Stealth a must see...

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

rusti_knight
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Stealth a must see...

Post by rusti_knight » Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:07 am

...for any of you KR fans.

No lacking in the eyecandy/AI talking scenes here. It's very KR-esque and even has a bit of story to it. Screw the reviewers, it's a good movie.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:42 am

Hot meneuverings! :) Hey, those planes remind me of the real-life military dart-shape black planes I don't know what they are called. They look like big black triangles. I remember way back when they were in top-secret development and people saw them in test and they had photos of them in UFO magazines. :lol:

I wonder if they ever got the saucer perfected? I don't really hear much about them anymore other than occasional UFO reports. I don't see how a saucer can really fly though. :?

This movie looks quite good. Something like a combo of Battlestar Galactica and Knight Rider. :)

rusti_knight
Operative

Post by rusti_knight » Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:02 pm

FuzzieDice wrote:Hot meneuverings! :) Hey, those planes remind me of the real-life military dart-shape black planes I don't know what they are called. They look like big black triangles. I remember way back when they were in top-secret development and people saw them in test and they had photos of them in UFO magazines. :lol:
Ironically, if I remember correctly, those are known as Stealth planes. ;)

tkr9
Operative

Post by tkr9 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:24 pm

The unseeable radar invisible indestructable stealth aircraft... which was obviously VERY visible and not quite so stealthy as was thought - one was shot down in Bosnia a few years ago. May be because they are big, black and make an awful lot of noise...

Knight 52
Volunteer

Post by Knight 52 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:31 pm

I saw Stealth, great movie, great effects. :D

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:57 pm

Ironic they are called "Stealth" - true, in more than one way. ;)

I can't really get to theatres so I'll wait for the DVD. That and Herbie: Fully Loaded are my wishes. :)

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:35 pm

I think the movie deserves some points alone just for not being another $%%#@% remake!

rusti_knight
Operative

Post by rusti_knight » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:44 pm

Well...barring the KvK scene after the credits, the Kitt-like voice, the Karr-like survival mandate, the Shortcircuit-like lightning strike and the Top Gun atmosphere.

;)

It was a fun melting pot.
[Rus] What makes you think you've got what it takes to tame me anyway?
[Beast] ~sly naughty grin~ Experienced handling.

--From RP
DevArt: http://rusti-knight.deviantart.com

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:58 pm

Stop that, now you got me drooling and wanting to see it right NOW! :P I won't be surprised if this one eventually hits the top of the box office. I love these types of movies.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:00 pm

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/stealth/

Sony's own site on their movie - enter to win a Pontiac! More coincidences? :shock: Way cool, if you ask me. :)

Phoenix915
Operative

Post by Phoenix915 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:05 pm

When I was on vacation, the local critic absolutely ravaged the film in general. Eventually, he said 'The scene where the AI goes crazy is supposed to be reminecent of HAL in '2001', but winds up more like the moronic banter of 'Knightrider'.'

Yes, that typo was in there. :? I'll admit that 'KR' is not be the most intelligent show ever made, but that's a bit harsh. :(

rusti_knight
Operative

Post by rusti_knight » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:28 pm

Yeah, I really can't get over how the critics are shredding this movie. I loved it, and I just might go see it again. I wouldn't even go so far as to call it cheesy, it's not, really, at no point did I find myself embarassed for the characters.

The single biggest KR comparison I drew in the movie was Eddie=Karr from TDR. In a "be careful what you teach a blank slate" sort of way.
[Rus] What makes you think you've got what it takes to tame me anyway?
[Beast] ~sly naughty grin~ Experienced handling.

--From RP
DevArt: http://rusti-knight.deviantart.com

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:16 am

Phoenix915 wrote:When I was on vacation, the local critic absolutely ravaged the film in general. Eventually, he said 'The scene where the AI goes crazy is supposed to be reminecent of HAL in '2001', but winds up more like the moronic banter of 'Knightrider'.'
Heh. Someone should write him: "How about your moronic typing of Knight Rider?"
Last edited by Lost Knight on Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:19 am

rusti_knight wrote:Well...barring the KvK scene after the credits, the Kitt-like voice, the Karr-like survival mandate, the Shortcircuit-like lightning strike and the Top Gun atmosphere.

;)

It was a fun melting pot.
You're right, it does seem to borrow elements of other movies, but technically it isn't a remake. :) Given what Hollywood has been throwing at us the past few years (seems like 8 out of 10 movies are remakes!), it makes this film seem original. By the way, did I mention that I'm fed up with every other movie being a remake or sequel? :twisted:

TheKnightFox
Operative

Post by TheKnightFox » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:59 pm

well, we all knew that would happen someday, right; where producers just do a lot of remakes?

I saw stealth the day it came out. The second showing. It was awesome. Edi's pretty cool. I thought the movie turned out GREAT.
"when you're one of a kind, companionship does not compute." KITT
PROJECT RESTORATION. A fic for KITT and KARR: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2396303/1/

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:22 pm

BTW, I do vaguely recall something about military drone planes and didn't one of those get shot down recently? In fact, there's an article about a UCAV here. He/it doesn't look like EDI but pretty wierd if you ask me. If I saw one, who knows, I'd just wave "hi" and DUCK! :lol: :P

I'm not be surprised because way back in the 70s when my dad liked to fly model airplanes well... there was all kinds of planes, including gliders. I loved the gliders because they didn't have propellers which I was afraid would cut me up if a plane crashed into me, especially after the propeller of my dad's plane cut up his finger and blood was all over his hand. That scared the hell out of me. :lol:

I also hate helicopters as I keep dreaming off and on that they chase me. :shock:

TheKnightFox
Operative

Post by TheKnightFox » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:49 pm

i'm sorry to hear that scared you fuzzie dice! too bad you're a little scared of helicoptes becuase of that.

gliders make me air sick...

but helicopters...i'm learning how to fly one. i at least hope to get a private lisence....and uh...ill try my hardest not to stop blabbering about helicopters. i just love how the fly and uh....*shuts mouth with hand*
PROJECT RESTORATION. A fic for KITT and KARR: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2396303/1/

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:53 pm

Helicopters are cool, they enable you to take off and land in such small areas...quite handy in emergency rescue operations. Countless lives have been saved by this engineering marvel that can reach places airplanes and ordinary vehicles cannot reach. :wink:

TheKnightFox
Operative

Post by TheKnightFox » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:22 pm

*randomly releases her own hand from mouth*

Of course! and I love how they fly...the feeling apart from other aircrafts is just so...unique.

*quickly slaps hand back over mouth*

*mentally yells to self: no getting off subject. no heli-blabber!*

eh heh...pardon me :)

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:27 pm

:lol: We had one on a wire that we flew on the kitchen floor in circles. Scared the daylights out of me. Anything with propellers/rotors... I don't want to be minced up, if you know what I mean. Scary! And, I did have dreams of jets and airplanes crashing into my house, etc. but I never am afraid of them. When the Thunderbirds were going to an airshow near my area, they would fly overhead and make a lot of noise. I HAD to go out and see them. :) Pretty cool!
Last edited by FuzzieDice on Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Knight Storm
Rookie

Post by Knight Storm » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:21 am

I just saw that movie Sunday! I loved it :D I really have no idea why the critics are being so harsh though it really is a shame. Many people hear it an don't go see it, when it will turn out to be a great movie.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:04 pm

TiVo lets you watch the first 4 minutes of the movie. I watched the preview, and it sort of had a made-for-tv movie feel to it. Not saying that's a bad thing, it's just that it looked more liek a $4 rental than a $10 movie ticket. Probably looks better on the big screen, might be a fun matinee.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

rusti_knight
Operative

Post by rusti_knight » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:13 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:TiVo lets you watch the first 4 minutes of the movie. I watched the preview, and it sort of had a made-for-tv movie feel to it. Not saying that's a bad thing, it's just that it looked more liek a $4 rental than a $10 movie ticket. Probably looks better on the big screen, might be a fun matinee.
The first four minutes are sort of retarded, if you ask me. Eddie doesn't come in until nearly 15 minutes in. It's a fun ride on the big screen, but I've always liked those sorts of movies (read: Days of Thunder, Top Gun, etc.).

It was well worth my $7 ticket and my $8 popcorn and soda, at least I thought so, anyway. It takes a few turns that you don't really see coming, and it's been a while since I've been to a movie I couldn't predict. (See Batman Begins: You know he's going to win in the end, it's simply a matter of getting there...I sat through Stealth wondering just what the hell was going to happen...nothing was a given.)

I'm sure you, of all people, could at least appreciate the special effects, Mike. ;)

TheKnightFox
Operative

Post by TheKnightFox » Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:32 am

i agree.

half the time i was wondering what would happen to Eddi more than i was the characters O_O...

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:58 pm

rusti_knight wrote:I'm sure you, of all people, could at least appreciate the special effects, Mike. ;)
I do enjoy some good eye-candy on the big screen! I'm glad to hear what you said about the opening scene - how the rest of the movie is different. Definitely makes me want to see it more now.