Cool Sound Effect

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

chrisebourg
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Cool Sound Effect

Post by chrisebourg » Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:54 pm

Watch out you craving KR fans, I have one for you!

I guess you can tell I'm tired but I have a question. In the following 2 episodes: Knight of the Juggernaut & Goliath Returns - When the Juggernaut in Part 2 is going after Michael in the final scene and when Goliath goes off the cliff, you can hear kinda like a growling/grinding sound... ggrrrrroooowwwrraaaa - :D I find this sound effect quite amusing and scary at the same time. Am I making sense?
Last edited by chrisebourg on Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:36 pm

That sound effect was also used in Duel and Jaws. It's like a dinosaur growl that steven spielberg captured from an old dinosaur film.

It's been used quite a few times in various shows and films.

chrisebourg
Operative

Post by chrisebourg » Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:55 pm

Skav wrote:That sound effect was also used in Duel and Jaws. It's like a dinosaur growl that steven spielberg captured from an old dinosaur film.

It's been used quite a few times in various shows and films.
:D I knew it sounded familiar! It's quite a disturbing, yet, effective sound effect.

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:09 pm

chrisebourg wrote::D I knew it sounded familiar! It's quite a disturbing, yet, effective sound effect.
Yeah, it kinda reminds me of the sound my stomach makes when I'm hungry. Makes me want to raid the icebox. :)

chrisebourg
Operative

Post by chrisebourg » Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:44 pm

HondaSiR wrote:
chrisebourg wrote::D I knew it sounded familiar! It's quite a disturbing, yet, effective sound effect.
Yeah, it kinda reminds me of the sound my stomach makes when I'm hungry. Makes me want to raid the icebox. :)
:D :D :D :D KITT speaking: Michael, I am in need of fuel/oil now...... RRRRRrrrroooooaaaarrrrrr :) or a good spin to the get the exhaust going

theevolved1
Operative

Post by theevolved1 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:37 pm

lol they used that several times in the goliath episodes... usually on shots of goliath driving off.
Funny TKR Quote

*bling*
"Maintanence Please Report to the Recreation Room.... The Jukebox is Jammed on Moonlight at the Oasis."

chrisebourg
Operative

Post by chrisebourg » Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:11 pm

theevolved1 wrote:lol they used that several times in the goliath episodes... usually on shots of goliath driving off.
You are right - they had used it several times. I guess the ending just stuck to me because Goliath was officially destroyed.