Ring Of Fire

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Universal-Insider
Volunteer

Ring Of Fire

Post by Universal-Insider » Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:47 pm

for me this has to be my favourite episode of knight rider, please post what you think about this episode i have also uploaded the episode tease for Ring of Fire and its very good quality.

LEFT CLICK THE LINK BELOW:
http://s9.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2TDWP ... R3UZJG9IA6

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Knight-Armen » Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:45 pm

Ring Of Fire is quite good, but not the best if you ask me. It's mainly about the bad guy's starting a fire in the woods. When Michael comes to the crimescene to investigate he's notices a black guy (can't remember his name) saving a rabbit from that fire. Later on when Michael is chasing after the bad guy's vehicle he get's stucked in the woods beacuse of Kitt's poor tracktion. So in order for them to catch the bad guy Bonnie creates a robot called "Sid" to go where Kitt cannot go. That's what the story is all about. I think the robot "Sid" ruins it all. I mean, Kitt is the super equipment. He should have gotten some offroad tyres or somethin'!
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:49 pm

Oh I'm sorry!!! Don't mind my topic about Ring Of Fire. This message was not to be sended to this topic. Sorry
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:43 pm

Definetely one of the underdogs of the series.

Good episode, witty and funny scenes of seeing kitt being degraded physically as he was, one of the more realistic ones of the series.

marctronixx
Recruit

Post by marctronixx » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:24 am

i think it was smart to have the powers that be show that KIIT was not indestructable and that the car could not do everything. i think this kept the series closer to relaity and more believeable imo...

tkr9
Operative

Post by tkr9 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:25 am

And the bunny WAS really cute and cuddly.

Stringfellow Hawke
Rookie

Re: Ring Of Fire

Post by Stringfellow Hawke » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:37 am

Universal-Insider wrote:for me this has to be my favourite episode of knight rider, please post what you think about this episode i have also uploaded the episode tease for Ring of Fire and its very good quality.

LEFT CLICK THE LINK BELOW:
http://s9.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2TDWP ... R3UZJG9IA6
It is an excellent episode, which sees our hereos in a very unfamilar, unique and different enviornment and situation, which they are not used to, and certainly not well-adapted for.

Btw, if you can host the teaser-trailers for the episodes, how come you can't include them on the actual DVD's? I don't get it.

tkr9
Operative

Post by tkr9 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:03 pm

Speaking of which, why would anyone design a supercar like KITT and NOT give it 4 wheel drive traction!!!!!!! Of all the things you'd actually need, proper off-roading capabilities would be on the very top of the list.

"Well Michael, you're fine, so long as the criminals stick to well used thoroughfares, preferably those made of tarmac. If they go up steep slopes, through forest fires, over pits of strong chemical cocktails, water or, in fact, anything but good 'ol macadam, you're stumped"

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:15 pm

Uh, aren't you confusing "Hills of Fire" with "Ring of Fire"?
"Hills of Fire" was about a kid being wrongly accused of arson, and "Ring of Fire" happened in a bayou, which are two different episodes completely!
I hope this helps clear things up for you.....

Arjun
Operative

Post by Arjun » Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:33 am

RATING: 11%. Another episode the show could do without. It was slow-paced, dull and dragged on too long. Not to mention, Michael and KITT had to suffer the ignominy of solving what looked a personal problem. The acting was no great shakes, and except for the sequence where a ring of fire erupted, the whole episode was awful, just like that silly Bayou song that played on too long.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:01 pm

Arjun wrote:RATING: 11%. Another episode the show could do without. It was slow-paced, dull and dragged on too long. Not to mention, Michael and KITT had to suffer the ignominy of solving what looked a personal problem. The acting was no great shakes, and except for the sequence where a ring of fire erupted, the whole episode was awful, just like that silly Bayou song that played on too long.
Yep. What he said.