DVD woe's

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KARR_Knight
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

DVD woe's

Post by KARR_Knight » Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:32 pm

I finally broke down i got the 1st season on DVD via the Wal-Mart online store & when i recived it today i opened it up & it was missing the 1st disc, there wasnt nothing to do but laugh, so i took it back to the local Wal-Mart & they didnt have any copies of it, so they gave me store credit & i got the 2nd season. So i get home pop in the 1st disc & it keeps locking up & playing choppy! So im kinda having a bad day with the KR DVD's. From what i saw it was nice to see the episodes in great quality.

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:12 pm

Missing a disc? Now that's interesting. Looks like someone was slacking at the DVD factory :lol: But anyway sorry to hear about all the other DVD problems. You're not the only one. I must have gotten lucky because I haven't had a single problem with my set but a lot of other people have. Hope things work out.
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

walter h. anderson
FLAG Recruit

Post by walter h. anderson » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:30 pm

KARR_Knight, you're not the only one with Knight Rider DVD problems.
I can't watch "Good Day at White Rock", "Hearts of Stone" or "Give Me Liberty...or Give Me Death" on my Season 1 DVD set. It's very choppy.

And I thought it was me doing something wrong with the DVD system.

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:41 pm

Uh, perhaps you bought a very flawed DVD set or something else? Just asking......

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun May 01, 2005 7:11 pm

That sucks, guys. Makes me wonder what whoever is doing the packaging is smoking. The down side to this new slimmer DVD packaging is that it forces Universal to go with the double-sided disc format which is more susceptible to damage. I'm willing to bet that if Universal went with the single-sided format, we wouldn't be hearing about these problems as much.

KARR_Knight
Rookie

Post by KARR_Knight » Sun May 01, 2005 7:40 pm

They didnt even put int he 1st disc in the 1st season, wtf is that?

chrisebourg
Operative

Re: DVD woe's

Post by chrisebourg » Sun May 01, 2005 9:19 pm

KARR_Knight wrote:I finally broke down i got the 1st season on DVD via the Wal-Mart online store & when i recived it today i opened it up & it was missing the 1st disc, there wasnt nothing to do but laugh, so i took it back to the local Wal-Mart & they didnt have any copies of it, so they gave me store credit & i got the 2nd season. So i get home pop in the 1st disc & it keeps locking up & playing choppy! So im kinda having a bad day with the KR DVD's. From what i saw it was nice to see the episodes in great quality.
Oh my god - not your day for luck. Just to re-assure you - Season 1 had a defective disc when I purchased it @ Walmart. Season 2 was fine from Amazon.

A note though, whenever Season 3 comes out - buy it somewhere else. if you buy from the same place 3 in a row, odds are, it will not work.

Good luck

chrisebourg
Operative

Post by chrisebourg » Sun May 01, 2005 9:21 pm

LadyV2000 wrote:Missing a disc? Now that's interesting. Looks like someone was slacking at the DVD factory :lol: But anyway sorry to hear about all the other DVD problems. You're not the only one. I must have gotten lucky because I haven't had a single problem with my set but a lot of other people have. Hope things work out.
You havn't had a problem because you are Lady V - simple things amuse you so if you were missing a disc, you would have just laughed...
Hehehe Just kidding :) :D

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun May 01, 2005 10:00 pm

KARR_Knight wrote:They didnt even put int he 1st disc in the 1st season, wtf is that?
That's called bad luck.

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Mon May 02, 2005 10:52 am

chrisebourg wrote:
LadyV2000 wrote:Missing a disc? Now that's interesting. Looks like someone was slacking at the DVD factory :lol: But anyway sorry to hear about all the other DVD problems. You're not the only one. I must have gotten lucky because I haven't had a single problem with my set but a lot of other people have. Hope things work out.
You havn't had a problem because you are Lady V - simple things amuse you so if you were missing a disc, you would have just laughed...
Hehehe Just kidding :) :D
LOL! :lol: Well I don't know if I would have been that amused, but since I got it as a gift, I wouldn't have been that pissed either.
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

kightfan
Stranger

Post by kightfan » Mon May 02, 2005 6:08 pm

Hi new here i know the n is missing from my name i was'nt watching what i was doing

But anyway my first season dvd, Dvd 2 side b was all scrached up and you could'nt even see you face in it, and it would play about 10 mintues into the ep on side B of the second dvd. I toke it to my cousin and he keep saying that my dvd player was missed up i know it was'nt becuase i have had my dvd player for about a year and have only uesd it about 7 times. I toke it back to Wal-Mart and got another, This dvd is'nt scrached and it plays good. But the odd thing is the first dvd did play in my cousin's dvd player. :shock:

KARR_Knight
Rookie

Post by KARR_Knight » Mon May 02, 2005 6:29 pm

How about this now, I fell asleep watching the the season 2 DVD that works & i woke up to the DVD menu that plays still & i weird loud noise coming out of the back of my 60inch TV! So now the TV is broken & wont display right with the loud noise coming out of it. So i have to get it checked out! Im cursed i tell you!

chrisebourg
Operative

Post by chrisebourg » Tue May 03, 2005 6:10 pm

LOL! :lol: Well I don't know if I would have been that amused, but since I got it as a gift, I wouldn't have been that pissed either.[/quote]

I can just imagine you get a KR DVD Collection gift, you open up the first case and god almighty, the first thing u notice is the first disc is missing.

I would be yelling and cussing and throwing things around. :)

chrisebourg
Operative

Post by chrisebourg » Tue May 03, 2005 6:13 pm

kightfan wrote:Hi new here i know the n is missing from my name i was'nt watching what i was doing

But anyway my first season dvd, Dvd 2 side b was all scrached up and you could'nt even see you face in it, and it would play about 10 mintues into the ep on side B of the second dvd. I toke it to my cousin and he keep saying that my dvd player was missed up i know it was'nt becuase i have had my dvd player for about a year and have only uesd it about 7 times. I toke it back to Wal-Mart and got another, This dvd is'nt scrached and it plays good. But the odd thing is the first dvd did play in my cousin's dvd player. :shock:
I think Wal Mart is tampering with the discs man. :D I think People are watching them and re-wrapping them when there are done and selling them. We are only hearing bad experiences from people who bought DVD's from the various walmart stores.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue May 03, 2005 6:23 pm

I was lucky that both my DVD sets were fine. I got the first at Buy.com last year. The Season 2 I pre-ordered at Amazon.com. No problems.

I don't exactly care for the double-sided DVDs but I'm just extra careful in handling them. I've seen Season 1 over and over many times and I already started watching Season 2 again. :)

alcoholica_316
Volunteer

Post by alcoholica_316 » Tue May 03, 2005 8:16 pm

the entire B side of disc 3, first season wouldn't work for me. i too, got it at wal-mart.

karr_knight- just take the back off of your tv. it's not held on my vary much. being a 60" (and i'm guessing a few years old and a 4:3 (square) ratio) the guns may be out. could be caused by a few different things but it may not be major. if you want to save yourself some time and $$$, just take off the back. it's probably a one piece cover, that way you can see what the heck is going on. they are really quite simple...you might be sureprised.

knightdogg
Rookie

Post by knightdogg » Sun May 15, 2005 10:49 pm

KITT the Cat on on my second season DVD does not work.