Knight Rider 2000 material source?

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

ad227529
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider 2000 material source?

Post by ad227529 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:12 pm

in the episode Blind Spot in season 2 (besides there being an overload in the herbie look alikes) KITT says: "It's a humiliating way to go; transformed into a tin can." about the junk yard's car crusher...think thats why he ended up as a can in the movie?

Newcastle knight
Operative

Post by Newcastle knight » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:48 pm

well he wasnt made into a can, devon said the trans am body had been recycled, then you could see all sorts of bits in the big box they are standing in front of.

KITT was disposed of because maddock didnt want to pay the price of storage for the car basically

However in the episode 'Forget me not' michael mentions his high school days and his 56 Chevy he used to have, and in knight rider 2000 he's got another chevy hes restoring.

Scott

tkr9
Operative

Post by tkr9 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:45 pm

Wierd coincidence, I was watching that only this morning on my series 1 boxset. I followed it by watching KR 2000, big mistake, I spent the rest of the afternoon blubbing.

HOW COULD THEY KILL DEVON! :cry: :cry: :cry:

I've never been able to see the X Files since first seeing that KR 2000 without wishing the very worst for Skinner.

ad227529
Rookie

Post by ad227529 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:44 am

Newcastle knight wrote:well he wasnt made into a can, devon said the trans am body had been recycled, then you could see all sorts of bits in the big box they are standing in front of.

KITT was disposed of because maddock didnt want to pay the price of storage for the car basically

However in the episode 'Forget me not' michael mentions his high school days and his 56 Chevy he used to have, and in knight rider 2000 he's got another chevy hes restoring.

Scott
yes but when devon says that he's been recycled, he places a black can of metal down in front of michael that is black with red lettering on it. i would assume the red lettering was supposed to be the Knight 2000 that was on all the toys back then. they screwed everything else up in that movie, why not put the lettering on there that wasnt actually on the car. point is, he WAS turned into a can. at least his body was.

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:30 am

The can Devon places on Michael's workbench is supposed to be Pepsi Cola, circa 2000.

From the script:

Devon appears, walking over with a "Tri-Free" cola in hand -- the cans are taller and narrower now, jet-black with a red-and-silver logo. He offers it to Michael.

DEVON:
It's triglyceride free.

Michael declines with a shake of the head, throwing a switch.

- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchive.com