Devon the bad guy in "Knight of the Jauggernaught"

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Livton
Volunteer

Devon the bad guy in "Knight of the Jauggernaught"

Post by Livton » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:47 am

What did others think of "Knight of the Jauggernaught" and Devon as the bad guy?
Did anyone think it was really well done or just think it was a bit too rediculous - the story was that Devon was kidnapped and a baddie was given Devons appearance :lol:

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Knight-Armen » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:10 am

I think the episode was very well written!!! Devon get's cloned and are to be the bad guy. Knight of The Juggernaut was in fact a two - hour - episode that were played in Chicago. And again Kitt get's demolished for the 10th time i think. One could wonder how Michael takes care of his equipment! However this time when Kitt get's repaired he can travel over 40% faster than he's regular topspeed with the Super Pursuit Mode!
Among all of these happenings there was one thing that spoiled it all, RC3, who became known as RC later in the episode. It was really silly to add him as a character in the remaining episodes.
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Livton
Volunteer

Post by Livton » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:17 am

I never really saw the point of R.C either to be honest?
I think he was meant to just be the driver of the lorry in season 4, that was his main purpose if im not mistaken? :?

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:37 am

The episode was a good one, and Nordstrom planned to trick Michael into believing that the fake Devon was the real deal while he kept Devon in his clutches as long as possible.
Thankfully the guy got caught.....
I think it was also good that they added the RC character, since he also added his own kind of panache to the series.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:36 am

Livton wrote:I never really saw the point of R.C either to be honest?
I think he was meant to just be the driver of the lorry in season 4, that was his main purpose if im not mistaken? :?
The purpose of adding RC to the series was both to help add a new element to the show to keep it fresh (as with Super Pursuit Mode) and to create more storylines. I always liked the character, even if he didn't do all that much in a lot of episodes. I always liked when he would give Michael a hand on missions, too.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:06 am

I love that episode. When I was little, it was my all-time favorite (now I don't know which is). And Michael figures out the whole Devon thing with "Call me Ishmael." A lot of people really don't like hte introduction of RC3, he never bothered me. When he joined there were also episodes where the whole staff would be involvedin a mission (like the one where KITT goes undercover in that melting plastic (I never remember the name of that episode).

And hte like RC and his bike reacting with Devon, "I got it for free."
"You were ripped off."
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:07 pm

Hey Livton I love your topics by the way, you like all my favorite episodes. I actully love RC and think he made season 4 have some more spice, but that's my opionin, but this episode created some controversy about Kitt's shell, they never talk about it in the show if he got his shell back, but we all agreed after juggernaut he got it at the foundation, as towards the end of the season, Kitt rides through lava and says that his shell can't take much more heat, so he got it back, but without explaination, like the Bonnie or April change.
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**
Please check out my Knight Rider site at
http://www.knightriderforever.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:23 pm

Hey Livton I love your topics by the way, you like all my favorite episodes. I actully love RC and think he made season 4 have some more spice, but that's my opionin, but this episode created some controversy about Kitt's shell, they never talk about it in the show if he got his shell back, but we all agreed after juggernaut he got it at the foundation, as towards the end of the season, Kitt rides through lava and says that his shell can't take much more heat, so he got it back, but without explaination, like the Bonnie or April change.
However the change of Bonnie to April does have an explanation.
After the first episode was done, the producers decided to do another season with a different techincian for Kitt. They wanted a more attractive woman so they asked Rebecca Holden (April). But after the second season they changed back to Bonnie since the fans didn't like April. They thought that April didn't look like a real technician as Bonnie did. Michael on the other hand did also prefer Bonnie rather than April. (There is also a rumor that Michael was hitting Bonnie in the backstages because he liked her. Don't know why) =)
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:13 pm

Knight-Armen wrote:
However the change of Bonnie to April does have an explanation.
After the first episode was done, the producers decided to do another season with a different techincian for Kitt. They wanted a more attractive woman so they asked Rebecca Holden (April). But after the second season they changed back to Bonnie since the fans didn't like April. They thought that April didn't look like a real technician as Bonnie did. Michael on the other hand did also prefer Bonnie rather than April. (There is also a rumor that Michael was hitting Bonnie in the backstages because he liked her. Don't know why) =)

You don't mean David and Patricia actully got it on do you? :P
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**
Please check out my Knight Rider site at
http://www.knightriderforever.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:55 am

Well... that's hard to say. I really don't know more than that. The only thing I know is that Michael was hitting Bonnie on the backstages because he liked her. I don't know why he was hitting her, I mean that's not a sign of love to me! I have to do a further investigation on that. When I know more i will come back to ya with more info.

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:20 am

Knight-Armen wrote:I don't know why he was hitting her, I mean that's not a sign of love to me!
It's just a figure of speech. When a guy hits on a girl, he is making a pass. He is actually courting and flirting with the girl. :lol:

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:58 am

No kidding? That I didn't know! I will do some investigation and tell you the details shortly!

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:06 am

Knight-Armen wrote:However the change of Bonnie to April does have an explanation. After the first episode was done, the producers decided to do another season with a different techincian for Kitt. They wanted a more attractive woman so they asked Rebecca Holden (April). But after the second season they changed back to Bonnie since the fans didn't like April. They thought that April didn't look like a real technician as Bonnie did. Michael on the other hand did also prefer Bonnie rather than April. (There is also a rumor that Michael was hitting Bonnie in the backstages because he liked her. Don't know why) =)
None of this is accurate. Patricia McPherson sort of butted heads with producer Robert Foster over her character. Patricia was upset that Bonnie always had to wear those white overalls in every episode and she wanted there to be a romance with Michael. The producers did not agree with Patricia's point of view, which she thought was ridiculous because there was some type of romance on nearly every episode. Due to these differences (among other things), Foster fired McPherson. David was afraid to defend Patricia for fear that he would lose his job as well. Of course, later, by the 3rd season, they had re-hired Patricia as a cast regular and wrote in that she was at a university the whole time.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:47 pm

None of this is accurate. Patricia McPherson sort of butted heads with producer Robert Foster over her character. Patricia was upset that Bonnie always had to wear those white overalls in every episode and she wanted there to be a romance with Michael. The producers did not agree with Patricia's point of view, which she thought was ridiculous because there was some type of romance on nearly every episode. Due to these differences (among other things), Foster fired McPherson. David was afraid to defend Patricia for fear that he would lose his job as well. Of course, later, by the 3rd season, they had re-hired Patricia as a cast regular and wrote in that she was at a university the whole time.
Then why did they hire Patricia again after the second season. She didn't like to wear overalls in every episode? How did they convince her to come back?

Reissuleipa
Rookie

Post by Reissuleipa » Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:21 am

Well...You don't really see Bonnie wearing overalls in 3rd and 4th season episodes do you?

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:28 am

No not really, but she wanted more feelings between Bonnie and Michael. Where do you see that part?

tkr9
Operative

Post by tkr9 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:36 pm

I love the episode, but then I love every episode with Devon in it. (Writing from England here and the guy has an English accent - a bit of home in an american tv series - even if Edward Mulhare was Irish...)

I get why RC was put into the series, but I think it sort of backfired. He seemed a bit superfluous, a sort of insistent nod to the PC lot that I think was a bit childish.

I have to say I do miss the 'mentor-figure' in modern tv series. There was something about Devon in KR and Adama in BG that made everything feel very secure. I missed the role in TKR and I think the Adama in the new BG series isn't strong or leadery enough, and I've heard they're shooting him...

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:45 pm

tkr9 wrote:I have to say I do miss the 'mentor-figure' in modern tv series. There was something about Devon in KR and Adama in BG that made everything feel very secure. I missed the role in TKR and I think the Adama in the new BG series isn't strong or leadery enough, and I've heard they're shooting him...
I have to agree that Lorne Greene (who played Adama) was a good choice to play a father figure/strong leader in Battlestar Galactica... as Edward Mulhare played Devon in KR. Sadly they have both passed away since. There are only a handful of worthy actors out there still capable of such a role....such as Sean Connery. But he commands such a huge talent fee. Oh well...

tkr9
Operative

Post by tkr9 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:02 pm

How about Liam Neeson, he was great in Batman Begins! Or Sean Bean, he can be really sophisticated (when he puts his mind to it). Being supportive and mentor-ly is tricky though. You have to be fatherly without being too soft.

Judi Dench! Doesn't have to be bloke after all and Dame Judi steals the show in James Bond!