eBay people are dumb

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: Matthew, neps, Michael Pajaro

Locked
User avatar
ad227529
Rookie
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:33 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Contact:

eBay people are dumb

Post by ad227529 » Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:35 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 85178&rd=1

i think someone ran this through some mud in their back yard and then put it "mint" back in the box...

whaddya think?

User avatar
TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative
Posts: 1297
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2003 11:09 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Brooklyn, NY 11208
Contact:

Post by TurbomanKnight » Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:49 am

This was discussed awhile back. But the seller of this item actually painted the "mud" on the car. Looks so real.
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

User avatar
KNIGHT RAIDER
Operative
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:43 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Oakland, CA
Contact:

Post by KNIGHT RAIDER » Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:24 am

I know exactly what you mean ad227529, what some people will do to make an extra buck on Ebay. The next thing you know, somebody will come up with a shattered window or a blown out tire, or worse, an acid dissolve version of KITT, like in episode "Junkyard Dog". How pathetic. :lol:

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)
Posts: 3333
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:55 pm

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:08 am

Looks like the one I had discovered awhile back. 1-day listing and no bids. I think he relisted this as it didn't sell the last time. I don't think it WILL sell. LOL!

I wish there were more of the GOOD items like Knight modeler's Semi. :) That drew in good money for him and it was so nicely done. Whoever recieves it is getting a one-of-a-kind piece of perfection. :)

User avatar
sheltonw3
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Hellfire & Brimstone a.k.a. Portland!

Post by sheltonw3 » Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:27 am

KNIGHT RAIDER wrote:I know exactly what you mean ad227529, what some people will do to make an extra buck on Ebay. The next thing you know, somebody will come up with a shattered window or a blown out tire, or worse, an acid dissolve version of KITT, like in episode "Junkyard Dog". How pathetic. :lol:



WHOOPS TOO LATE!...but this one is not for sale only personal collecting!Image

User avatar
Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 802
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Contact:

Post by Army_F_Body » Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:59 am

I got a 1:1 model of that :)

Image

User avatar
TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative
Posts: 1297
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2003 11:09 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Brooklyn, NY 11208
Contact:

Post by TurbomanKnight » Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:20 am

Sheltonw3- Dude, did you sand down a 1/18 Scale KITT? Mighty Fine. 8)
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

User avatar
HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 809
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:58 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Asia Pacific

Post by HondaSiR » Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:17 pm

Why sand it down? Just take it apart then soak the metal body in automotive brake fluid. That will melt the paint in a day or two. :)

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)
Posts: 3333
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:55 pm

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:20 pm

Or, as "Dave Knight" told me, you can remove Chrome by soaking in Castrol SuperClean (All Wheel Cleaner) for a few days. Though one set of bowling ball caps for my models took over a week to soak off the chrome and stuff. :)

User avatar
KNIGHT RAIDER
Operative
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:43 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Oakland, CA
Contact:

Post by KNIGHT RAIDER » Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:51 pm

No you didn't :lol: , I do not believe it. That looks soo "freakin" real OMG. Wonderful detail work sheltonw3, now all we need is a white primed up version of KITT to complete the "Junkyard Dog" episode collection. That would look soo cool to have all three versions of KITT, before & after.

I wouldn't mind seeing a body damaged KITT, like in the episode 'Goliath" where the right front of KITT was all bashed up.

User avatar
ad227529
Rookie
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:33 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Contact:

Post by ad227529 » Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:02 pm

Army_F_Body wrote:I got a 1:1 model of that :)

Image


i realize this car has a long way to go...but i cant WAIT for my car to look this good : ) i want that nose SOOOOO badly...

User avatar
sheltonw3
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Hellfire & Brimstone a.k.a. Portland!

Post by sheltonw3 » Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:27 pm

KNIGHT RAIDER wrote:No you didn't :lol: , I do not believe it. That looks soo "freakin" real OMG. Wonderful detail work sheltonw3, now all we need is a white primed up version of KITT to complete the "Junkyard Dog" episode collection. That would look soo cool to have all three versions of KITT, before & after.

I wouldn't mind seeing a body damaged KITT, like in the episode 'Goliath" where the right front of KITT was all bashed up.



A trashed version of kitt from goliath may happen for someone who has the time and tools to wreck one!...but unfortunately I will not be doing a wrecked diecast version since I already did a 1/25 scale version in that and the primered kitt and just recently I acquired a 1984 mpc kitt to convert into a 3rd season all black karr with the amber scanner!....so now I have 16=1/25 scale kitt/karrs and 3=1/18 kitt/karr dicast,1=kenner kitt in 4th season ,4=1/12 scale R/C kitt/karrs ,6 hot wheel kitt/karrs and a 1/1 full size conversion!....and now I am in the process to start drawing again to create a "EVIL KNIGHT RIDER" spoof with garth & karr!,this will mock the lunch box in 3-D and it will be altnerate world from good to evil!
if I ever get it complete!

User avatar
ad227529
Rookie
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:33 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Contact:

Post by ad227529 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:58 am

sheltonw3 wrote:
KNIGHT RAIDER wrote:No you didn't :lol: , I do not believe it. That looks soo "freakin" real OMG. Wonderful detail work sheltonw3, now all we need is a white primed up version of KITT to complete the "Junkyard Dog" episode collection. That would look soo cool to have all three versions of KITT, before & after.

I wouldn't mind seeing a body damaged KITT, like in the episode 'Goliath" where the right front of KITT was all bashed up.



A trashed version of kitt from goliath may happen for someone who has the time and tools to wreck one!...but unfortunately I will not be doing a wrecked diecast version since I already did a 1/25 scale version in that and the primered kitt and just recently I acquired a 1984 mpc kitt to convert into a 3rd season all black karr with the amber scanner!....so now I have 16=1/25 scale kitt/karrs and 3=1/18 kitt/karr dicast,1=kenner kitt in 4th season ,4=1/12 scale R/C kitt/karrs ,6 hot wheel kitt/karrs and a 1/1 full size conversion!....and now I am in the process to start drawing again to create a "EVIL KNIGHT RIDER" spoof with garth & karr!,this will mock the lunch box in 3-D and it will be altnerate world from good to evil!
if I ever get it complete!


remember if you or anyone DOES do the Goliath one, that the wrecked KITT in that apparently had the hood scoop knocked clean off so you'll have to find a way to grind it off and smooth it out : )

i love the glitches

User avatar
walter h. anderson
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:53 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Middlefield, Ohio
Contact:

Post by walter h. anderson » Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:19 am

It's always interesting to see KITT without his hood scoop in that episode.
Goliath must've shaved it clean off and left bare metal in its place.

User avatar
spyhunter
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 292
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Near Minot, North Dakota

Post by spyhunter » Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:59 pm

An amber 3rd set of lights on a model? What THE?

Hasn't anybody seen the show?

SH

User avatar
chrisebourg
Operative
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:17 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Contact:

Post by chrisebourg » Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:08 pm

Some people have no respect for the value of KITT :o

User avatar
spyhunter
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 292
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Near Minot, North Dakota

Post by spyhunter » Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:51 pm

Wouldn't it be more respectful to make him authentic?

SH

User avatar
KNIGHT RAIDER
Operative
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:43 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Oakland, CA
Contact:

Post by KNIGHT RAIDER » Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:22 pm

It's too bad this isn't a Back To The Future chat room, otherwise I would demand to see a die cast Delorean Time Machine covered in frost ice, a pair of fire trails, a string of flags tangled on the landing gear wheel, or an arrow stuck on the side. For all we know, one could already exist. :lol:

But I have to give the artist who painted the mud covered KITT some credit, for his ad on Ebay had already received a bid.

User avatar
pewter 02ws6
Operative
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:05 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: PA

Post by pewter 02ws6 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:32 pm

i don't think i would call the person dumb. i think the person is actually really smart. there have been dirty versions of the general lee and the smokey and the bandit t/a and now kitt bringing in high amounts. you may not agree with the practice but ertl must see the potential profit from it as they are soon coming out with a "dirty version" of the general lee.

User avatar
walter h. anderson
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:53 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Middlefield, Ohio
Contact:

Post by walter h. anderson » Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:18 pm

Well, they did do it to the movie Batmobile.

User avatar
Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops
Posts: 2716
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:45 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Long Island, NY

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:57 pm

When a reputable company sells an officially released version, then I think people would be more inclined to buy it. I think the problem with this particular car on eBay was that it was a home made job (or at least seen that way).

User avatar
walter h. anderson
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:53 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Middlefield, Ohio
Contact:

Post by walter h. anderson » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:19 pm

Well said, Lost Knight.

Locked