Knight Rider Online Turns Ten!

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider Online Turns Ten!

Post by neps » Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:46 pm

Ten years ago tomorrow, Knight Rider Online was born! I just wanted to thank everyone who has helped us along the way behind the scenes, and who continue to do so (sith, michael pajaro, knightshade and jup). and more importantly viewers like you. It is the community (over 3000 registered here alone) that has grown here that has made and continues to make Knight Rider Online the success it has become. I've had the privilege to talk at lengths to a number of you and even meet a few in person, and it really is an amazing group here. I want to thank everyone for their support, even those that continue to lurk in the recesses.

Also I'd like to thank our sponsors for the contest that have helped with this months celebration, Universal, 80stees.com and hopefully one more that I'm waiting to confirm on. (not over yet folks :) )

If someone told me ten years ago that this site would still be around and thriving, I wouldn't have believed them. It really is incredible to still be here. Thank you everyone.

I put together a quick little page about our story, which also has a few images from what the site used to look like in previous versions that is kinda fun to check out

http://www.knightrideronline.com/ten

Here is to Ten more!

(and hopefully a Knight Rider movie by then! That rumor has been going since day one!)

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:08 pm

I didn't know the website was a decade old until it was mentioned on your website!:0
I only began to get into your site when the 1st season of "Knight Rider" was released on DVD, and I also only began to be on the message board ealier this year, too.:0
Well, I wish you a good 10th anniversary of your website, and hope you'll keep up your good work!:)

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:26 pm

Happy 10th Anniversary to KRO!! Cheers to Neil and all the supporting staff and members here. :D :D :D

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:39 am

Happy 10th anniversary Knight Rider Online!
I remember seeing the 2nd design of this website when I was surfing my first times in net . Had no access to net in the original design's time.
Thank you Neil and the supporting team for creating this great website to Knight Rider fans. Keep up the great work :)

-KITTfan-

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:53 am

Happy anniversary, KRO! I also remember surfing the 'Net years ago when this site had the older home pages. Keeping a website going strong for ten years and gaining 3,000+ members is no easy task!

TashaKnight
Rookie

Post by TashaKnight » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:56 am

HAPPY ANNV!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad that this domain is here. Thank you for just being you.

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:28 am

Hurrah!

Believe me, in the cut throat world of the internet and hosting companies, surviving for ten years is quite an achievement. :)

May the site continue to grow over the next ten, as it has done thus far. And may we continue to form new friendships and memories, to help endear our lives.

One man made a difference. Cheers Neps

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:23 pm

Happy Tenth Anniversary on the site Neil. I know you've done an awesome job keeping the site active. When i first looked up Knight Rider on web. Knight Rider Online was the first link i saw. Then i just fell in love with the site, and community.

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:52 pm

Happy 10th Anniversary!!! :dance: 10 years is such an amazingly long time for a website to be around. I am so glad I discovered this site. I love it here so much . Keep up the great work Neil! :D
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

Paul
Rookie

Post by Paul » Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:01 pm

Happy anniversary to neps, sith, jup, Michael, and all the other guys who keep this place running.

Like others have said, I only got "back into" Knight Rider when I bought Season 1 on DVD. Then I found this site, and these message boards.

Well done guys, I love the place...and it's cool to have become part of a website that's been around since the internet as a home-based recreation tool was literally in it's infancy.

Here's to the next ten...when we'll all be viewing KRO on virtual-reality glasses or as holograms in thin air or something! :lol:

ANDREWHEARNE
Rookie

Post by ANDREWHEARNE » Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:25 pm

Happy annniversary guys and wow the site looks a lot different then - lol

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:50 pm

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY KNIGHT RIDER ONLINE!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dash: :dash4: :spmgo: 8) 8)

Wow Neil, you were 16 when you started this site? Thats cool. 8)
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

kitt_rulz
Operative

Post by kitt_rulz » Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:49 pm

HAPPY ANNIVERSERY KRO!!!! Glad this site is here. Makes me feel like im not the only obsessed person with knight rider in this world!!!
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all." - God Futurama

Stranger

Post by #99 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:10 pm

Happy Anniversary from County Durham, UK

Phoenix915
Operative

Post by Phoenix915 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:34 pm

Wow, a decade. That's pretty good for a website! :D Happy anniversary KRO!

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:15 pm

Happy Anniversary/Birthday ;) I am glad I found this place. It's a great place to find out what's going on. If it weren't for here, I'd never even known that KR was coming out on DVD let alone get a fresh copy as soon as they are relased. :) In the short span I've been here (Will be a year in June I believe), I've also met some wonderful and helpful people here. This board is the friendliest and most fun!

And don't forget about the new WIKI! I'm sure that in the next 10 years ;) this site will grow even more. :)

WTG Neps! Great site here! And thank you to the moderators and Sith as well. All of you are wonderful! :)

Knight Rocker
Recruit

Post by Knight Rocker » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:59 pm

Happy 10th Birthday!!!!! :P You must've started this site around the time that USA Network first aired the reruns. My senior year of high school. Man, I feel old now. Where does the time go?

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:52 pm

A little less than half the age of Knight Rider. That's really awesome. You've done a fantastic job, neps. And everyone else involved. Sith, especially, never ceases to amaze me. As I've said before, this site turned me into a guy with a passing interest in a cool show-to a nerd, and I'm forever grateful :lol:

We're also nearing my full 2 years at the site...I never noticed how short I was hear compared to the longevity of the site...but I'm exceedingly glad I joined, I was on the site before that, but it was a while before i even looked at the forums.

Thanks again, Neil.

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:33 am

Happy Birthday from the Knight Rider Archive!!

I discovered the site in the old Cybercomm-Hedgehog days (around '96 I think) and have been visiting regularly ever since. This site deserves a lot of gratitude for being the first to really unite "Knight-Riders" on the Internet.

Let's hope the site (and the community) continues to thrive for the next ten!

- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchive.com

hot knight
Operative

Post by hot knight » Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:02 am

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!! I agree this is a great site and I'm glad I found it. I've been hooked ever since. Great gob to all of you who made this a great place to visit!! :kittx: 8) :D :dance: :dance:

citizen_x
Operative

Post by citizen_x » Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:55 am

Happy 10th Anniversary everyone!!!

I can't belive that a year (almost) has past since i've first visited here.
It's been a great privilege to be a part of this site as of yet.

This site is truly a hard-core place for all things KR. you can't call yourself a fan, unless U are a member :) :kittx:

DavidHFanNatalie
Operative

Post by DavidHFanNatalie » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:10 pm

Happy 10th Anniversary! :D

Congrats Neil for keeping this site going strong for ten wonderful years! I remember discovering this site back in May 1998 when I got on the internet for the very first time. I was at the library checking out different sites for David and Knight Rider and your site was one of the first sites I found. I didn't get to see the very first design, but came in on the second one. I think you have done a great job of maintaining this site...here's to many more years of Knight Rider Online! 8)

On June 1st David Hasselhoff Online celebrates the 5 year mark...I've got some surprises in store for that month. :wink:

Nat :D

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:03 pm

Congrats, Neil. You've done a really great job to get this far!! There's lots of sites that don't even make it 6 months, let alone 10 years.

Good one. :D

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:56 pm

What a difference a decade makes.

I'm not quite a charter member, but I've been with KRO for a while. One of the first big news events we had to deal with was late '96-early '97 when Universal announced it would be making "Team Knight Rider". I was looking everywhere for news articles and images and sharing them whenever I could. But there was this guy, my arch-nemesis, named "Hedgehog" who was getting a lot of the info before me. I would come into work screaming (well, not really) "Hedgehog has photos of the cast! Hedgehog has clips of the vehicles!" I was a little naive and a little arrogant to think how could there possibly be someone out there who was as much of a fan as I was? After all, up until this point I had never met another Knight Rider fan.

Of course, now I know there are many Knight Rider addicts out there, and each one brings their own special perspective to the fandom. Some are primarily fans of Hasselhoff; some do artwork; some debate how to make a car really turbo boost. What I've enjoyed so much over the years is how KRO brings all these people together to share our appreciation for a little show about a talking car.

To Neil, to past present and future members of KRO, I salute you all.

chrisebourg
Operative

Post by chrisebourg » Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:52 am

Happy 10th Anniversary! It's nice to know that we can get together via the internet and discuss simple minded issues such as a great episode named KR !!! Great job and great board!