Killer Kitt episode

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Livton
Volunteer

Killer Kitt episode

Post by Livton » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:15 am

Everyone talks about the Garth episodes or the episodes with Stevie in as being the most memorable...
But why do people seem to never talk about the episodes were Kitt turns bad, as in the episode "Killer Kitt" or the one in the first season "Chariots of Gold"
The Killer Kitt episode for me in season 4 was by far was one of the most memorable and i wonder if anyone else agrees with me on that? :shock:

whet
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by whet » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:29 am

I agree"Killer Kitt" does stand out,

sort of like Kitt turns into Karr :lol:

Livton
Volunteer

Post by Livton » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:33 am

Aaahhhh yes..Karr! Lol

I never hear fans talking about those 2 episodes either :?

"Trust dont rust" from season 1 and "Kitt V Karr" from season 3

Its always Garth this or Stevie that....... :roll:

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:00 am

Everyone talks about the Garth episodes or the episodes with Stevie in as being the most memorable...
But why do people seem to never talk about the episodes were Kitt turns bad, as in the episode "Killer Kitt" or the one in the first season "Chariots of Gold"
The Killer Kitt episode for me in season 4 was by far was one of the most memorable and i wonder if anyone else agrees with me on that?
Well... to tell you the truth, both Trust Dosen't Rust and Kitt Vs. Karr is more relevant to talk about rather than talking about the episodes you menchoned, "Killer Kitt" and "Chariots of Gold". Why?
Well... if we take Killer Kitt for instance, the episode is good but it dosen't explain a lot of things that well I think. I mean take Marco Berio for example, who takes the control of Kitt in "Killer Kitt". You don't know that much about him until you see the episode. In fact none of Kitt's technicians were well explained throughout the 4 seasons except for The Original Knight Team that repaires Kitt in Junk Yard Dog!
And in "Chariots of Gold" Bonnie get's brainwashed and takes control over Kitt to work against Michael. You never see how she get's brainwashed and Kitt dosen't resist when Bonnie is trying to mix with his alpha - cricuits and stuff. These things are of course important to take into consideration but... well that's what I think.
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Livton
Volunteer

Post by Livton » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:07 am

I think why Kitt does not resist in "Chariots of Gold" could because Bonnie knows exactly what she is going for in Kitts system & because its Bonnie, Kitt automatically trusts her and assumes she knows what she is doing :?

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:30 am

Bonnie was drugged in "Chariots of Gold". There was talk of the drug beforehand, then there was a brief showing of a needle when they were taking Bonnie to show her something or another, I think. So it was assumed she was drugged.

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:40 am

I have several that stand out:
"Race for Life"
"Killer KITT"
"Soul Survivor"
"White Bird"
"Short Notice"
"Knight of the Drones"
and "Knight of the Phoenix"
I have several more in mind, but I can't think of them right now.....

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Re: Killer Kitt episode

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:30 am

Livton wrote:But why do people seem to never talk about the episodes were Kitt turns bad, as in the episode "Killer Kitt" or the one in the first season "Chariots of Gold"The Killer Kitt episode for me in season 4 was by far was one of the most memorable and i wonder if anyone else agrees with me on that? :shock:

"Killer K.I.T.T." is one of my favorite episodes as well. My favorite part is where K.I.T.T. is fully overridden and blasts through the intersection. "Trust Doesn't Rust" and "K.I.T.T. Vs. K.A.R.R." are talked about all over this board-- just look around a bit and you should find some threads on them.

andrewd
Recruit

Post by andrewd » Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:08 am

I have to agree with you. Killer KITT was a great episode.

My other favourites are the Goliath Episodes, Slamin' Sammy's Stunt Show Spectacular, Soul Survivor, Trust Doesn't Rust. Kitt Vs Karr, White Bird, Let it be Me and Mouth of the Snake.

andrewd
Recruit

Post by andrewd » Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:10 am

Junk Yard Dog is also another favourite episode that springs to mind.

I'm sure there are others as well but can't think of them offhand.

Knight Rocker
Recruit

Post by Knight Rocker » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:17 am

One thing I always wondered about Killer Kitt is why Bario didn't have Kitt eject Michael from the seat when Michael was replacing the memory module?

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:16 am

Knight Rocker wrote:One thing I always wondered about Killer Kitt is why Bario didn't have Kitt eject Michael from the seat when Michael was replacing the memory module?
The same reason why he didn't have K.I.T.T. go into Super Pursuit Mode when he sent him to destroy the convention center: because he didn't know all of KITT's systems.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:46 am

I think the reason why Bario didn't have Kitt reject the seat or hit the super pursuit mode button is that those has to be enabled by either Michael or someone that is driving the car. in other words, Kitt cannot do that by himself. Whenever Kitt is going in to super pursuit mode you can see Michael's finger pushing a button. Or whenever Michael is about to reject the seat to reach a balcony or such he presses the reject button. Kitt can only adjust the pressure, you can tell from the red bar that get's full the second Michael flies up in the sky!
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Arjun
Operative

Post by Arjun » Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:49 pm

Another episode rarely mentioned on this board was Deadly Knightshade. Although it looks like negative advertising for the show and KITT, it was an episode you'd get hooked on to. A magician could "fool" KITT with all his tricks, but he had a little help......KITT's reactions were worth a watch.

Maybe KARR also had a split personality, just like KITT. First, he looked exactly like KITT and had no idea what he was up to, and then, he turned into something very evil. A lot like the Punch/Counterpunch part in Transformers, isn't it?

Tomy
Recruit

Post by Tomy » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:11 pm

Knight-Armen wrote:I think the reason why Bario didn't have Kitt reject the seat or hit the super pursuit mode button is that those has to be enabled by either Michael or someone that is driving the car. in other words, Kitt cannot do that by himself.
That doesn't quite track - Kitt ejected Charles himself in 'Knight In Disgrace'
Now to answer your original question - I was highly disappointed by Killer Kitt. The ep had a great start, was loaded with possibilities, then proceeded to careen downwards (IMHO) When Kitt is heading towards the convention centre, Michael makes a comment about having to kill Kitt. To me, that took me right out of the episode. With all the hair brained ideas the three of them come up with, for Michael to spew that so quickly, and somewhat heartlessly, distroyed all the friendship/family buildup they had established over the preceding years. If he and Bonnie felt as strongly as they appeared to in Junkyard Dog, they would not have contemplated that thought. You don't kill your best friend. You find a way to help him/her.

Just my two cents 8)
hugs
tomy

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:55 pm

Actually, I DO find it may be their mindset. I mean, thinking about how they were set out to kill KARR BOTH times instead of just capturing him and rebuilding him, even though KARR was KITT's brother, and pitting KITT against him, etc. It's as if sure they take care of the car but when push came to shove they'd also just give it up too. I mean, wasn't there also an episode where the foundation was thinking of stopping the whole FLAG project and getting rid of KITT? Something with Jennifer Knight in it? Or something? Or was that a fanfic somewhere, I forgot? (If it was a fanfic, disregard that last question ;) )

But yeah, I agree one should never get rid of their best friend if they can help it. I mean, even with my car I do all I can for him and believe me, he was nearly Junkyard material last year with all the rust holes and major mechanical problems. Now, he's looking great and so far I'm kinda able to keep up with the fixups, even doing some of them myself to save money. When you spend a lot of time, money and hard work on something, you can get attached and not want to let it go so easily. Not as easily as Michael was about to get rid of KITT in Killer KITT, that's for sure!

I'm glad it had a happy ending though. :) Maybe they just threw that in as drama to try and portray how seriously and possibly "too far gone" KITT was, as in Michael in an impossible situation, faced with having to kill his best friend to save other lives, but in the end they do save KITT too.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:04 am

That doesn't quite track - Kitt ejected Charles himself in 'Knight In Disgrace'
Now to answer your original question - I was highly disappointed by Killer Kitt. The ep had a great start, was loaded with possibilities, then proceeded to careen downwards (IMHO) When Kitt is heading towards the convention centre, Michael makes a comment about having to kill Kitt. To me, that took me right out of the episode. With all the hair brained ideas the three of them come up with, for Michael to spew that so quickly, and somewhat heartlessly, distroyed all the friendship/family buildup they had established over the preceding years. If he and Bonnie felt as strongly as they appeared to in Junkyard Dog, they would not have contemplated that thought. You don't kill your best friend. You find a way to help him/her.
I agree with you to 100%!!! I mean, as you said, Michael was very disappointed in Junk Yard Dog when Kitt was destroyed by that acid and now after all those years the best thing he can come up with is to destroy Kitt, in order to prevent him from crashing in to that convension hall? That would be my last action!!!

Fantine
Operative

Post by Fantine » Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:42 pm

I think it all boiled down to all of the people's who lives were at stake. He wasn't just sent to crash into the building, Kitt was being sent to crash into the building in order to *kill* a lot of people.

Michael was in a lose lose situation.