How and when did you start watching Knight Rider?

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

rulloa81
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

How and when did you start watching Knight Rider?

Post by rulloa81 » Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:41 pm

How did you get introduced to watching the show and how did you get attached? and when?

I was introduced to it by my dad around the year '88 or 89' I was about 6 years old. (BTW I don't remember watching it on NBC I began to watch the show after it was ended) My cousin was a huge fan of the show and he told me all the details about it. Another good reason for me to be a fan of the show was that KTLA (Los Angeles CH 5) aired it everyday so I didn't have to wait a whole week to see the next episode.

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:04 pm

I watched some cool new movie of the week with my Grandfather in 1982 that featured my Dad's car at the time. Was hooked ever since.

hot knight
Operative

Post by hot knight » Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:44 pm

I can remember watching it over my grandmothers every weekend. I know I was in high school, 84 or 85 maybe, not too sure of the year. I was hooked the very first time I saw it I loved it. Back then I think it was mMichael Knight, I thought he was the hottest, now I think it's KITT. I feel like he just one of the gang. I think I feel for him like I do my pets, and my pets are very important to me. I'll do anything for them they are part of the family.

TheKnightFox
Operative

Post by TheKnightFox » Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:26 am

i remember watching knight rider every once in a while durring my younger teenage years, say eleven twelve or thirteen. but it felt like it was so long ago i can't remember! and i can't remember what episodes i saw though some scenes, bits and pieces from the first season i remember.

it didn't help for some time they stopped showing knight rider completely!

for many years there was never a peep about knight rider out of me. till this forum snapped the knight rider side of me back to life.

since i first saw knight rider, i also, might i add; created a character (a human character) that still sticks with me in my writing, shes the main character of a book that i dream to write, and becuase of KITT, KITT is hard to forget and hence knight rider has become attached to me, so to speak. its a little confusing, but to me its very significant.

knight rider is part of my 'childhood'...so to speak. long live knight rider :D
"when you're one of a kind, companionship does not compute." KITT
PROJECT RESTORATION. A fic for KITT and KARR: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2396303/1/

KnightRiderXR7
Volunteer

Post by KnightRiderXR7 » Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:10 am

I caught most of the original episodes as they aired, or so my mother tells me, I do remember watching it very young. My mom was a fan of the show but I really got hooked on it as a youngster. I remember the last episode that I watched when it first aired was "Knight of the Juggernaut" and something happened and we had to leave right after KITT was nearly destroyed, I was too young to really know what was going on, and it actually gave me nightmares for weeks after-ward. It was only a few months ago when I was playing around with my new DVR and was looking for something else when I discovered the SciFi Marathon's and I almost caught myself where I left off back when I was like 4, only this time I actually could follow and understand what was going on LOL.

Now I have both DVD sets and I'm anxiously awaiting the rest, and I still watch the marathon's, I always take that day off to enjoy the show I used to love as a kid.

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:13 am

I remember watching it when I was like 5-ish. It was when USA was showing the reruns. I can remember the part of KOTP where Devon tells Michael to hit KITT's hood with the hammer. I can recall Devon taking it into his own hands. I can also remember that part of Soul Survivor where Michael finds KITT's CPU in the trash can. And he's talking to it. Man, those were the good ol' days.
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

karenin
Volunteer

Post by karenin » Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:47 am

I think I was sth around 6 or 7 when I first came in touch with the 80ies serials (besides knight rider, also a-team and batman & robin, esp.)... but I was more hooked on KR than on every other serial and I watched it to death, ev'rytime they screened it on tv I was washing Michael Knight riding his black horse and fighting for the innocent, the helpless, the powerless *GGGGGGGG*

and now: I got it on dvd and can watch it day in and dayout, as often I want :)

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:20 am

I think I started watching early 1983 or late 1982, awhile after "Knight Rider" began, but I didn't watch the show when it first started.
My brother was into computers, so he introduced the show to me, and I've been a fan since.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:25 pm

I was about 16 back then and just out of school (bad school so I left at 15 to home school). I was in art school at the time, actually. But anyway, my dad would watch a lot of TV after work. And usually he liked the Sci-Fi and adventure stuff. Cars were always a favorite thing at the house as he worked on cars too. I used to build model kits as early as age 7 I think. Anyway, I was also into computers back then as well. So when Knight Rider was being advertised as the new series and a 2hr. movie, we had to watch it. I was hooked from Day 1. :)

Then I got away from it shortly after they stopped airing it. Also we saw the KR2000 movie and didn't like it (though I have it on Season One DVD and didn't think it was too bad after seeing it a second time). We even saw the first Team Knight Rider but I don't remember it, nor did I remember liking it. My dad would watch it though. I was miffed that KITT wasn't on TV anymore so I just didn't watch it. From age 16 - 19 (when KR was on) I was also schooling and then from age 17 up I was working Age 19 I started learning to drive via a driving school.

I don't know how but the past year or so I got into Knight Rider again. Sometimes I guess I liked to look up things I used to like when I was a kid and see if there's anything still around about the old shows I used to watch. I got re-hooked on Knight Rider again. :)
Last edited by FuzzieDice on Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lauzzy81
Recruit

Post by Lauzzy81 » Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:51 pm

I cant't remember how I started to watch knight Rider, but I remember that the whole family saw it every Thuesday night when it was on, it was of those few shows that the whole family saw together!!! :lol:

walter h. anderson
FLAG Recruit

Post by walter h. anderson » Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:11 am

I was introduced to the dangerous world of Knight Rider by a friend in third grade. He was drawing a picture of a black car jumping over some bad guys. He told me of a show called Knight Rider on Friday nights on NBC that featured a really cool car that talks. Ever since that time, it's been with me in my heart.

K.A.R.R. Crazed
Volunteer

Post by K.A.R.R. Crazed » Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:21 am

Well as soon as I saw the first seasons premier, I was Hooked (I was about 8 years old)

This was about the time that my family was starting to fall apart :(
...an Wow, I became so Obsessed with Knight Rider, that I almost fail the third grade, it was all that I thought or would talk about, an had to receive all kinds of counseling at school.

Knight Rider, help me throw one of the worst times of my life, an Knight Rider was always there for me, when no one else was.

sjsharp2005
Recruit

Post by sjsharp2005 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:03 am

I first started watching Knight Rider when I was young and have always been interested in computers and technology and I quite enjoye watching it when it was on Since then I have bought the first 2 seasons and can't wait for Seasons 3 and 4 to be released with it

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:14 pm

I vaguely remember first watching Knight Rider when I was about 3 with my brother. I was too young to really understand what was going on so all I knew is that there was a black car with tv screens that said things. Then around 94, 95 when USA starting showing KR is when I really got into it. Knight Rider was on every week day from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm (2 episodes a day) and I never missed it. I actually remember eating dinner in front of the TV when it was on. Then I saw it a couple years ago when they had it on Sci-Fi at 5:00 and then bought season 1 and 2.
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:54 pm

I vaguely remember watching the older episodes around '83-'84 because I just got the Voice Car as a gift. My uncle had taped some Season 4 episodes ("Killer K.I.T.T."-"Hills Of Fire"), and I would watch that over & over. My more recent memories were from those Season 4 episodes.

oppenca2
Operative

Post by oppenca2 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:50 pm

I had to be around 10, my parents watched it, then I got hooked. Still love the show.... (though not SPM- personal dislike of it) I watched it through about the 8th or 9th grades...until it was cancelled. That was a shame.
Cant wait for the next two seasons and the new MOVIE- hope its great.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:08 pm

I was a Dukes fan and thought it was stupid that NBC was doing another show about a car. I thought that with the name "Knight" in the title there would be some sort of lance that would come out of the car and the driver would go around jousting with other cars.

Of course, that was based just on the little teasers we saw. Once I knew the car was going to talk, that brought it to a whole new level.

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:35 pm

I'm not sure exactly of the year, but i was born in 1983 and i watched when i was young so I probably must have watched the re-runs.

Does anyone know when Knight Rider has been shown in the UK (terrestial TV)? as i must have been too young for the first time round. Although my brother was the right age towards the end and i did watch a lot with him apparently, and i have vague recollections of other 80s programmes like the A-Team and Thundercats.

I think I liked the digital exactness of KITT and that has influenced me to this day (I would only ever wear a digital watch, i've studied computer science, etc) I know i was probably too young but i still think it planted something in my mind.

I have only recently lately (past few years) got back into it when i got Sky and realised Bravo were showing it.

GWADA.TYS
Rookie

Post by GWADA.TYS » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:36 am

At the first diffusion on TV in France in the middle on the 80's (I don't remember exactly :roll: ), I was born in 1980 so about 5 years :wink:

Phoenix915
Operative

Post by Phoenix915 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:51 pm

When I was channel-surfing on June 23 last summer, I saw 'A Plush Ride' on Sci-Fi. I was instantly hooked. :D I fell in love with KITT right off the bat--it took be a little longer to warm up to Mikey. (Probably my least favorite 80's show staple is 'Young, sexy, single woman follows hero for one episode and is never seen again.' Seems awfully sloppy to me. I think, somewhere, there's another dimension where all these ladies disappear to as soon as Mikey drives away.)
Best of all, the Sci-Fi Channel put it on at 9:00 am, so it fell during the 'lag zone' between when my parents left for work and when my little sister got out of bed, so I didn't have to put up with smarmy remarks from her about watching a cheesy 80's action show. No one knew I watched it. (Actually, they still don't, with the exception of my father. I asked permission to use his Amazon acount to order the KITT diecast and the KR novels, but he seems not to remember about them now. :? But I do like keeping 'KR' my little secret. :wink: )
I watched it faithfully until they took it off their daily schedule. Stupid poo-heads. :P Around that time, the first season DVD set was announced, so I was slightly less bummed, but still, there was something I liked about being able to see an episode first thing in the morning. Marathons just weren't the same, although once when I was feeling sick I stayed home on a marathon day. It made me feel a great deal better, I think. :wink:

Michelle
Rookie

Post by Michelle » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:16 am

I found it in one of the weirdest ways possible!! I was just channel flipping and I saw KR on SciFi!! It was just a random marathon that was on. I saw David and here is the wierd part. I only saw his hand!!! I kep flipping when it clicked in my head. I went back and saw the rest of the episode. I'm not sure which one it was. All I remember in someone tried to bury Micahel alive, by himself. I found out when the next marathon was on and have been hooked ofr about two years!
Michael: It can end here if you let it. (Race for Life 2:16)