The ULTIMATE KR Semi Truck Display!

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by HondaSiR » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:46 pm

kittfan69 wrote:Unlike a lot of people here, I unfortunately don't own any models of Kitt as of yet, but I am always on the prowl. However, I run into major problem when I do find one I like and want. Is there any way I can purchase one from ebay if I don't have a credit card? I feel completely cut off from owning one because of this block! Please, someone tell me what else it would take. :( :idea: :)
In order to purchase and/or sell things on ebay, a person must first register. In order to do this, you must furnish a credit card number and the details about it like the card owner's name and birthday. Even if you don't have a credit card, you may use someone else's (like your father's, mother's, sister's, brother's...etc.).

After registering you may now bid. Most sellers prefer PayPal but not all of them. Some also prefer a money order. The most common ones you can buy at the postal office. There are really many ways to pay without using a card, just ask the seller first before bidding what his/her other options are.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:47 pm

I placed a bid on that great piece...and lost. :(

Maybe next time. :D

Knight modelman
Volunteer

Post by Knight modelman » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:45 pm

Hi everyone from a cold and wet UK :cry:
Thought I'd let you know that I have compiled a sheet of minature 'decals' to use on the 1/25 KITT model. It can be e-mailed as a 'word document' attachment and printed off onto your chosen paper (I have included a sheet on how I use them).

It comes complete with all the necessary 'decals' to complete a season-one dash (includes both 'solid' and 'led' voice box) * buttons for the bit below the 2 TV screens * the switch pods behind the steering wheel * Centre console.
Also included is a yellow 'voice box' to make a KARR dash, as well as KITT and KARR Licence plates.
I am going to try selling these on ebay BUT will happily send to members of knightrideronline at NO CHARGE. All I need is an email address to send to.
If these are successful, I will do the same with my Season 4 decals.
Thanks and hope to hear from you

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:47 pm

As crazy as it sounds, Knight Modelman does have a good idea by auctioning off his FLAG truck. I may have to consider auctioning off some of my car models.

Coming to think about it, Knight Modelman, have you read the April 2005 issue of "Reader's Digest"? The reason why I ask is because they have an article on how to use the Internet to make money, and two of the suggested ways is "Auction Stuff on eBay" and "Sell Your Hobby". In a way, your auction reminded me of both of those suggestions. I myself have considered doing the "Blog for $$$". And I have come across a website that do on demand products (in which I have come up with a lot of T-shirt slogans that I may do.

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:41 pm

Knight modelman: Hey there! Sorry to hear about your rather sullen weather over there at the UK. Over here in Manila, its summer time and people are going to the beach, going swimming...the like. I haven't had the time to enjoy the season yet, perhaps later in May (I don't expose myself to too much sun though, I don't like being sunburned). I hope your weather there improves soon. :)

Regarding your generous offer to give us members some samples of your decals, I am definitely interested in them because I have a 1982 MPC KITT that I haven't assembled yet. Judging by your pics in the auction, the decals really make your KITT stand out. My email address is juniebar@hotmail.com. Thanks for the offer man, and I hope you have all the time and inspiration to build more models. :D

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:09 pm

HondaSiR wrote:Knight modelman: Hey there! Sorry to hear about your rather sullen weather over there at the UK. Over here in Manila, its summer time and people are going to the beach, going swimming...the like. I haven't had the time to enjoy the season yet, perhaps later in May (I don't expose myself to too much sun though, I don't like being sunburned). I hope your weather there improves soon. :)

Regarding your generous offer to give us members some samples of your decals, I am definitely interested in them because I have a 1982 MPC KITT that I haven't assembled yet. Judging by your pics in the auction, the decals really make your KITT stand out. My email address is juniebar@hotmail.com. Thanks for the offer man, and I hope you have all the time and inspiration to build more models. :D
Ack! I almost forgot! I'd like the pack too. :D codebreaker2001@hotmail.com

Knight modelman
Volunteer

Post by Knight modelman » Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:59 am

Hi there 'HondaSiR' and 'CB2001' - Your 'decals' are on their way to you.
Thanks also to 'fuzziedice' for your helpful pointers. You certainly know your Knight Rider!
good luck :D

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:08 am

I've got the decals in my email account Knight modelman! Thank You! That sure was fast! I'm impressed with your package, it even includes concrete step by step instructions and accompanying pictures (aside from the decals themselves). Even a novice modeler will find it useful and very easy to follow. Now all I have to do is buy an Epson printer (I'm supposed to get a new one anyway, my old one bit the dust a while back) and the right type of paper. You really know how to make it easy man....Thanks again!!! :D

scruba
Volunteer

Post by scruba » Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:28 am

That is a fantastic model. Obviously a lot of time spent on it.

Well done

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:30 am

WOW!!!!! I WANT THAT!!!!

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:17 pm

Hey there Knight Modelman. Nice Semi model. If only I had the money I'll gladly place a bid. May I please have a set of them Decals? email them to Suprasuprise111@aol.com Thanks Man. 8)
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:00 pm

Also, I got the decals in my e-mail. They're sweet. :D

While on the modeling topic I finished the slight exterior mod for the '05 Ford Mustang GT prototype model I bought a while back. I added a piece of an old phone card that I had to cut and shape as a "plate" before placing the scanner (cut from a soda bottle cap) on it. I'll try to get pictures of it up soon.

Paul
Rookie

Post by Paul » Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:40 pm

Could I please get some decals?

Thanks a lot in anticipation.

pleighton2004@yahoo.com

Knight modelman
Volunteer

Post by Knight modelman » Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:46 pm

Hi Paul.
just sent them. Hope you like them.
knight modelman

Paul
Rookie

Post by Paul » Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:53 pm

Thank you! That was QUICK!

Very, very impressed!

:D

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:03 pm

BTW, here's those pictures of the '05 KITT Mustang I did. Remember, this is an exterior mod, like the Pontiac Trans-Am I turned into KARR.

1, A clear shot- Despite how it may look, the scanner is in a straight line. Also, the glass "T-Top" windows were darken in-
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/code_brea ... pg&.src=ph

2. Front shot, but not as clear.- Sorry. Focusing with a digital camera is a pain sometimes.- http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/code_brea ... pg&.src=ph

3. Rear shot- Seeing that you could look through the back brake lights inside the car, I decided to blacken them up.- http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/code_brea ... pg&.src=ph

Knight modelman
Volunteer

Post by Knight modelman » Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:15 am

Hi to everyone from a SUNNY UK! 8)
Just to let you know that I have now completed a Season 3/4 Dash (1 TV) for the 1/25 KITT model. I've sent a photo to neps and asked he put it on for me (many thanks, neps).
I'll have a decal sheet available for this soon, as well as an instruction sheet (obviously some cutting is required for this one).
Oh yea, CB2001 - liked the photos!

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:57 pm

Knight modelman wrote: Oh yea, CB2001 - liked the photos!
Thanks Knight modelman. :D I'm glad you liked them.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:57 pm

So the auction ended, and wow:

GBP 225.00
(Approximately US $431.55)

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:07 pm

Yeah!!! Congratulations Knight modelman!! The auction ended with the bidding price well above your reserve. Now you have the money to buy more kits....Cheers man!!! :D

TashaKnight
Rookie

Post by TashaKnight » Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:26 am

knight modelman, I would love a copy of the decals, if possible.

tknight@busybag.com

Congrats on your auction!

kittfan69
Recruit

Post by kittfan69 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:09 pm

Thank you FuzzieDice, I will have to check out the PayPal thing. Good lookin' out! :D