KITT in Newsweek

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KITT in Newsweek

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:01 pm

The July 4th issue of NEwsweek has a blurb on "Car Celebs". They kind of jump the gun a bit by saying KITT will be in a new film this year, but it's still good to see him included.

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:36 pm

"Outacted David Hasselhoff in the "Knight Rider" series. But doesn't everybody?"

Poor David...undervalued again as usual. :?

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightshade » Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:15 pm

It's a good thing he seems to have a really thick skin (or a good sense of humor) because he ends up being the butt of a lot of jokes.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:34 am

I think David's acting in KR was really good. I can't see why people are saying those things about him. :?

TheKnightFox
Operative

Post by TheKnightFox » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:26 pm

[quote
FuzzyDice-
]I think David's acting in KR was really good. I can't see why people are saying those things about him. Confused[/quote]

I agree. i think hasselhof is the one and only perfect actor for Michael Knight. honestly, thats just kind of annoying that theyd have that sort of opinion...
"when you're one of a kind, companionship does not compute." KITT
PROJECT RESTORATION. A fic for KITT and KARR: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2396303/1/

Knight224
Operative

Post by Knight224 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:37 pm

I agree too. Not nice.

tkr9
Operative

Post by tkr9 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:24 pm

And he was very young at the time...

But come on, that car could upstage Laurence Olivier! That dry, beautiful wit, nonchalance and elegance... sigh. If only I could find meself a man like that...

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:55 pm

David has a thick skin & sense of humour for a reason. In the end, he's laughing with the success he's had in Knight Rider & even more in his Baywatch endevour.

I'm not sure if this is still true, but at one time, he was the most recognizable celebrity in the world.

I'm sure David's skin thickens everytime he looks into his bank account. :)

TheKnightFox
Operative

Post by TheKnightFox » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:24 pm

lol i'm sure. and i completely agree with you guys.
PROJECT RESTORATION. A fic for KITT and KARR: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2396303/1/

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:44 am

PBH wrote:David has a thick skin & sense of humour for a reason. In the end, he's laughing with the success he's had in Knight Rider & even more in his Baywatch endevour.

I'm not sure if this is still true, but at one time, he was the most recognizable celebrity in the world.

I'm sure David's skin thickens everytime he looks into his bank account. :)
Exactly, when you're that loaded, who cares what people say about you :lol:
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:57 am

FuzzieDice wrote:I think David's acting in KR was really good. I can't see why people are saying those things about him. :?
His acting was really good, but I guess you can't expect the rest of the mainstream to agree since they aren't as passionate about the show. While to us Knight Rider has credibility, to others it is a cheesy '80s action show. It worked, but people think talking car and cheesy acting automatically, no matter how good David's acting was. I hope when this movie is released that it will boost the show's popularity and help it get taken more seriously if its done right.

TheKnightFox
Operative

Post by TheKnightFox » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:04 am

His acting was really good, but I guess you can't expect the rest of the mainstream to agree since they aren't as passionate about the show. While to us Knight Rider has credibility, to others it is a cheesy '80s action show. It worked, but people think talking car and cheesy acting automatically, no matter how good David's acting was. I hope when this movie is released that it will boost the show's popularity and help it get taken more seriously if its done right.
well said. i hope the exact same thing.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:27 am

I think it will, because now hopefully they'll have more technology and effects to wow people. Heck, these days, they can stick a mini-ITX in a Trans Am dash, and build a real working replica that actually is programmed to say the lines! Of course I wouldn't want that. I don't want to let Mr. Daniels off the hook here... he's GOT to do the voice of KITT! It's just the idea knowing he's behind the voice that makes KITT all the more special. :)

As for David's acting, he does great! :) And I just know he'll rock in the new movie when (yes WHEN - I'm holding hope here!) it comes out. :)

TheKnightFox
Operative

Post by TheKnightFox » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:21 pm

which brings me to another point; I couldn't imagine KITT having a different voice other than Daniels! (i mean i could it'd just feel 'awkward' since i'm such a fan of KITT himself) I could live with Michael Knight have a new actor if they insisted, but even then, it just seems more right to keep the voice actors and characters the same. It would definitely make it feel like knight riders still alive (which it is and i'm not saying its popularity isn't), and that just wouldn't be very respectable if they especially changed KITT's voice on us. thats the way it seems, anyway.

KOPP
Rookie

Post by KOPP » Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:12 pm

Lost Knight wrote:
FuzzieDice wrote:I think David's acting in KR was really good. I can't see why people are saying those things about him. :?
People are just as stupid about "Star Trek: The Original Series." They've never even seen more than half an episode, yet they want to be "cool" and just judge the show by stereotypes that are based in NO WAY on reality. Did you know out of 79 original Star Trek episodes, Kirk only kissed 9 girls?? Yet people want to say he's a womanizer. It's just dumb stereotype that people want to think about old shows; just because it's an old show and didn't have computer animation in it, people are willing to believe that it was hokey without even seeing a single episode. They're just stupid and ignorant.

KnightRider2000
Operative

Post by KnightRider2000 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:32 pm

Hmmmmm.........

It says KITT is starring is "headlighting" in a new film this year. At least we know the movie buzz is still alive in some major publication circles.

-KnightRider2000