD. Though i do love Don's work, would everyone high recommend it? Those who have both would love to hear what you think of both of them.

Nick

trooper TK-WHA??
Rookie

Post by trooper TK-WHA?? » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:16 pm

I have the Don Peake CD and I think it's a great compilation.The clarity is amazing.I think Scent of Roses is my favorite track.That haunting melody really stands out for me.Even though the disc doesn't contain the opening theme,it doesn't detract from the listening experience.If you're familiar with the episodes it contains,it makes for an even more satisfying listen.Hope this helps.
If only I had a nickel for every time someone cut me off on the parkway and wished for a Turbo-Boost or Micro-jammer...

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:11 pm

Sorry, but I don't have either one at this time, since I can't afford to buy CDs at all these days....

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:21 am

trooper TK-WHA?? wrote:Even though the disc doesn't contain the opening theme,it doesn't detract from the listening experience.

Really? Is this due to it being originall done by Stu Philips? I was aware of Don doing his updated version of the theme each season, thought he would have added that to the disc. At some point i must get his......

Nick

tharpdevenport
Operative

Post by tharpdevenport » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:35 pm

I have them both. and while I love them both, I think I have more fun listening to the Don Peake CD. No offense Stu!

And the clearity on the Peake one isn't that great. The Hi-Tech Records (boot?) had much better sound. In fact, some of the tracks on this Hitchcock release have cue pieces that don't sound so great, varying sound, and what sounds to me like the DVD edits of the final score used!

If they do indeed make a second one from Hitchcock, they should get whoever mastered the Hi-Tech Record CD to do the mastering this time around.

Also, on a slightly related note, the Hitchcock CD has a better selection than the Hi-Tech Records CD.

But please note, do not skip getting Stu Phillips CD! It is a must have, and because Knight Rider is a world-wide hit, it will likely sell out faster than most FSM CDs (dickwad eBay guys buying it up as a "collector's item").
And when things appeared to get better, they got worse, and everyday was a day to cry.