Knight Rider Season 2 Advert to Air in UK,download it inside

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Universal-Insider
Volunteer

Knight Rider Season 2 Advert to Air in UK,download it inside

Post by Universal-Insider » Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:46 am

i work in universal studios in the uk and have been working on the knight rider season 2 boxset coming out soon here in the uk, in the next week or so a series of adverts advertising knight rider season 2 on dvd will be shown on tv, i have uploaded the 1st advert on to my own server and the download link is below, just remember this advert hasnt been finished completly so the audio might be out of place but please tell me what you think and please moderators dont close this thread as i have uploaded the vid on my own server.
LEFT CLICK THE LINK BELOW:
Mirror 1
http://s11.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1M4K ... PX6VMJEWT

Mirror 2
http://s11.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2Y0X ... AUCDZTPEQ

advent
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Knight Rider Season 2 Advert to Air in UK,download it in

Post by advent » Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:28 am

Universal-Insider wrote:i work in universal studios in the uk and have been working on the knight rider season 2 boxset coming out soon here in the uk, in the next week or so a series of adverts advertising knight rider season 2 on dvd will be shown on tv, i have uploaded the 1st advert on to my own server and the download link is below, just remember this advert hasnt been finished completly so the audio might be out of place but please tell me what you think and please moderators dont close this thread as i have uploaded the vid on my own server.
LEFT CLICK THE LINK BELOW:
Mirror 1
http://s11.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1M4K ... PX6VMJEWT

Mirror 2
http://s11.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2Y0X ... AUCDZTPEQ
What about AIRWOLF SEASON 1 UK R2? Seeing as your UNIVERSAL UK you should be able to dig up some info. As america cannot get it all.

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:05 am

As you are with Universal any word on Season 3 release?

Universal-Insider
Volunteer

Post by Universal-Insider » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:17 am

yes season 3 will be out in u.s.a in . december and febuary for u.k

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:34 am

And how about the music issues for the DVD sets? What's the real reason for removing music on many DVD sets? Yes, fortunately Knight Rider hasn't been subjected to the butchering as bad as other shows because of cover songs... YET. As I understand it, it's an ongoing battle with Universal not wanting to pay again for music it already acquired years ago, but there is a disagreement with the record companies over the word "video" in the original contracts. From what I understand, Universal thinks the word includes DVDs as a form of video and the record companies don't. And if this is true, why do the first seasons of many of this company's television shows include all the original music if it's not to rope fans in to ensure sales?

Stringfellow Hawke
Rookie

Post by Stringfellow Hawke » Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:25 pm

advent wrote:What about AIRWOLF SEASON 1 UK R2? Seeing as your UNIVERSAL UK you should be able to dig up some info. As america cannot get it all.
Aye, do us a favour mate - check about "Airwolf" as well.

advent
Recruit

Post by advent » Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:32 pm

Stringfellow Hawke wrote:
advent wrote:What about AIRWOLF SEASON 1 UK R2? Seeing as your UNIVERSAL UK you should be able to dig up some info. As america cannot get it all.
Aye, do us a favour mate - check about "Airwolf" as well.
Yeah...AIRWOLF SEASON ONE - REGION 2...

When is it coming to the UK?
And is gonna be uncut...? As the opening trailers always get cut!!!

Universal-Insider
Volunteer

Post by Universal-Insider » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:48 am

just like knight rider season 2 region 2 the trailers will be cut, the same for airwolf

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:05 pm

I guess this thread is for selected answers only.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:28 pm

I think you answered your own questions Lost Knight. If the studio has the music rights, they don't alter the DVDs. If they can't get the rights, they make substitutions.

Having the rights to broadcast music in a show is not the same as having the rights to sell it as part of a home video collection. That's where the problem lies.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:55 pm

Yeah, I'm pretty sure what the issues are but I just wanted to hear it from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:00 pm

Thanks for the info about season 3 Universal insider.

I know what I want for Christmas :lol:

advent
Recruit

Post by advent » Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:11 pm

Universal-Insider wrote:just like knight rider season 2 region 2 the trailers will be cut, the same for airwolf
None of the following is an attack on you personally...but your company needs some customer interaction. And also to stop thinking in the frame of mind that we know all...and take what your given attidute.
Give me a good reason why UNIVERSAL have to be cut trailers from the UK sets? [don't reply with they just have to for the sake of cutting them out]

When the region 1 sets get the trailers i.e uncut episodes. Which now I see why so many UK fans buy multi-region dvd players and buy the region 1 sets just to get the full episodes.
All seasons should be uncut. Not cutting bits here and bits there just because it has to done for sake of doing it.
So when the sales are poor produce no more sets and your company will say "...we'll put the sets out and if they fail, move on...! "
The artwork for most of these shows are good but the artwork/packaging should made in the style of the show in order to help sell the product. As UNIVERSAL only care about money. Where as for example PARAMOUNT produce sets in complete season format with total heart and commitment.

WHAT ABOUT A DATE FOR CUT DOWN VERSION OF SEASON 2 OF AIRWOLF FOR THE UK? As this is the 3rd time I have asked.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:02 pm

Where as for example PARAMOUNT produce sets in complete season format with total heart and commitment.
I wouldn't say the same for their dvd movies. They completely suck.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:40 pm

Cool about season 3! I know what I'll be getting later this year too. :)

tkr9
Operative

Post by tkr9 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:44 pm

Is Airworlf season one coming here to the UK or not! Information, people!!!!!!

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:40 pm

advent wrote:None of the following is an attack on you personally...but your company needs some customer interaction. And also to stop thinking in the frame of mind that we know all...and take what your given attidute.
Give me a good reason why UNIVERSAL have to be cut trailers from the UK sets? [don't reply with they just have to for the sake of cutting them out]

When the region 1 sets get the trailers i.e uncut episodes. Which now I see why so many UK fans buy multi-region dvd players and buy the region 1 sets just to get the full episodes.
All seasons should be uncut. Not cutting bits here and bits there just because it has to done for sake of doing it.
So when the sales are poor produce no more sets and your company will say "...we'll put the sets out and if they fail, move on...! "
The artwork for most of these shows are good but the artwork/packaging should made in the style of the show in order to help sell the product. As UNIVERSAL only care about money. Where as for example PARAMOUNT produce sets in complete season format with total heart and commitment.

WHAT ABOUT A DATE FOR CUT DOWN VERSION OF SEASON 2 OF AIRWOLF FOR THE UK? As this is the 3rd time I have asked.
Hey, I feel your pain. I understand how irritating it is when DVD sets are messed around with or don't contain things like teasers or bonus features.

In my opinion, Universal and Paramount are THE worst companies when it comes to putting their shows on DVD. I've looked at some Paramount DVD TV sets like MacGyver for example, and the image quality is sub-par and no bonus features. Universal at least puts bonus features on the first seasons of their sets, but that's about it.

In my opinion, a great studio for TV shows on DVD is Fox Home Entertainment. They go above and beyond on their sets. I was pleased with the care they put into their sets of 24, for example. Rich, crystal clear color, nice packaging, anamorphic widescreen, selected commentary/deleted scenes/alternate takes on episodes, single-sided discs, and, if that wasn't enough, an extra bonus disc with documentaries, commentaries, behind-the-scenes, etc. I also hear Anchor Bay is good with their DVD sets. I wish every company took tips from Fox.

Universal-Insider
Volunteer

Post by Universal-Insider » Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:56 pm

no date for airwolf yet, as it is not in that a high demand as some other shows, im sorry that we cut the trailers from the dvds, as for knight rider dvds, the reason we cut the knight rider trailer into's from the dvds, is because in the u.s.a we put knight rider on double sided discs and they have more capacity so we can fit the trailers on, but in the u.k we only use single sided discs and the dont have such a high capacity, so we cant fit them on, so if you really want the trailers, i suggest you buy the region 1 dvds, thats what i have done as i like the dvds to be complete with all the trailers, but remember season 2 of knight rider is out on dvd in the uk on monday!!!

tkr9
Operative

Post by tkr9 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:15 pm

Double sided disks! Coo! All this new fangled yankie technology!

I can only play region 2's, but I pre-ordered season 2, can't wait. Being a um... graduate (ie.unemployed) means whilst applying for jobs I can spend the rest of my time watching KR - and of course going out occasionally and doing something constructive... now and then.

I have to admit I don't like the preview bits in front of the shows, I don't want to know what happens before it does. I was a wee gal when the series was first on tv, and only saw it on Channel 5ive when they repeated it about four years ago, so I've still only seen a small selection of the episodes. I literally cannot wait to see the one's I haven't seen, as it where!

I know demand for Airwolf isn't high, but believe it or not that could be solved with good old demand side economics - my friends all like Airwolf but wouldn't part with forty odd squid for a boxset, but 15.99 - 20.00 (pound sterling) they would seriously consider it. I know you have to cover your overheads, but it might be worth considering doing deals with them - say buy Battlestar and get a discount on Airwolf, or something.

advent
Recruit

Post by advent » Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:20 am

Universal-Insider wrote:no date for airwolf yet, as it is not in that a high demand as some other shows, im sorry that we cut the trailers from the dvds, as for knight rider dvds, the reason we cut the knight rider trailer into's from the dvds, is because in the u.s.a we put knight rider on double sided discs and they have more capacity so we can fit the trailers on, but in the u.k we only use single sided discs and the dont have such a high capacity, so we cant fit them on, so if you really want the trailers, i suggest you buy the region 1 dvds, thats what i have done as i like the dvds to be complete with all the trailers, but remember season 2 of knight rider is out on dvd in the uk on monday!!!
That's nice but . . . WRONG!!! :evil: Well you know what has to done either everyone in has to buy R1 sets and or R2 sets as well. Or to solve this probblem. Do R2 double sided. So no side gets more or less. :wink:
Another question is why do the UK and USA have different artwork?
What happened to the using the logos and artwork that shows the show off in its own style. As for example using KR's opening desert scene for the cover the opening "Knight Rider" logo for the cover. As I done a cover for the sets myself over on http://www.tv-series.com look in at the following sites called "The Professionals" and "The A-TEAM" go to the multi-media sections. And you'll need to register to view the images.

advent
Recruit

Post by advent » Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:20 am

Universal-Insider wrote:no date for airwolf yet, as it is not in that a high demand as some other shows, im sorry that we cut the trailers from the dvds, as for knight rider dvds, the reason we cut the knight rider trailer into's from the dvds, is because in the u.s.a we put knight rider on double sided discs and they have more capacity so we can fit the trailers on, but in the u.k we only use single sided discs and the dont have such a high capacity, so we cant fit them on, so if you really want the trailers, i suggest you buy the region 1 dvds, thats what i have done as i like the dvds to be complete with all the trailers, but remember season 2 of knight rider is out on dvd in the uk on monday!!!
That's nice but . . . WRONG!!! :evil: Well you know what has to done either everyone in has to buy R1 sets and or R2 sets as well. Or to solve this probblem. Do R2 double sided. So no side gets more or less. :wink:
Another question is why do the UK and USA have different artwork?
What happened to the using the logos and artwork that shows the show off in its own style. As for example using KR's opening desert scene for the cover the opening "Knight Rider" logo for the cover. As I done a cover for the sets myself over on http://www.tv-series.com look in at the following sites called "The Professionals" and "The A-TEAM" go to the multi-media sections. And you'll need to register to view the images.

Stringfellow Hawke
Rookie

Post by Stringfellow Hawke » Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:30 am

What a load of complete b-u-l-l-s-h-i-t!!!

Not enough capacity on single-sided discs for the trailers, when your "Universal-Playback" has released "Magnum, p.i. - Season 1" with the trailers intact, and previous single volume releases, both VHS and DVD, with the trailers!

You'll defintely be loosing alot of profit and sales by not including the trailers, Universal-Insider - DVD's are supposed to contain the uncut versions of all films and television episodes, including teaser-trailers.

tkr9
Operative

Post by tkr9 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:46 pm

And the trailers are on battlestar galactica season disks too.

Universal-Insider
Volunteer

Post by Universal-Insider » Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:13 am

Stringfellow Hawke wrote:What a load of complete b-u-l-l-s-h-i-t!!!

Not enough capacity on single-sided discs for the trailers, when your "Universal-Playback" has released "Magnum, p.i. - Season 1" with the trailers intact, and previous single volume releases, both VHS and DVD, with the trailers!

You'll defintely be loosing alot of profit and sales by not including the trailers, Universal-Insider - DVD's are supposed to contain the uncut versions of all films and television episodes, including teaser-trailers.
I know its sounds weird but its something to do with NTSC and PAL so thats the problem!!

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:47 am

Can I ask another question to you Universal Insider?

What was the reason for no extra's on season 2 set?

Can we exspect any extras on the remaining box sets?

Thanks in advance.